Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I don't know why.. He has been been mid-lower table quality

Other than the top 6 or 7 teams, Torres would walk into any team in the Premier League. He's not Chelsea class, but to call him a Championship player is a rather large over exaggeration

Other than the top 6 or 7 teams, Torres would walk into any team in the Premier League. He's not Chelsea class, but to call him a Championship player is a rather large over exaggeration

I just hope he finds his 'masked' form. I think he was rather good then. But I do fear his (psychological) inconsistency prevails over the 'Zorres'.

Time will tell.

I meant I don't know why he said that, my bad

Which is still ridiculously bad.

Which is still ridiculously bad.

Not really. Just because we strive to have the best players at our club doesn't mean that clubs outside the top 6-7 only employ "ridiculously bad" players

Benteke

Michu

Baines Fellaini

Pienaar

Begovic

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Remy

Lovren

Shaw

Ramirez

There is just a short list of players outside of the top 6-7 clubs that you could never class as "ridiculously bad" I'm sure there is plenty more

Not really. Just because we strive to have the best players at our club doesn't mean that clubs outside the top 6-7 only employ "ridiculously bad" players

Benteke

Michu

Baines Fellaini

Pienaar

Begovic

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Remy

Lovren

Shaw

Ramirez

There is just a short list of players outside of the top 6-7 clubs that you could never class as "ridiculously bad" I'm sure there is plenty more

You're not getting me at all. I'm not saying that everyone outside the top 6/7 clubs is a ridiculously bad player.

A club like Chelsea shouldn't be having a striker that's just good enough for only the clubs outside the top 6/7 clubs in the league. Most strikers in the top 6/7 clubs absolutely crap on Torres. You're acting like its a good thing that Torres isn't even good enough to be a striker for a top 6/7 team.

I stopped reading at this point

What type of teams do most of his goals come against - Genk(2); Nordsjaelland(2); Monteray; QPR(3); Wolves; Leicester(2); Reading; Leeds; Brentford

So out of his 34 goals - 14 were against teams that are Championship level or were going down to the Championship.

Out of 133 matches he has 34 goals. If that's not the statistics of a Championship level striker whose found himself in the Premiership by mistake I don't know what is - I'd expect such statistics from Di Santo.

I came to the Lukaku thread and every player but Lukaku is being discussed here...

what do we discuss. he has done more in his 20 minutes of substitute appearances and pre-season matches than torres and ba did the whole last season and still he is on the bench.

You're not getting me at all. I'm not saying that everyone outside the top 6/7 clubs is a ridiculously bad player.

A club like Chelsea shouldn't be having a striker that's just good enough for only the clubs outside the top 6/7 clubs in the league. Most strikers in the top 6/7 clubs absolutely crap on Torres. You're acting like its a good thing that Torres isn't even good enough to be a striker for a top 6/7 team.

Fair enough, I've picked you up wrong. FWIW I'm not saying it's a good thing that Torres is as bad as he is. He's definitely not as bad as he's being made out to be though. He has proved that he can do it on the best stage, he just can't do it any more. He's a total confidence player, and he's not had any confidence since about 2 years ago. Unfortunately for Torres, a confidence player isn't a luxury that we can afford. He'd do really well at a club like West Brom or Everton, he might even find his old form. It's a shame because at his best, at times he was unplayable, he'll never recapture that IMO though :(

what do we discuss. he has done more in his 20 minutes of substitute appearances and pre-season matches than torres and ba did the whole last season and still he is on the bench.

I do have to say, seing Torres coming on against United and not Lukaku made me feel both angry and upset.

There is NOTHING that Torres adds that Schurrle for instances doesnt. Lukaku however, does.

The kneejerk reaction's to him not coming on last night is getting beyond annoying.

I'm saying he should've come on yesterday because he would've offered more than Torres, I'm very certain of that.

However I agree that the knee jerk reactions about him going out on loan and stuff are over the top.

Feck me some of you are over-reacting just a little bit, let's not forget he is 20 years old, he is going to be a great player for us i have no doubt about that, just not yet.

Lukaku is in a similar position to what RVP was in 2004, very talented young player who has a great future, but he just isn't ready to be #1 at a club with design's on winning the title.

That comparison is fine until you consider RVP had Theirry Henry in front of him.