test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,113 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

2016 and people are still forcing Matic into the starting lineup. Both he and Ramires should be phased out. RLC needs more chances in his traditional position. He clearly isn't an AM.

Do you think Oscar should be in the line up or should he be phased out for a better player?

10 hours ago, azinopik said:

Why don't try playing 'three towers' at the midfield

RLC

MATIC - MIKEL

Love to see it! despite lack of creativity as the consequence

4-3-3 with Mikel as DM and Matic and RLC as Box to Box CM's

Hazard -Costa- Willian

Matic--Mikel--RLC

40 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Yes.

Well Matic has been more consistent for us than Oscar and I find him more valuable than Oscar tbh.

1 hour ago, Atlas Lion said:

Me personally I hope he fucks off. 

Well aren't you just our most supportive fan! While I agree Oscar has been underperforming lately and arguably since we bought him, he's still a Chelsea player and not even our worst

CHOULO19 likes this

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Consider this if Oscar has been 'underperforming' since he joined the club perhaps he isn't 'underperforming' but just not up to standard? Consistently underperforming seems to be an oxymoron, maybe the player just isn't that good at all and they are playing at their level.

Just food for thought.

Exactly. There's no such thing as "consistently underperforming". :D

OhForAGreavsie likes this

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Consider this if Oscar has been 'underperforming' since he joined the club perhaps he isn't 'underperforming' but just not up to standard? Consistently underperforming seems to be an oxymoron, maybe the player just isn't that good at all and they are playing at their level.

7 hours ago, El P. said:

Exactly. There's no such thing as "consistently underperforming". :D

There is, but I get what you mean. You believe consistently underperforming means he's not underperforming, he's just performing to his (lower) level, and I get that. I just compared it to something else; I meant he's underperforming considering the price tag we paid for him or considering our expectations we have/had of him. A player *CAN* consistently underperform considering fan's expectations or his price tag, no?

Anyway, I kinda like Oscar. He's a likeable chap. And yes I'm not so happy with his performances or his lack of output. But I wouldn't tell him to fuck off, he's a Chelsea player and gets my support. Maybe he just isn't the player we thought he was, but he's still trying his best and not slacking and for that he earns my support and he should earn more than a fuck off from Atlas Lion.

El P. and Spike like this

At times against Scunthorpe he wasn't great, but he scored and also showed some nice endeavor. Can he be any worse than what is starting right now? How can it be any worse than the displays we are seeing? At what point does it become thinking of the manager to actually think "Ya know what, fuck it, he's starting" 

Essien19 and Azul like this

On 12 January 2016 at 9:28 PM, xPetrCechx said:

12512598_1130274663664183_37698667982713

Wow trained hard for nothing - loving the motivation we give our players

That picture does not tell you if RLC was working hard in training. I have always questioned his work rate and am still not sold on what he can do for us. Tremendous talent don't get me wrong but still yet to see fully what he can do. Surely if he was the guy we all seem to think he is he would be starting by now. 

As for Oscar it seems strange how he could be so good last year and so poor this year. I really think the injury set him back a few. I think he's a good player, works hard, is obviously committed to being a Chelsea player. Would like to see him a little more physical but I tend to think he's been ok. No worse than Pedro or Hazard. 

Reddish-Blue likes this

14 minutes ago, chelseamabz said:

That picture does not tell you if RLC was working hard in training. I have always questioned his work rate and am still not sold on what he can do for us. Tremendous talent don't get me wrong but still yet to see fully what he can do. Surely if he was the guy we all seem to think he is he would be starting by now. 

As for Oscar it seems strange how he could be so good last year and so poor this year. I really think the injury set him back a few. I think he's a good player, works hard, is obviously committed to being a Chelsea player. Would like to see him a little more physical but I tend to think he's been ok. No worse than Pedro or Hazard. 

If only Oscar had a bit more vision and flair to his game, he would be able to take that next step and become a consistent threat in our attack

As for RLC, it's obvious that the manager and coaching staff rate his potential but as Mourinho said in pre-season, RLC has to work harder off the ball if he wants to break through at Chelsea 

At times against Scunthorpe he wasn't great, but he scored and also showed some nice endeavor. Can he be any worse than what is starting right now? How can it be any worse than the displays we are seeing? At what point does it become thinking of the manager to actually think "Ya know what, fuck it, he's starting" 

I feel you bro. This "experience over performance" needs to stop ASAP it's killing our club.

Simply put, sad. The level of performance has been the lowest of the low from this team, and by everyone at one point or another and we still can't give him more time on the field.

It's a fucking piss take.

Essien19 likes this