Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

i thought about that. but WHO is the most important thing here. i am actually out of names. lewandowski is gone. cavani and falcao would cost a fortune and i doubt they would want to move after 6 months. to be honest, i am not very impressed with costa and his release clause of 38mil makes it an even more no-no for me.

so the point becomes WHO.

Despie denials, dont rule out Jackson Martinez. Diego Costa possible.

Mehdi Benatia is an absolute beast! A fucking rock at the back, that Benatia - Castan partnership is unplayable. I just hope Jose keeps tabs on them, Benatia is a must in the summer if he keeps playing like this. I'd definitely think about him (amongst others) when it comes to JT's replacement.

Mehdi Benatia is an absolute beast! A fucking rock at the back, that Benatia - Castan partnership is unplayable. I just hope Jose keeps tabs on them, Benatia is a must in the summer if he keeps playing like this. I'd definitely think about him (amongst others) when it comes to JT's replacement.

Yeah Benatia is probably the best 'available' CB atm.

This is what I reckon is happening, bear with... :rolleyes:

I think coming into this window and with the losses announced, Mourinho mandate for the window was "sell before you buy." I genuinely think Mourinho anticipated only Essien and De Bruyne leaving, therefore knowing he needed to bring in a midfielder as oppose to a striker [hence the 100% not a striker comment] when asked if we would sign one. Therefore, soon as he knew de bruyne leaving was likely, and the bids and enquiries started being received, he made the move to sign Guarin, even confirmed by Inter, Guarin's greediness scuppering the deal. Perhaps at this point things became obvious that Matic wanted to return to the Premier League and Chelsea, and knowing how much de bruyne was leaving for, we offered a lower sum knowing Matic would push for the deal, resulting in us signing him for 25m euros, barely anything more than De Bruyne went for. [give or take 3-4m.]

Mourinho, knowing the £300m Adidas deal releases some extra funds to him in the summer maybe along with a decent budget off Roman, then declares that in the summer window we will make '3-4 clinical blockbuster signings' [may have been 2-3 forgotten.] This is why I believe he said he will wait until the summer to purchase a striker, because after selling De Bruyne, he has no funds and did not expect any further sales. So the strikers he wanted, examples Costa, Cavani, Falcao, Rooney etc were shotlisted for summer. However, now with Mata going [if true] and knowing the dissent it may cause among fans, he is worshipped after all, Mourinho knows the fans will want something in return to soften the blow, plus, he is £40m closer to being able to get one of these in now.

I could be miles wrong, but I think the temptation to bring in one of these forwards, or even Luke Shaw, may prove too much.

To clarify, IMO, De Bruyne sale paid for Matic, plus a few million which we knew wouldn't hurt FFP. Mata going pays for someone inwards, no idea who though

a few rumours ,,, A Madrid willing to pay Chelsea ANY amount for Courtois

A Madrid try to derail Man utd bid for Mata by offereing Man u Costa ,,

Chelsea and R Madrid bid 250 million for Messi.

and these are all from "reputable press reports"

If we sell Mata either this window or in summer, I hope we go for Barkley in summer. He can play box-to-box in 4-3-3 formation or can play as CAM. He will get plenty of opportunity and will be Lampard's successor.

If Mata goes then another attacker has to come in but whom?There aint many options available right now.

attacker as in someone to play in the 3 behind striker? It wont be one of them. Because we'll be back to square 1, we sign a new AM and one of hazard, oscar or willian will struggle to get in, or even the new signing himself.

IF we are going to reinvest the £37m or whatever, much as id love it to be a striker, having thought about it i think itll be either shaw o zouma in

attacker as in someone to play in the 3 behind striker? It wont be one of them. Because we'll be back to square 1, we sign a new AM and one of hazard, oscar or willian will struggle to get in, or even the new signing himself.

IF we are going to reinvest the £37m or whatever, much as id love it to be a striker, having thought about it i think itll be either shaw o zouma in

Never said we should sign another CAM,We however should be after a right winger.