Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

We only let Sturridge leave because the alternative was him leaving on a free this summer. Getting 12M for someone with 6 months on his contract was a STEAL!! I'm certain if his contract wasn't running out this summer the board wouldn't have let him leave.

Like him or not, he would have been a fantastic squad player (but he obv wasn't happy with that, maybe a better manager could have convinced him to stay). Plus beginning of the season he was battling injuries (he is injury prone it seems, even at Liverpool) hence why he couldn't overthrow Torres, otherwise I def think he's better than Torres.

It just so happens both di Matteo and Benitez favoured Fernando - and when you think how mediocre his season was, that, for me, says quite a bit about Sturridge's temperament.

Sturridge was on the verge of ousting Torres but got injured at the wrong times under RDM.

Under Benitez he was injured/already on his way to Liverpool from when he came in.

Okay, yes he's a bit of a cunt, but Gallas played at left-back without objection.

I agree with your whole post apart from this bit. I remember in 04/05 near the end Gallas was moaning to the media about playing left back, saying something along the lines off and i quote "i will play left back for the rest of the season but after the season end i want to be a permanent cb". Ill try and find the article.

I think playing left back played a part in him eventually leaving, he played decent at left back, but he wasn't happy about it i know that much.

Ugh. I have little doubt he would succeed to an extent there but I watched them last season and their play is a mess despite getting results. They play a weird lopsided 4-2-3-1 which would probably benefit a player like Piazon who's good on the counter but for Kakuta, well, he probably won't properly perform until he's in a team which typically controls possession so he can use his 'flashy' skills etc. with little worry about whether his team will retain the ball if he loses it.

For his own career he should only consider teams like Real Sociedad (playing opposite of Griezmann would be tasty), Lyon & Marseille. A team consistently in Europe (whether it be CL or EL) that plays attractive football and gets the most out of flair players.

He won't make it at a top Premier League club unless it's with us; there's no teams consistently in a European spot in the Bundesliga who need a player like him at all and while I think he'd succeed in Serie A I think that Italy would limit his explosiveness and exciting style of play which'd be a shame for everyone.

Unlikely, but I really hope PSG, Monaco, just any top French club really comes calling for him. I want to watch him play at a top level. Maybe he could try filling Hazard's void at Lille.

• 2 weeks later...

He is being loaned again to Vitesse for the second season.

EDIT: ITS OFFICIAL. on the Vitesse website.

Vitesse en Chelsea Football Club hebben nagenoeg overeenstemming bereikt over een tweede huurtermijn van Gael Kakuta.

De Franse aanvaller meldde zich donderdag in Arnhem voor een gesprek en trainde vrijdag mee met de selectie van hoofdtrainer Peter Bosz.

Kakuta kwam vorig seizoen al op huurbasis uit voor de Arnhemmers en speelde in totaal 22 competitiewedstrijden.

http://www.vitesse.nl/vitessenl/nieuws/detail/3588

Kakuta's contract runs out in 2015, how mad is that..

Hopefully tying 'raw talent' to mega long term deals will be a thing of the past now.

I hope not. The problem is more that we do not ty our youth players long enough to profit on their sales. If they want to sit out their contract we can simply laon them, if not we can sell them. Decent players like Borini, Cork left on a free just because we were too slow to give them long term pro contracts fo rthem to have selling value.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the make or break season for him. He has to impress like De Bryune or he will just be shipped out

I don't think he'll ever play for Chelsea again. My guess is that he gets sold to Vitesse or if he impresses this year tthen o someone else next summer.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about him today. Is he even playing at Vitesse? If he does, what is his position today? Is he still capable of running through players and putting the ball in the net? Are there any news concerning him or are we just waiting for his contract to run out? He was called the wonderkid or the black zidane and it all kind of went to shit, didn't it?

• 4 weeks later...

All the hassle over him and afew years down the line...And the fact not only do some Cfc supporters not know what he is upto speaks volumes(Looks like he will play this season when not injured with Vitesse and sold like Bruma)

this could be Josh 3 years down the line

this could be Josh 3 years down the line

Josh hasn't shown any sort of improvement or determination though, he is gifted enough but doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck. If Josh is eventually sold, its his fault more than anyone elses for not being confident enough in his own ability and really kicking on when others have.