Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Because a critical mass of our squad members are not good enough and, unlike last season, our difference makers are not papering over the cracks.

My argument is, that if this is the case, why are we not just using this platform to develop our younger players with great potential (Musonda, RLC, etc.) at the highest level? There has to be a silver lining in this chaotic situation we're in at the moment but we're just not seeing it/utilising it.

It will be a disaster if we send him out on loan.

This is the perfect time for him to gain experience. I mean, we're not competing for the title anymore and a top 4 looks unrealistic, so why not play the guy?!

There wont be a better time than now. I appreciate the work Jose has done for us and he will always have my faith and support to remain at the club but denying this talent the opportunity is just worse than our current situation.

I'd settle for a midfielder who can pass the ball (forward!) and make forward runs which may cause opponent some trouble and open up spaces for our struggling AMs.

Marek Hamík is your man mate :) we still haven't replace lampard right ffs

The comment to which I replied claimed that there is more talent in our U21 squad than in the majority of first teams everywhere. The players listed are not a part of our U21 squad. Everywhere is a big place, but if we limit it to high level football the statement still wouldn't be true even if those players were currently at Cobham.

I say this as someone who is a big fan of our development squads, who watches more development games than most I suspect, and who is a long term defender of our Academy when it has come under attack.

I'm talking about talent. A big part of talent is potential.

I'm talking about talent. A big part of talent is potential.

The post didn't say potential. I responded to what was written.

Talent is no part of potential.It's the unchanging factor. Players will develop and learn to apply their talent in advantageous ways or they won't, but talent is talent, and it's fixed. Kennedy has strengths but it won't matter a jot how many hundreds of hours he spends practising, he is never going to be Lionel Messi. Achieving your potential is about polishing what you have and learning to apply it.

We have some talented lads in the development squads and among the loan army, but, based on what I've seen, none of them is yet demanding first team minutes with their performances. For example, I love Kennedy's hustle but he lacks finesse, whereas Ruben's finesse is almost there but he lacks hustle. Combine the two and we have a player but as it stands that's not the case.

My argument is, that if this is the case, why are we not just using this platform to develop our younger players with great potential (Musonda, RLC, etc.) at the highest level? There has to be a silver lining in this chaotic situation we're in at the moment but we're just not seeing it/utilising it.

Because Jose, the club, and people are in denial.

Marek Hamík is your man mate :) we still haven't replace lampard right ffs

Sure but that's luxury! :) Pogba... even Witsel would provide vast improvement over over what we got - imo.

When I discuss Ramires (or specially Mikel) I usually point out that there are several - completely affordable and much superior - players out there.

Kondogbia (now at Inter), Sneiderling (before moving to United), Victor Wannyama (still at soton)... These are from the top of my head and I am not even including youngsters. The players I've just listed are players who will consistently maintain you a certain performance level.

BTW, RLC is so young and unfinished that we don't even know what his best position is. However! he does possess better technique than Ramires and Mikel.

Now its the perfect time for Rlc to get serious run of games. Yet Mou prefers Mikel or Ramires ahead of him because those two are "safe" options.

And yet we still lose every damn time.

So much about Mou giving chance to youth and his talk about building the future.

So much bullshit and no results one way or other, no improvement on any level and our best young players still dont get chance to play.

about 4 years ago I said on here we might as well scrap the Academy as there was not even squad players coming through. I was told to be patient as we would soon

have a number in our first team . Well still waiting . But does anyone still expect to see anyone progress from our Academy