Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Wonder what happens if a big club like Arsenal or United come in with a bid this window. Him and his massive ego and ambition surely wouldn't say no? After seeing Rooney stink it up in their first two matches I wouldn't be surprised if they went for him.

Problem is that he's so wildly inconsistent and not up for fighting when things don't go his way. Before this game I think I heard that he'd scored 4 goals in the last 22 games he's played for a team that is entirely geared towards him scoring.

On his day yes, he's brilliant but those days or just so few and far between and unless he changes that he'll never be a top player.

What we have to remember is this is not an established 27 year old striker we are talking about. We are talking about a striker who just turned 22 a couple months ago. There are many top strikers who probably were inconsistent or no way near the same level at the same age. He has got years ahead of him to improve and turn into a complete machine.

What we have to remember is this is not an established 27 year old striker we are talking about. We are talking about a striker who just turned 22 a couple months ago. There are many top strikers who probably were inconsistent or no way near the same level at the same age. He has got years ahead of him to improve and turn into a complete machine.

That is because Lukaku is a tank and physically developed like no others. Many strikers take years to physically develop, so naturally they get better and better. Lukaku will not have the same progression as other strikers. He is technically limited, and will not get much better.

Lukaku we should regard him as a 28 year old since his progression will be as low as 28 year old striker.

That is because Lukaku is a tank and physically developed like no others. Many strikers take years to physically develop, so naturally they get better and better. Lukaku will not have the same progression as other strikers. He is technically limited, and will not get much better.

Lukaku we should regard him as a 28 year old since his progression will be as low as 28 year old striker.

Drogba is built like a tank. Maybe not as big as Lukaku but very muscular. He was no way near the same level at the same age. Benteke too. It is not simply size that has got Lukaku where he is now. It is obviously an advantage but I disagree with you that he will not get much better. I think he will get a lot better and in a few years think he will be leading the line for one of the bigger clubs in Europe. May even be us, who knows.

Indeed. That's why I said unless he changes. If he does then he could well be one of the best in the world, we'll have to wait and see.

Me personally I don't think he'll ever get there because of his horrible attitude, but that's just me.

Technically he will not get much better anymore probably, but he'll get smarter in how he plays. Playing to his strengths...

Also 4 goals in 22 matches? Weird. He became the Europa Cup top scorer in March, were there 22 matches after that? Let's not forget Everton's whole team had a dismal year last season...

Wonder what happens if a big club like Arsenal or United come in with a bid this window. Him and his massive ego and ambition surely wouldn't say no? After seeing Rooney stink it up in their first two matches I wouldn't be surprised if they went for him.

he seems to stay at a club longer than some managers :halo:

Indeed. That's why I said unless he changes. If he does then he could well be one of the best in the world, we'll have to wait and see.

Me personally I don't think he'll ever get there because of his horrible attitude, but that's just me.

Why do you think he has a horrible attitude? He just is ambitious and maybe speaks a bit too soon. How does that affect his football ability though?

Drogba is built like a tank. Maybe not as big as Lukaku but very muscular. He was no way near the same level at the same age. Benteke too. It is not simply size that has got Lukaku where he is now. It is obviously an advantage but I disagree with you that he will not get much better. I think he will get a lot better and in a few years think he will be leading the line for one of the bigger clubs in Europe. May even be us, who knows.

Drogba is a late bloomer and outlier tbh. He pickup football much later then most kids. So that is different, and i haven't seen anyone like Drogba, never seen a player develop technically so much throughout his career like him. Drogba incredibly intelligent footballer tbh, unlike Lukaku. Benteke is on par or even better then Lukaku, i don't rate him highly either.

Maybe he will be leading a top club, so is Giroud so that doesn't say much.

Honestly mate you will not change my mind i have made this conclusion on Lukaku years ago and nothing he has done to change my perception. We shell see.

Drogba is a late bloomer and outlier tbh. He pickup football much later then most kids. So that is different, and i haven't seen anyone like Drogba, never seen a player develop technically so much throughout his career like him. Drogba incredibly intelligent footballer tbh, unlike Lukaku. Benteke is on par or even better then Lukaku, i don't rate him highly either.

Honestly mate you will not change my mind i have made this conclusion on Lukaku years ago and nothing he has done to change my perception. We shell see.

I rate Benteke and Lukaku very highly. The thing is Lukaku is technically limited but I think he is capable of scoring over 20 goals a season. He does that and he is fine. Yeah, Giroud is leading a top club but he has never got 20 goals in a season for Arsenal. I think if Lukaku gets picked up by a big club, it will be because he has scored way too much for Everton and can see him doing much better for Arsenal than Giroud if he was there. You can mention size but how many players his size has scored the goals he has at the same age? Not much.

P.S his hold up play with back to goal has really improved based on this season alone. Was his excellent hold up play that got Everton the equalizer against Watford last week and his link up/ hold up play this match has been fantastic. All round fantastic game.

wonderful thing BLIND prejudice but dont call it perception .. and the fact You dont rate him highly ,,,,,welll

Why do you think he has a horrible attitude? He just is ambitious and maybe speaks a bit too soon. How does that affect his football ability though?

Ambitious? He left Chelsea where he could've competed with Torres and Eto'o (and almost certainly got a starting spot) to go to Everton.

He called himself the complete striker when he is anything but that. That to me screams arrogance and that he believes that he doesn't need to get any better by calling himself "complete". That's why his attitude will hold him back IMO.

Ambitious? He left Chelsea where he could've competed with Torres and Eto'o (and almost certainly got a starting spot) to go to Everton.

He called himself the complete striker when he is anything but that. That to me screams arrogance and that he believes that he doesn't need to get any better by calling himself "complete". That's why his attitude will hold him back IMO.

perhaps he should just have called Himself " THe Special One " does that only whisper arrogance

No. He left because he was not going to be given a realistic chance up front. You can call that arrogance or being a coward but I think that shows ambition. He wants to play and prove himself rather than just take the weekly wages and sit back on the bench. Ibra is very arrogant but does that affect his ability? No. Lukaku has some arrogance but that is not going to get in the way of his football ability. He is inconsistent but that does not link to his attitude. He lives and breathes football and is always striving to improve.

perhaps he should just have called Himself " THe Special One " does that only whisper arrogance

Unsurprising that you decide to bring your Mourinho bashing into this.

Mourinho was incredibly arrogant and called himself "The Special One". He also said that he was going to win the league with a club that hadn't for 50 years. And what did he do? Won the league twice in a row with that club and set a ridiculous amount of records. It's not arrogance if you back it up. Mourinho backed it up, Lukaku most definitely has not as of now.

No. He left because he was not going to be given a realistic chance up front. You can call that arrogance or being a coward but I think that shows ambition. He wants to play and prove himself rather than just take the weekly wages and sit back on the bench. Ibra is very arrogant but does that affect his ability? No. Lukaku has some arrogance but that is not going to get in the way of his football ability. He is inconsistent but that does not link to his attitude. He lives and breathes football and is always striving to improve.

If you're arrogant you better be an incredible player. Ibra is, Lukaku most certainly is not. I agree he didn't want to sit on the bench. So fight for the games at Chelsea, don't just run away from the challenge.

Regarding why I think his attitude will hinder him; i've already answered that in my previous post, not going to repeat myself. Also, remember that I said IMO, i'm not claiming that his attitude stinks as a fact, just in my opinion. I have no idea what he's like in person, neither does anyone else on this forum, we're just judging from the evidence that we've been given. And from the evidence I have arrived at my own conclusions and you yours.

We'll have wait and see if he ever fulfills the potential he has. My opinion is he won't and yours is quite clearly that he will. Let's wait and see.

If you're arrogant you better be an incredible player. Ibra is, Lukaku most certainly is not. I agree he didn't want to sit on the bench. So fight for the games at Chelsea, don't just run away from the challenge.

Regarding why I think his attitude will hinder him; i've already answered that in my previous post, not going to repeat myself. Also, remember that I said IMO, i'm not claiming that his attitude stinks as a fact, just in my opinion. I have no idea what he's like in person, neither does anyone else on this forum, we're just judging from the evidence that we've been given. And from the evidence I have arrived at my own conclusions and you yours.

We'll have wait and see if he ever fulfills the potential he has. My opinion is he won't and yours is quite clearly that he will. Let's wait and see.

some of our Belgian fans DO actually know him .

Lukaku is a good player. Not even Ibra was complete at 22 years of age. While he has been inconsistent, Lukaku can be very proud of what he has achieved at the age of 22. So you want him to fight for his place like Remy did yeah? While me and us fellow Chelsea fans are delighted, what else did he need to do to get more starts? He fought for his place and will always remain a back up player. Is he ambitious or has a lack of ambition? You see how there are different interpretations to it?

Remy is complete proof of why Lukaku was right to leave. He was always going to be a back up player and he done the right thing in going to a good team, albeit infeiror where he would play. Because eventually a big club will come in for him and guarantee him a big role. Remy got limited chances despite doing well in those limited apperances/starts and you really think Lukaku had a legit chance of fighting to be no.1. Never was going to happen, LOL.