Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Lampard is already a legend, and we just won the CL that was highly desired. If we could cash in on him, then why not?

I'm all for him leaving to the sates if he is happier getting more minutes on the pitch, but "cashing in on him" doesn't sit too well with me tbh. You don't just put a price on legends, if he goes it should be by mutual agreement to end or not renew his contract like with DD.

Lampard is already a legend, and we just won the CL that was highly desired. If we could cash in on him, then why not?

Cashing in on him is the wrong wording comletely, he has paid back everything he has earn't fro, this club 50 times over, and there is no way we should be "cashing in on him". If lampard wants to go, for his own personal reasons then i will be upset with it but that is his decision and wont change the fact he is my facourite player in the world, and if he stays it will be amazing. People seem to often forget that although he may be 34, he hasn't exactly gone bad all of a sudden. He was still our leading goalscorer (Yes he takes penalties), despite reducing his minutes and has a huge role to play for us. Also with drogba gone he is our best right footed dead ball taker, (mata being the obvious left footed option). If he can score 16 goals a season at vital times and make an impact off the bench he can be here til he is 40. :) Although i would let him play if he was 60, but then i am slightly biased.

Chelsea+v+Wigan+Athletic+Premier+League+61doR2Joh7_l.jpg

Lampard can still be a reliable use. He still has his class, not much of it in the CAM area anymore but he has been quality in the Defensive midfield duo partnership. He can still offer allot to this club and with him gone this summer, Chelsea would miss his service dearly. If one player that i would love for to retire at Chelsea it would be frank, closely followed by Terry.

He is this club's greatest player in history, you cannot put a price on him.

What does being a legend have to do with retiering in Chelsea? Is Drogba less of a legend for leaving?

No..

But then again, the Lampard case is VERY different. A pre-roman era player (2001-), a man who has surpassed Zola as the greatest Chelsea player ever. When we look back in 20 years time, we want to see a 'clean' C.V, i.e.. only us & west ham, not some random nomark MLS team. AC Milan fans would have a seizure if Maldini ended his career like that, we should feel the same way about Lamps & JT.

No..

But then again, the Lampard case is VERY different. A pre-roman era player (2001-), a man who has surpassed Zola as the greatest Chelsea player ever. When we look back in 20 years time, we want to see a 'clean' C.V, i.e.. only us & west ham, not some random nomark MLS team. AC Milan fans would have a seizure if Maldini ended his career like that, we should feel the same way about Lamps & JT.

But very few players can retire in their "home club" especially at a top club like Chelsea. Even the legend and the greatest cult hero, Del Piero couldn't end his career at Juve.

Del Piero left Juve at what age though?

Lamps has plenty to offer still, why should we "cash in" on him?

Quite disgusted here.

No one is saying that Lamps should leave now, or that we should "cash in" on him. But Frank has said on numerous occasions that he would like to do a "Gigs", in that case, I really can't see him playing here at the age of 37.

All I'm saying is that when he can offer nothing more to the club and he still wants to play, it would be best to end his contract with mutual agreement so he can play elsewhere.

I follow the Galaxy a little because it's my hometown MLS team. The Galaxy already have 3 DPs which they use for higher salaries, ie Beckham. Each team only has 3 so there's no way they could pay Frank unless they dump one of the 3 DPs, maybe Keane. The average MLS salary is 5 figures unless you're a DP.

I follow the Galaxy a little because it's my hometown MLS team. The Galaxy already have 3 DPs which they use for higher salaries, ie Beckham. Each team only has 3 so there's no way they could pay Frank unless they dump one of the 3 DPs, maybe Keane. The average MLS salary is 5 figures unless you're a DP.

Lamps to San Jose...Your heard it here first. Also Tortilla9, the gals are the 'quakes BEETCHESS!!! Bow down to Nor Cal!!!

I'm trying to see Frank and Christine in San Jose and can't see it happening. Does San Jose have papparazzi (sp?)?

Regarding Galaxy and San Jose, barking up the wrong tree here. I don't have enough invested in it to fight this one. I go to maybe one game a year primarily because the daughter loves Beckham. Never been a big Donovan fan and Robbie Keane.... please.

On that note, what the hell was wrong with Becks last week? It definitely appeared his panties were in a bunch over the GB snub and he took it out on the field.

On that note, what the hell was wrong with Becks last week? It definitely appeared his panties were in a bunch over the GB snub and he took it out on the field.

Its a Nor Cal vs So Cal thing. I am sure that the fans were pissing off Becks & the GB thing was on his mind. Then the gals lose to the 'quakes??? I am sure it was too much for him to handle & he snapped in extra time :D I will give him props on that goal. That was an excellent taken free kick & the technique was superb.