Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Yes, Mourinho is planning to screw over every belgian player in his team. Next one will be Hazard. He's afraid Belgium will win the world cup, so he's already started with his destructive plans. Come'on, man, seriously... Like JM has a secret agenda to disable Belgium...?

Lukaku would've been easily 3rd choice, not playing many matches, at Everton he will be able to play every week. So looks good for his development.

Courtois would've been benched or Cech would be benched (most probably Courtois, because JM loves to play with experienced players and Cech is still very good) At Athletico Courtois can play every week in a top-team.

KDB is very good, but JM thinks others are better and KDB has proven in his last match others are better.It's still early in the year. KDB will get new chances to prove his worth. Otherwise he most likely will be loaned out, which would be good for his development.

JM does what he believes is best for Chelsea, not for the Belgian NT.

I'm not saying he's screwing them. I'm saying that they were both promised gametime when they obviously were not gonna get it. Luckily Lukaku got a last minute move. Would have been better if he moved permanently and the same counts for De Bruyne. Hazard will settle in well, I'm not afraid of that, even with the poor start he made this season. If Mourinho is still here next season, I have no doubts Cech would get preference over Courtois. I have no affinity with Chelsea like the others Belgians here. I'm just expressing my worries for Belgian NT which could cause some frustration here. Sorry about that.

Tbf, the anxiety of belgians in KDB's case is justified. He has been one of their best and most important player in qualifying and they would want him fit and raring to go for the world cup.

Given KDB had offers before this season, he has reasons to feel aggrieved.

He should show he wants to play in training and on the pitch like torres and mata

We all should be worried about clueless dealings by Jose.

One cannot avoid to see the psychological damage to Lukaku, KDB here.

Promised the mountains, ended with " thank you notes," currently we do not need you, pick your team & start packing.

change the Jose is clueless posts ..you just sound a fool or a troll

Disapointed in this, and in José's general dealings. Buying overrated players we don't need and ignoring what is right in his face. Trying to pick the easy way out.

Hope he manages to leave in the winter. José only plays expensive players, he was too cheap, he won't get a fair chance only 10 minute cameo's when the match is already lost.

I love Chelsea but Its such a pity to see such young talents progression get stumped because the trainer can't be arsed to properly guide them and give them the chances or loans they deserve.

Except Oscar everyone is playing worse then last year, gg motivating players José, gg!

Disapointed in this, and in José's general dealings. Buying overrated players we don't need and ignoring what is right in his face. Trying to pick the easy way out.

Hope he manages to leave in the winter. José only plays expensive players, he was too cheap, he won't get a fair chance only 10 minute cameo's when the match is already lost.

I love Chelsea but Its such a pity to see such young talents progression get stumped because the trainer can't be arsed to properly guide them and give them the chances or loans they deserve.

Except Oscar everyone is playing worse then last year, gg motivating players José, gg!

you have been a member for almost a year and that is your second post ,,,hope we wait that long for your next

you have been a member for almost a year and that is your second post ,,,hope we wait that long for your next

Don't feel the need to post often, nor to join many forums. But the disappointment that is the start of this season changed that.

I think José just didn't do his homework about KDB. If he did he should've known that KDB is someone who needs to play a lot of matches to get to his best. If José thought he wasn't good enough for that yet he should've granted him a loan, it's not like there wasn't any interest in that. What have we gained now, a player getting demotivated and a loss of potential money.

I know José is a god, but perhaps gods also make mistakes.

Don't feel the need to post often, nor to join many forums. But the disappointment that is the start of this season changed that.

I think José just didn't do his homework about KDB. If he did he should've known that KDB is someone who needs to play a lot of matches to get to his best. If José thought he wasn't good enough for that yet he should've granted him a loan, it's not like there wasn't any interest in that. What have we gained now, a player getting demotivated and a loss of potential money.

Jose is NOT a God to me and there are things he has done in the past which I disliked intensely but some recent posts on here calling him clueless

are beyond belief almost . You want Mourinho out ,,so who should replace him?????

The God in Jose does not make mistakes, I read.

Stupid summer dealings resulted badly for some players, I feel.

Jose is NOT a God to me and there are things he has done in the past which I disliked intensely but some recent posts on here calling him clueless

are beyond belief almost . You want Mourinho out ,,so who should replace him?????

Come on. Who wants Jose out here ? Sorry, but I have not noticed it yet.

If folks realize Jose´s arrogance in some dealings, it does not mean we want him out.

I agree with everything you said. Still, I think Chelsea is wasting his talent and he should leave as soon as he can. De Bruyne and Lukaku are both (young) players who need confidence. If you give them regular playing time they'll make mistakes but they'll learn and get better. if they can't get that at Chelsea, sell them and only play 40 million players like Hazard who are already established. Seriously, practically the entire team has been shit since the start of the season. Who really has played well? it's a short list.

I, obviously, do care for the Belgian team, which, at full strength, could probably compete easily with any of the premier league teams. Either use them or let them go. Don't ruin my only chance to celebrate a world cup. :P

In the long run, the only Belgian who'll keep playing for Chelsea will be Eden ime.

:lol: no. big, huge, fat no.

Belgium has a soft spot in my heart and if Felipão wasn't Brazil NT coach I would support Belgium and Germany next year, but you can't compare the level of the opposition you guys are facing with most teams in EPL.

The last slightly better opposition you faced recently - a very shaky France - and you couldn't handle it. And that must be the weakest French side in 20 years... in addition to the internal problems they still have not completely solved and moved on from. Croatia, Scotland (sorry, Ry), Serbia and the rest of the competition you're facing might be giving you a slightly distorted perception of where you guys really stand in the whole thing. International football is completely different from club football. Why do you think there hasn't been any surprise in WC basically since it exists? Why do you think Holland hasn't won a title yet? Spain is the closest to a newbie we have, but they had tradition in the competition even if they had never won it until 2010, and they had won a Euro and had had a few very talented and inspiring generations before. I can't exactly pinpoint what the reason is, but tradition weights a lot in WC business. When was the last time we even had a team that isn't among the traditional ones to reach a final? Looking back I can't say, I probably wasn't even born.

I understand your enthusiasm though. You have very talented players in all zones (something I suppose never happened before or at least not to this extent?), but that doesn't automatically transform you in a big name in international football and that definitely doesn't make you compete easily against the sides of the most competitive league in the world. It's literally a different league... But if a 'newbie' is to ever surprise the world and win the WC without ever being competitive on it before, then I hope with all my heart, it's Belgium next year :wub:

Now on Kevin

I read a few things here and they don't make sense to me. Honestly...

Everyone complaining that Willian took his chance away... as far as I remember Willian played two matches for us - one of which Kevin also played. So while in theory your argument is good, in reality that's not what's happening. Kevin isn't playing because of Willian. Kevin isn't playing because of Kevin and to a certain extent, André, Mata and Hazard. He just didn't show enough to displace any players in the starting eleven - not even Eden Hazard who has been anything but impressive so far.

He was very good against Hull, but that was it.

His less than remarkable match against United shouldn't be excused by the tactics or the rest of the team's performances. He - like Hazard, Oscar and André - could (and should) have shown better football and he simply didn't. Actually among the four he was the one with less contribution to the match. So if the whole team was below-par he was among the ones that did the least to change that.

Then he had his chance against Swindow and he completely wasted it. Then the excuse given here is that it was his first match in a month. Well Mata had been playing very little by then and he took the chance and did the best out of it.

What de Bruyne needs is realize that he's going to have to fight for his position here - something he didn't have to do in Genk, Bremen and in the NT. Maybe he isn't used to not being the manager's sweetheart or he is disheartened by not being selected for a match that right now is very important for us and to which we should use our best players and have in our bench players that have experience in UCL.

I'm not saying he has an attitude problem, I'm saying he's facing something he hasn't yet in his senior career. The fact that he isn't used to being benched is an opportunity for him to grow and learn how to deal with it. I hope he accepts it and fights for his position rather than lose motivation and sink.

Also we've played what - 9 official matches this season? Did he or didn't he take part of one third of that?

Every single match will have one of our AM not selected to be even in the bench. So we should stop reacting every time one of them isn't. There's only 18 players that can be selected, 6 of which in the bench. We have 3 AMs spots in the starting eleven and 6 guys for the position. It's simple math and common sense to say we won't use 50% of the spots in our bench to cover only one of the FIVE positions we have (goalie, defense, pivot, midfield and forwarders).

He will continue to have chances - but the amount may be directly proportional to what he's been showing not only in matches he does have a chance to play, but also in the training sessions.

IMO reason he's with the U-21 team now is so that Mourinho and his team can concentrate in the tactics and preparations for tomorrow's match. It's better for his physical condition to train with the u-21 rather than not training at all. We lost a home match in UCL and no matter how weak our group is we now have to focus in the away matches to make up for that loss and prepare to them much better - especially against the supposedly weakest side in the group. Mourinho is closing up the group that will take part tomorrow. In Brazil we call it Concentração (concentration) and that's pretty intense and focused (sometimes the players even travel somewhere and are full time with the managers, not even going to their houses after the training, but remaining together in a hotel) and it's a common thing to be done ahead of really important matches or when a team is going through a bad patch. While I don't think we'll be isolating players from their routine - it'd be an overreaction - I do believe Mourinho wants to work with the 18 players he's going to use or at most with the ones he isn't sure will be or not part of the 18. Clearly he already knows Kevin isn't part of those 18. And I actually agree he shouldn't be selected for tomorrow - but I expect him to take part of the Norwich match, maybe even starting it.