Your local team

kongdaniel

Used to be Kildare County, but the club dissolved in late 2009 after 7 years. For their last ever game, both fans and players had to play to make sure that the game would be played at all!

KildareCCrest1.gif

I think Shamrock Rovers are my nearest league club now, which are over an hour away in Dublin.

Like Kildare actually, They were times where it seemed they could have had a decent fanbase, Poorly run club though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Kildare actually, They were times where it seemed they could have had a decent fanbase, Poorly run club though.

Never got to see them play myself, but I did follow their scores for a few years before the end of the club. The way the club ended proves what you're saying really, as well as the fact they had such a lack of support in the county itself. One of their goalkeepers did end up playing for the Gaelic team though. :lol:

A friend of mine could not shut his mouth in the lunchbreak... He said that if Sogndal stay up he is going to walk a very long distance...

After he said that they won their last two games! its looking good

They are now above the relegation spots :)

Sogndal17.jpg

• 10 months later...

A friend of mine could not shut his mouth in the lunchbreak... He said that if Sogndal stay up he is going to walk a very long distance...

After he said that they won their last two games! its looking good

They are now above the relegation spots smile.gif

Not to "Bump" this thread.. But they stayed up. Tore Andrè Flo is still there. Met him at the store one day:)

Now im going to my grandparents house to watch Sogndal beat Oslo "giants" Vålerenga. (not likely)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Marconi Stallions:

120px-MarconiFC.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....ni_Stallions_FC

Mark Schwarzer, Harry Kewell, Christian Vieri, Archie Thompson, Paul Okon and Francis Awaritefe once pulled on the famous blue shirt of Marconi. Truly a giant of Australian football. Shame they're not included in the A-League, we don't have a promotion/relegation system.

We'll never ever have a player like Vieri, who was at his peak the best striker in the world, especially if we're not allowed to take part in the highest league in Australia.

I doubt it, they're still trying to recover from relegation from the premiership in 2001.

Same happened to my home side Middlesbrough, they went down and never been the same. They have looked like they are finally going to go back up though, but then they don't get promoted. Mind you they beat Southampton 2-1 yesterday and have one last chance to make playoffs but they have to rely on Cardiff to slip up. LOL i hope they don't make it, i hate them and there stupid fans, stupid smoggy delusional twats, so glad i was never raised up in a red smoggy shirt.