And that's why we love Salomon Kalou

Nice article, as usual Alex. Although I would disagree with the premise as I neither love him nor hate him (closer to love than hate though). ;)

On his day, one of the most effective players in the squad, brilliant workrate and attitude. That little tantrum against spuds is the only one I can remember

in his time here, which is incredible considering he's been on the bench for most of that 5 years. When he plays he's always involved and never anonymous.

But I agree that he probably wouldn't get into any other team in the top six, let alone the top four. From his erratic touch to his poor decision making, he remains

an enigma. If he could sort out certain parts of his game he could be exceptional though.

Watched Kalou for years and did not understand what he brought to the side until the match at Bloomfield Road. After he came in, the crispness, speed and precision of the side magically returned, while he ran across every inch of the pitch. Bringing him in changed the complexion of the match and arguably the season. I grew to respect him more after that.

Some Chelsea fans, therefore, are incredibly ignorant.

Behave Alex :lol:

A good article to defend him. Not a fan of his by far, but can appreciate the stuff he has done for us that has mattered. It's just a shame there's such few cases of them compared to the not so good.

Oh, its this topic again.

25 years old, 5 years at the club, 220 games - he's had his chance and opportunities and on the whole hasn't taken them. He's an impact player, and its no coincidence that 90% of Chelsea fans prioritise signing two quality wingers this summer.

What other clubs in this league would take Kalou? Certainly not the rest of the top four.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And that's what the entire article is vindicating...

And 90% of Chelsea fans are happy with him being here as a substitute. They just don't want him to be anymore than that.

We credit him for Watford away, Spurs in the cup, the cross at Anfield, the Stoke hatrick, Everton away this year. But thats about all, and theres certainly enough for him to be considered anymore than what he is anytime soon.

I just don't particularly see the point of your article. He is what he is, and he gets the credit for that.

That's fair enough. Although its quite clear at the point of the article - its an argument against the people who want him to leave in the summer. I'm preaching his value as an impact player... I thought that was obvious enough, personally.

Nice article, as usual Alex. Although I would disagree with the premise as I neither love him nor hate him (closer to love than hate though). ;)

On his day, one of the most effective players in the squad, brilliant workrate and attitude. That little tantrum against spuds is the only one I can remember

in his time here, which is incredible considering he's been on the bench for most of that 5 years. When he plays he's always involved and never anonymous.

But I agree that he probably wouldn't get into any other team in the top six, let alone the top four. From his erratic touch to his poor decision making, he remains

an enigma. If he could sort out certain parts of his game he could be exceptional though.

Watched Kalou for years and did not understand what he brought to the side until the match at Bloomfield Road. After he came in, the crispness, speed and precision of the side magically returned, while he ran across every inch of the pitch. Bringing him in changed the complexion of the match and arguably the season. I grew to respect him more after that.

Absolutely agreed!

Great article Alex and I have to say that I completely agree with you mate. Kalou perhaps isn't an amazing player, but he always works hard, listens to his coach and tries to do his best, and that's what I respect the most about players.

Kalou , Anelka , Malouda and Zhirkov shouldn't be part of our plans next summer , they are all shitty wingers and i would trade them with nzogbia and rodallega of wigan in a the blink of an eye .

I don't care how many goals he has scored as long as he sucks at doing his main task as a winger and that's beating opponents , be creative and make things happen , be useful and quick on the counter-attack and create scoring chances for our forwards .

Unfortunately Kalou isn't creative at all , he can't make things happen , he doesn't have the ability to beat a defender and even his scoring abilities is not that great for me and between him , anelka , malouda and zhirkov i can't decide which one makes our play more slow and indirect.

Before praising kalou , please make a list of the EPL teams that will have kalou in their starting line up and you will know that he is not even close to being a chelsea quality player . as out of 20 EPL teams he would make it only into 6 or 7 teams in my opinion and all of them are relegation teams btw .

Whenever Salomon Kalou has scored in an away match, Chelsea have never lost!

I think Kalou is a really good and young player. But when he performs badly, he REALLY performs badly!!

Kalou's hat-trick against Stoke :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_LlOSNL63k&feature=related

Oh, its this topic again.

25 years old, 5 years at the club, 220 games - he's had his chance and opportunities and on the whole hasn't taken them. He's an impact player, and its no coincidence that 90% of Chelsea fans prioritise signing two quality wingers this summer.

What other clubs in this league would take Kalou? Certainly not the rest of the top four.

I dont want them to. This season, Kalou has most goals by minutes ratio. You cant have all 4 top strikers. Kalou is the best impact sub in the league and I consider him as an asset more than a liability to us.

Yes he is wasteful when he starts but we all know the impact he brings on as a sub is second to none.

The frustration comes from the potential he has which he does not fulfill when he starts. He gets in such good positions but wastes his chances. People call him shit, but he is that only when he starts. when he comes on as a sub he is a million miles better player.

Kalou , Anelka , Malouda and Zhirkov shouldn't be part of our plans next summer , they are all shitty wingers and i would trade them with nzogbia and rodallega of wigan in a the blink of an eye .

I don't care how many goals he has scored as long as he sucks at doing his main task as a winger and that's beating opponents , be creative and make things happen , be useful and quick on the counter-attack and create scoring chances for our forwards .

Unfortunately Kalou isn't creative at all , he can't make things happen , he doesn't have the ability to beat a defender and even his scoring abilities is not that great for me and between him , anelka , malouda and zhirkov i can't decide which one makes our play more slow and indirect.

Before praising kalou , please make a list of the EPL teams that will have kalou in their starting line up and you will know that he is not even close to being a chelsea quality player . as out of 20 EPL teams he would make it only into 6 or 7 teams in my opinion and all of them are relegation teams btw .

suggest you read the post below yours from Warnie

That's fair enough. Although its quite clear at the point of the article - its an argument against the people who want him to leave in the summer. I'm preaching his value as an impact player... I thought that was obvious enough, personally.

I don't think many do want him to leave. They want him to remain an impact player, coming off the bench. I think the only person that doesn't see Kalou as that, is Kalou. Which, maybe, is why he should be leaving. There's players who have made entire careers from being 'impact' players and there shouldn't be any shame in that. He could go elsewhere, play every week, but not challenge for trophies.

But Alex, I enjoy alot of your articles, and alot of the time, you've got some real talent for doing so. But this ent one of them, and calling Chelsea fans 'ignorant' for their dislike of Kalou isn't your only ridiculous comment.

I don't think many do want him to leave. They want him to remain an impact player, coming off the bench. I think the only person that doesn't see Kalou as that, is Kalou. Which, maybe, is why he should be leaving. There's players who have made entire careers from being 'impact' players and there shouldn't be any shame in that. He could go elsewhere, play every week, but not challenge for trophies.

But Alex, I enjoy alot of your articles, and alot of the time, you've got some real talent for doing so. But this ent one of them, and calling Chelsea fans 'ignorant' for their dislike of Kalou isn't your only ridiculous comment.

Each to their own, it is my opinion afterall. :carlo:

Thanks for the criticism though, I appreciate people challenging my arguments instead of just posting useless bollocks for the sake of it.

Each to their own, it is my opinion afterall. :carlo:

Thanks for the criticism though, I appreciate people challenging my arguments instead of just posting useless bollocks for the sake of it.

One of my favourite things about football is that whoever you are, whoever you support, wherever you are from - you can sit, watch, talk and have an opinion. Like you say, each to their own. And i'm pretty sure, for as long as Kalou is with us he will divide opinion.

Kalou has done amazing things for the club and sometimes i've really loved him for it, but he's not constant, fair enough it would be okay if he was average then good, but he's either good or shit. That goal against Inter is one by him what i can never forget, off the pitch he has done amazing things i know, and perhaps he never complains and has great attitude. But you can't take away how bad he has been on the pitch, and many times he's fucked up so many chances, that's one thing you can take away, you can find great positives about anyone, like you did about Kalou, but anyone could go make a thread about the negatives of Kalou and then we could have a debate of who is right. I like Kalou, but i don't think he's Chelsea material and that is my opinion of it, i could be wrong, who knows.