The European Leagues and Competition Thread

.Cee

Id agree with Alex here. Barca are not the best at the moment, and i'd fancy our chances against them. They cant seem to win away this season, and Ronaldinho and Henry are not playing particularly well. Keep Messi quiet and I think we'd be OK.

Schalke for me though. Don't want any of the English sides and Roma would be very tough.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id agree with Alex here. Barca are not the best at the moment, and i'd fancy our chances against them. They cant seem to win away this season, and Ronaldinho and Henry are not playing particularly well. Keep Messi quiet and I think we'd be OK.

Schalke for me though. Don't want any of the English sides and Roma would be very tough.

Yeh but a lot of players dont playtill they meet us lol.Like do dah on Sat.Hadnt scored for yonks then volia.

Schalke we have had and know them so that be easier.Roma would be tough for the team and fans lol.English plus Arsenal.Eeeep kinda suck as well lol.Esp if we get Liverpool!Cause we never hear the end of it and now great they are

i would like to see man utd vs liverpool actually, what a war that would be. I don't really care who we get but i would prefer to avoid the english lot because we dont play the other teams lol. Not long now til the draw. Theres bound to be at least one England vs England match-up.

I heard that Messi will be injured until after the quarters, so this really is the perfect time to play them. Xavi is the only one I've seen on their score sheet recently and we should be able to take him.

Arsenal, ManUtd or Liverpool could be tricky. Arsenal are now confident and Fibreglass is quite confident they can go on to do the golden double.

I have doubts about us coming from behind against a good team and I have doubts about this Chelsea team beating a determined good team. We now appear to have that inconsistency, that wasnt there under Mourinho.

Still 12 00 today we'll know who we're to face -(probably be about half twelve in reality).

When you look at the draw of who is left in then there is the very very real possibility of an English club winning, only Barca are going to offer any REAL foreign resistance.

Again, like in the FA Cup and the Carling Cup we have as good a chance as we are ever likely to get of winning - can we blow a third one!!!!

Here we go:

Quarter Finals:

Arsenal v Liverpool

AS Roma v Manchester United

Schalke v FC Barcelona

Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Semi Finals:

Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbahce/Chelsea

Schalke/Barcelona v AS Roma/Manchester United

Final:

Schalke/Barcelona OR AS Roma/Manchester United v Arsenal/Liverpool OR Fenerbahce/Chelsea

Cannot play Barcelona or Manchester United until the final which is great in my opinion.

I can't see us losing this quarter to be honest. Yes, there a decent side, but we SHOULD win.

John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho vs Mateja Kezman and Colin Kazim-Richards. Hmmm

I fancy Arsenal to win that quarter to be honest, as well as Barcelona and Man Utd going through.

That Rick Parry on Sky Sports News now is such a cock.

----

New Odds:

Manchester United (3/1)

Barcelona (3/1)

Chelsea (7/2)

Arsenal (11/2)

Liverpool (13/2)

Roma (13/1)

Schalke (33/1)

Fenebahce (40/1)

----

Chelsea v Fenebahce Odds:

Chelsea (1/4)

Fenebahce (11/4)

I think even if Roma get a result in Rome, they'll get spanked at Old Trafford.

They've already played this season in the groups. Utd beat them 1-0 at OT, and it was 1-1 in the return, although Utd played half there reserve team.

They've already played this season in the groups. Utd beat them 1-0 at OT, and it was 1-1 in the return, although Utd played half there reserve team.

Exactly there'll be well up for it imo.

The nightmare scenario -Moscow, May 08, Liverpool sneak another spawny win......

lol surely we cant get liverpool in another semi! i love the draw, arsenal will show us how to fuck liverpool at anfield in a 2nd leg setting up a Chelsea vs arsenal semi and the other semi will be man utd vs Barca, classic game. Chelsea vs Barca final is what i'm hoping for but i think it will be Arsenal vs man Utd.

Edited by OllieCFC

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic....asc&start=0

Right, I've copied and pasted the post as the link keeps mysteriously disappearing.

confused

Ultra member

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 am Post subject: Possible leak of draw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumour going around draw has been leaked..... this is no doubt rubbish but if Rumour is true it's LFC - arsenal and Chelsea - fenerbache and manure v roma

No bookies will take bets on the draw either.......

Let the draw commence. Comeeee on!