test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,770 posts in this topic
We'll probably get him back in February. 
Would be horrible if true.

I hope he is match fit around January.
But no signs for that right now. RLC himself said he is close. Lamps said he is not close haha.
I only see on Insta RLC's model career posing with Sarkozys Wife...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Would be horrible if true.

I hope he is match fit around January.
But no signs for that right now. RLC himself said he is close. Lamps said he is not close haha.
I only see on Insta RLC's model career posing with Sarkozys Wife...

He's become a part-time model now. :lol: 

Thing is when he's medically cleared, he'll probably still need to go through a mini pre-season and then need time to build up the match sharpness/fitness. We'll be lucky if he gets back to full flow again this season. 

killer1257 likes this

CHO used to do the same movements to get back. Looks Good. Hopefully he can start Training december to be back January

At this point a half fit Ruben is better than what we have on offer from Mount and Barkley. At least Ruben can defend set pieces and is a goal threat.

Just now, Jason said:

F****** SARRI FOR PLAYING HIM IN THAT FRIENDLY MATCH!!! :rant:

I don't like sarri as much as any Chelsea fan, but let's point fingers where we must - the board. To keep that match was stupid. I am sure there would have been a clause of playing first teamers otherwise no manager in their right mind would have played any one

Yeboii and Strike like this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

That is on Roman, damn though he might actually be done for the season. Just concentrate on next season and write him off this season.

4 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I don't like sarri as much as any Chelsea fan, but let's point fingers where we must - the board. To keep that match was stupid. I am sure there would have been a clause of playing first teamers otherwise no manager in their right mind would have played any one

The timing of that match wasn't great, that I agree but with Loftus-Cheek, there needs to be special care for him given his back and arguably fitness issues. Playing him on a less-than-ideal pitch condition was daft.

9 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Yeah, Sarri was so against playing that match. 

Yeboii likes this

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

RLC is my favourite youth player of all time. So gutted when he got injured. Hope he gets well soon

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

The timing of that match wasn't great, that I agree but with Loftus-Cheek, there needs to be special care for him given his back and arguably fitness issues. Playing him on a less-than-ideal pitch condition was daft.

IIRC the whole first team played. There had to be some shit deeper than sarri should not have played him. 

2 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

IIRC the whole first team played. There had to be some shit deeper than sarri should not have played him. 

First team played, just not the whole match.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/16/report--new-england-revolution-v-chelsea

It's negligence on Sarri's - and his team - part to not manage his situation better. 

30 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

The fuck up was playing in America on a dodgy pitch, a friendly had to happen somewhere though. We had a two and a half week break between the last PL game and the EL final, we needed a match in between to retain sharpness and it helped us in Baku as we were much more sharper than Arsenal especially as the match wore on.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

First team played, just not the whole match.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/16/report--new-england-revolution-v-chelsea

It's negligence on Sarri's - and his team - part to not manage his situation better. 

Weren’t the players all contracted to feature? 

I blame this on Buck. He arranged it. 

Vybz Kartel likes this

Lampard on RLC...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/04/lampard-views-on-abraham--mount-and-pulisic-after-villa-victory-

‘Ruben has had a few setbacks over the last two months. He hasn’t had a new one but it is not flying along as much as we would want and it is not for the want of trying by everybody, including Ruben himself. There is nothing worse than being injured but at the moment we are no closer to him being fit.’

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Weren’t the players all contracted to feature? 

I'm sure the first team players were expected to feature but it's daft if you can't make a 'special compensation' for Loftus-Cheek.

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I blame this on Buck. He arranged it. 

If you're gonna blame someone, it should be on Roman. As mentioned in the link above, it's him and the New England Revolution owner who decided to organize the match "to raise the profile of our Say No To Antisemitism campaign and combat all forms of discrimination".