Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Not ready for 5 years????

And then for 5 years rely on Torres and Sturridge???

Insanity, which is why I want another striker/winger to help give us that extra number.

I wonder if Moses can be the one to do that, giving that we might not get Hulk now.

He's saying Lukaku's got a lot of room for development not that he won't be ready for another 5 years.

Two good goals too. People should honestly stop comparing Lukaku to Drogba - especially this early in the former's career.

Fucking this!

If anything he plays more like Torres, in that he seems to want to play on the shoulder of defenders and requires balls to be fed past the defense for him to latch on to.

Moral is, Lukaku is not fucking Drogba, he is Lukaku and his own man.

He's saying Lukaku's got a lot of room for development not that he won't be ready for another 5 years.

And that's good, he can get room for development via some loan.

In the meantime Chelsea challenging for many tittles, should not have to count on only two strikers!

Not ready for 5 years????

And then for 5 years rely on Torres and Sturridge???

Insanity, which is why I want another striker/winger to help give us that extra number.

I wonder if Moses can be the one to do that, giving that we might not get Hulk now.

I was simply stating that he will reach his peak in a few years, doesn't mean he will be bad up to there, but hopefully improving and should hopefully be very good.

I personally don't see the problem in loaning him to a Premiership side.

1) he gets experience

2) any goals he scores hurt our opposition

3) he won't play against us in loaned team, potentially making them weaker

I honestly cannot see a downside? Happy to be proved wrong tho :)

I see your point however the problem is that we only have 3 strikers and loaning him would mean we need a new striker, which could put him further down the pecking order.. Experience would be good for him though so if we were to get cavani then he would have to be loaned i think as probably wouldn't get much of a chance behind them 2 and potentially sturridge.

I personally don't see the problem in loaning him to a Premiership side.

1) he gets experience

2) any goals he scores hurt our opposition

3) he won't play against us in loaned team, potentially making them weaker

I honestly cannot see a downside? Happy to be proved wrong tho :)

A downside is that if he goes on loan, we'll only have two strikers left on the team, and neither of them has played well for us recently, and both are quite prone to injuries. That means we may have to sign a new forward, and I'm fine with that as long as we don't permanently land an expensive, top-class forward, but we'll definitely do that if we ever decide to get a new forward. At this stage, I think that would be a really wasteful thing to do because it will possibly demotivate Torres and stall the development of both Lukaku and Sturridge. But I still want Lukaku to go on loan because he really needs to improve on a lot of things before he can become a reliable option for us.

I was simply stating that he will reach his peak in a few years, doesn't mean he will be bad up to there, but hopefully improving and should hopefully be very good.

I see your point however the problem is that we only have 3 strikers and loaning him would mean we need a new striker, which could put him further down the pecking order.. Experience would be good for him though so if we were to get cavani then he would have to be loaned i think as probably wouldn't get much of a chance behind them 2 and potentially sturridge.

I think we should get another older experienced striker, I would have Berbatov in a flash, hell I would even consider Owen on a pay for play deal...

Lukaku needs a year in the prem, and this would be better achieved outside of Chelsea.

I think we should get another older experienced striker, I would have Berbatov in a flash, hell I would even consider Owen on a pay for play deal...

Lukaku needs a year in the prem, and this would be better achieved outside of Chelsea.

NOooo, not berbatov or owen... please :cry: , i would rather have victor moses tbh, or schurle for around 12 mil, if we were going to bring in a more experienced cheaper striker, though apparently they want 20, or declined 20

NOooo, not berbatov or owen... please :cry: , i would rather have victor moses tbh, or schurle for around 12 mil, if we were going to bring in a more experienced cheaper striker, though apparently they want 20, or declined 20

That's my point we don't want to pay too much for somebody with a limited job to do, that's why I was happy for Maicon at 8mil for a few seasons, although watching Hutchinson last night, I would start with him the boy is immense!

Anyway, back to strikers - we just need a good goal scorer, cheapest for a few seasons - Cavani will be 35 mill and then it's either him or Torres 50 mil on the bench...

If Torres fails to deliver, then yes we need a new prominent signing, but just feel our attacking 3 need a genuine poacher/goal scorer.

Happy for suggestions / alternatives though

P.S. I do think Torres will come good, he's in the best form for some time.

That's my point we don't want to pay too much for somebody with a limited job to do, that's why I was happy for Maicon at 8mil for a few seasons, although watching Hutchinson last night, I would start with him the boy is immense!

Anyway, back to strikers - we just need a good goal scorer, cheapest for a few seasons - Cavani will be 35 mill and then it's either him or Torres 50 mil on the bench...

If Torres fails to deliver, then yes we need a new prominent signing, but just feel our attacking 3 need a genuine poacher/goal scorer.

Happy for suggestions / alternatives though

P.S. I do think Torres will come good, he's in the best form for some time.

True, i want to give torres another season, with him knowing he is our number 1 striker, also our supply line is greater than ever and they should be able to set up a lot of goals and in many cases such as hazard to score a fare few as well. Add lampards 15 goals a season :worship::) then if torres can pitch in 20 or so goals then we are on the right track.

We can always get Heskey! :Goober:

To be honest, if we can't get Moses, I rather go for Ba.

Good enough to start, but not a big stars that will kill Torres, Sturridge or any harmony we want to have in the team.

We can always get Heskey! :Goober:

To be honest, if we can't get Moses, I rather go for Ba.

Good enough to start, but not a big stars that will kill Torres, Sturridge or any harmony we want to have in the team.

Yes good shout. Would fill a role as a backup striker, has experiece in the premier league obviously and has a 7 mil buy out clause. Yes he went a bit missing towards the end of last season for newcastle, though papiss cisse's arrival pushed him to play in a position which he wasn't exactly suited to.

After watching the game I would be devastated if Lukaku got sent on a loan. Id rather that we dont sign a CF and go with Torres/Sturridge/Lukaku. In my opinion anything else is a waste of both talent, potential and money.

Well he has a few more games to convince :)

His first touch and link up play was not great, finishing was superb though.

I also hope he can do it, but if he can't let's get him out on loan and after 30-40 games he should be a much better prospect or us next year.

Well he has a few more games to convince :)

His first touch and link up play was not great, finishing was superb though.

I also hope he can do it, but if he can't let's get him out on loan and after 30-40 games he should be a much better prospect or us next year.

And by that time, we will have another striker who will probably have really settled in and Lukaku wont get any playtime.

After watching the game I would be devastated if Lukaku got sent on a loan. Id rather that we dont sign a CF and go with Torres/Sturridge/Lukaku. In my opinion anything else is a waste of both talent, potential and money.

You said it all really :clap:

And by that time, we will have another striker who will probably have really settled in and Lukaku wont get any playtime.

Not if we get a 1 season wonder - ageing CF with 1 or 2 campaigns left...

I'm keeping everything crossed though that Lukaku impresses again in the next game