Karim Benzema (Olympique Lyonnais)

Best young

Hatem Ben Arfa (Olympique Lyonnais)

Best Goalkeeper

Steve Mandanda (Olympique de Marseille)

Best goal

Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique de Marseille) : OM-Caen

Best team

Steve Mandanda (Olympique de Marseille)– Laurent Bonnart (Olympique de Marseille), Sebastien Puygrenier (Nancy), Vitorino Hilton (Lens), Taye Taiwo (Olympique de Marseille) - Jérémy Toulalan (Olympique Lyonnais), Benoît Cheyrou (Olympique de Marseille), Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique de Marseille), Geraldo Wendel (Bordeaux) – Mamadou Niang (Olympique de Marseille), Karim Benzema (Olympique Lyonnais)

Best manager

Laurent Blanc (Bordeaux)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about time someone else won that league. I dunno how you can be vaguely excited about a league which has had the same champions for 7 years straight and only Lyon in god knows how long have even almost competed with teams in the UCL. Its almost as bad as the Scotish league, but tbh this seasons its been actually very exciting. Die Bundesliga is better than Ligue un where 4 or 5 teams can compete for the league. Must say tho, the standard is a lot poorer than in previous years.

• 3 months later...

Its funny reading the old replies lol before that night in moscow. Well its another season and all trails lead to Rome. And talking about Rome.....Roma 1-2 Cluj :D

Great start by us, winning 4-0, playing great it reminds me a bit of the start to 05/06 where we beat Liverpool 4-1 then Bolton 5-1 then betis 4-0 lol. i really think that this year is our year, it really has to be. Ok so ive said it like every season for like 3 years now lol but honestly our misfortune in this competition is quite unbelievable and its gonna change sooner rather than later.

Arsenal were lucky yesterday, man utd were shit and tbh theres no1 that even concerns me in the whole tournament. Even Barca have started terribly this season with real madrid not looking much better. The fifa rankings state that we are the number 1 team in europe and i agree with them, we are.

Rome here we come

But the best team in the competition doesn't necessarilly win. Porto were hardly anyone's favourites in 2004, only Barcelona winning it in 05/06 has marked the time when one can honestly admit the best team in Europe won the competition. Its just a competition where everyone is on an even playing field.

• 1 month later...