Selling list

HRiver

Drogba's situation is just like Hasselbaink in 2004.

He still has the ability, but the club must sell him in order to build the new team

Nothing against Drogba's quality and his contribution to Chelsea's recent successes, but essentially this is it. The cycle of Drogba and Lampard is coming to a close and it's better to err on the side of remolding the team one year too early rather than one year too late. Ideally they would stay and take on Giggs/Scholes roles but do you see that happening?

If Chelsea starts the next season with Torres and Drogba still vying to be the starting center forward, it's going to be the same story. One of them is going to be playing a system not suited to them. You'll have a team in the state of football philosophy flux and the result is a middling product--like this season, 3/4 place and final 8 in the CL. Good for most clubs but good enough for Roman Abramovich's billions?

Maybe Torres isn't the answer, but it's less about rebuilding around him and more about clinging onto players well into their 30's. It's not like Drogba and Lampard just turned 30 either. They'll turn 34 next season. Still can play of course, but the club's blueprint should no longer revolve around them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this just isn't true is it? You saw that last night in black and white. He came on and embarrassed himself. Good squad player my arse.

Lol ! By 'squad player' I didn't meant the guy who comes off the bench against the likes of ManUtd to change the score or stuff, I meant the guy who is there to play against the likes of Wigan in the Cup to give the other strikers a rest.

Lol ! By 'squad player' I didn't meant the guy who comes off the bench against the likes of ManUtd to change the score or stuff, I meant the guy who is there to play against the likes of Wigan in the Cup to give the other strikers a rest.

But that doesn't make any sense. Surely you would want to give those minutes to development strikers like Sturridge or Borini. Why do we need a 25 year old waste who is never going to improve those precious minutes? Do you see what Sturridge is doing? Do you honestly think Kalou can go on loan to another Premier League club and have the impact Sturridge is? Bolton would laugh at him and send him back to us within a few hours. He has nothing to offer them let alone a club like ours that has ambition of being amongst the best.

Let me ask you a question and be honest. Do you think Kalou would even make the Utd bench? He wouldn't get near it. That tells you everything you need to know.

But that doesn't make any sense. Surely you would want to give those minutes to development strikers like Sturridge or Borini. Why do we need a 25 year old waste who is never going to improve those precious minutes? Do you see what Sturridge is doing? Do you honestly think Kalou can go on loan to another Premier League club and have the impact Sturridge is? Bolton would laugh at him and send him back to us within a few hours. He has nothing to offer them let alone a club like ours that has ambition of being amongst the best.

Let me ask you a question and be honest. Do you think Kalou would even make the Utd bench? He wouldn't get near it. That tells you everything you need to know.

Yeah that's for sure. He would just play with their reserve.

But I mean, he would be under the young players in the pecking order. He would have a role a la Gibson of ManUtd.

And we have a really tiny squad, so I think we can't get ride of too many players.

No we don't need Lampard in a ''truncated role'' we need to get completely rid of him from the team all together. Giggs and Scholes are different the man utd way has been in full swing for decades under Fergie they will slot in any generation. We need a massive over hall next season and Torres needs someone behind him for 90 mins who is going to create chances for him, Lampard does not do that he wants to score him self.

I almost can't belive im reading this. Just a tiny little note for you all- Lampard got back from a bad injury, his first bad injury for years now,

just 4 months ago. Secondly, i dont know if you are aware that a midfielder, good and dominant has he can be, cannot do his best for

the team when he does not have the help from other players, players that played well when he was SUPER FRANK.

Just look at Malouda and Anelka, remember their play last season? look how they are playing now.

when they are playing like that, and Torres is our 'not in form' striker, what do you expect from lampard? (and after this injury..)

All the eyes are on him, everything needs to go through him, and he doesent have the help, Lamps NEVER been a player

that can carry his team on his shoulders all by imself and score a lot of goals and pass for another easy assist. He isnt Messi or Ronaldo.

Do you think its just a coincidence that he is more dominant when Drogba is in? drog is our only attacking player that in sort of form.

Why do you think that Giggs can do this great great moves and passes? because Man u game is going through Nani, Park, Rooney,

and then Giggs has his space, what space does Lampard have? where he could got this space from? Malouda's dribbling skills?

Lampard cant rest for a second when everybody playing like they played this season.

Lampard always needed the quality players around him and Chelsea didnt have them this season when he came from is injury.

When he got back it was all broken. Last year Lamps was amazing, 27 goals and 22 assists,

because Malouda was there, Drog was there(not on the bench for torres), Anelka most of the time was there...

When they are not there, What do you expect from him? when did he ever been good when everybody played shit arond him?

how many midfielders can do that? no one.come on. so come on, i agree that he can use some rest from time to time in the future,

but to rid of him? bench him? i dont think so. An Alexis Sanchez type of player near him next season, and he will do alot better.

For that one I'm gonna say yes. And what's more is Fergie would have him scoring and playing in his best position too.

The look on Kalou's face last night when he was about to come on said it all.

If we signed Hernandez last summer I think he'd be at Wigan now on loan after a few sub appearances.

I would tell Drogba that he is going to take a diminished role next season (to allow Sturridge and Torres to develop and succeed in our system) and if he doesn't want that we wish him the best of luck in Marseilles.

Anelka will hopefully be playing in the MLS next season.

Malouda, Boswinga, Ferreira can all go.

We seem to disagree on Kalou, and to be honest I'm not sure myself. I'd like us to keep Lamps on as a mentor for Josh, while seeing Josh get most of the playing time.

Hilario - too old

Bosingwa - he's not that player anymore, aflter that bad injury.

Essien - just like Bosingwa.

Kalou - I can't wait for him anymore...

Anelka - all my respect goes to this guy, but I think it's over for him and Chelsea.

Malouda - he's one of my favorite players, but he just can not help Chelsea anymore like he did in the past.

P.S: Bench Lampard, so he can be our Giggs.

Bring back Van Aanholt and let him play more. Ashley Cole is tired, he can't even cross a ball anymore. He needs some rest! I think he is the player with the most appearances in the team this season.

Put Bruma in the first 11 and bring another young right defender.

Put Mikel and McEachran in the first 11.

Put Benayoun in the first 11 and bring a left midfielder.

Bring back Sturridge and put him in the first eleven.

Play 4-1-2-1-2, with Torres / Drogba and Sturridge in the front. Torres and Drog are not young players anymore, they can understand that the team performance is much more important than their own even for them.

Cech

Bruma - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - McEachran

Benayoun

Sturridge - Drogba/Torres

Because our squad is the smallest in the league as it is, and you want us to release/sell 10 players? Do you honestly believe we will sign 10+ players this summer to replace them/bulk the squad?

sign 6-7 players and bring to main squad young talents

sign 6-7 players and bring to main squad young talents

6/7 players in are way too disrupting, especially as they'll be starting if they are to replace the likes of Didi and Flo. You can't just buy a whole new team unless your willing to have a blending/settling season or 2.

6/7 players in are way too disrupting, especially as they'll be starting if they are to replace the likes of Didi and Flo. You can't just buy a whole new team unless your willing to have a blending/settling season or 2.

This summer is the best time for it.It will be much better if we will do it without delay.

We wont sign 6/7 players , we need to devlope some of our youth talent if not why put so much money into it. i think we could sign one world clas players and a couple of yossi type signings but thats it. knowing us we will keep all the old guard send danny out on loan again and hope for the best.

Firstly changes to personel will depend on when/if we have a new manager at the helm next season, a new manager will want his stamp on his squad and will hopefully put his foot down were the tinkering of the squad is concerned.

Hilario - not good enough.

Zhirkov - Has ability but has been prone to injury and we have some exciting youngsters coming through in his position.

Mikel - I'm fed up of seeing to many defensively minded players on the pitch all at once, not as good as Essien or Ramires, decent squad player but he could fetch a few quid and we could use this to purchase a playmaker. Before the avalanche arrives about his inclusion, i've already said why i don't rate him on other topic's so don't bother its just my opinion!

Ferierra - Good pro and someone that should be given a role at the club in coaching, but i think its time someone like Bruma should be given some opportunities, Bruma to me has all the qualities to be a decent RB and will find it hard to oust the 4 CB's we have already.

Malouda - Again someone i've never rated, too inconsistent, too slow, loses possession too often, enough said!

Kalou - If he could produce consistently like he does from the bench sometimes he would be worth keeping but those performances are too far and between, inconsistent and would fetch a decent transfer fee as he has age on his side.

Bosingwa - Always stated that he can't defend for toffee but can produce going forward but now that has deserted him, there is little or no point keeping him.

I would give youth a chance by giving them more opportunitys and include a playmaker and 2 wingers (left and right) that have pace and can provide but also work hard for the team. Not sure if our young keepers are ready to step up but Shay Given would be a great choice to back up Cech. Our defence is solid, goals against proves that again this season so its just upfront that needs some work, we all know that a playmaker is a must for next season but don't be surprised to see Luiz pushed into that role at times next season especially if we have a new man at the helm.