Selling list

HRiver

How do people think the new UEFA Financial Fair Play rules will affect this summer? I have a feeling that we will see big changes in the club, both out of financial necessity and because they're warranted on the pitch. I don't expect to see too many notable signings, but a more significant infusion of our younger players in addition to a couple decent signings.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do people think the new UEFA Financial Fair Play rules will affect this summer? I have a feeling that we will see big changes in the club, both out of financial necessity and because they're warranted on the pitch. I don't expect to see too many notable signings, but a more significant infusion of our younger players in addition to a couple decent signings.

UFFP aren't a great concern in respect of transfer prices themselves, as player costs are amortized over the player's contract length. What it does affect though is the wage packets, not more than 70% of our revenue should be exceeded by player wages and currently I think we are in the mid 80s range (before Luiz and Torres). So I expect a couple of big earners like Drogba and Anelka to leave while bringing in young rising stars who might command a relatively high transfer fee but will be easy on the part that pinches- wages.

Jose Bosingwa

Paulo Ferreira

Nicolas Anelka

Kalou

Obi Mikel

Didier Drogba

Only signing i would try to make would be Kaka let Borini and Sturridge play with Torres up front and start mceachran , give Jack Cork more of a chance

Selling Mikel is :doh:

Yep, exactly. I can't understand that. I guess many people don't see what he adds to the team when he plays. He is the better passer we have, plus he is one of the few players who are in the 'middle' age, ie 22-26.

Obi Mikel

No. Just no.

And also, what is it with everyone selling all of our right-backs? Has that position been made defunct, or are we just going to waste Essien there? Or instead play Ivanovic who looks so uncomfortable there its quite painful to watch.

No. Just no.

And also, what is it with everyone selling all of our right-backs? Has that position been made defunct, or are we just going to waste Essien there? Or instead play Ivanovic who looks so uncomfortable there its quite painful to watch.

i think so to be honest we have got so many terrific midfield players both offensive and defensive which will most lickely be added to in the summer i think he is obviously good enough to play first team football at a top club but i dont think he fits into the top Chelsea first team if hes happy to come on occasionally or only play certain games then fine we should keep him and hope hes happy with that if not we should wish him well and let him go

Guest justin_3d

This looks similar to a post i replied to before, but oh well, will put the same.

Players to leave:

Anelka. Anelka might want to leave to the MLS, and is time he goes to make space for a younger player. Like Sturridge or any new striker we buy.

Malouda. Another player on his last year, that has to make some room for a younger player to come in. He did said he wanted to finish his career in Brazil...so maybe a swap for a brazilian player plus cash would not be a bad idea...if that's what Malouda wants. So he has to go to make place for a winger or Kakuta.

Bosingwa. His head and heart are not in the team. If he wants to leave then sell him. Replacement will have to come in a player like Van der Wiel.

Kalou. I like this player a lot because of his simplicity and humility. But i think it might be time to look elsewhere. And even he has said that maybe at the end of the season he will assess his situation and might have to look elsewhere.

He might like to move along with Frank Arnesen to Hamburgh. If he leaves the player to take his place is Sanchez on the wings.

After that, any other players that leave will be at the discretion of the club. But these changes have a great chance of materializing

Players to come:

Winger, RB, and Creative midfield.

There is a big list out there so i will give some name and then point out to my favorites.

Striker: Neymar, Lukaku, Cavani o Aguero.

Winger: Alexis Sanchez

Creative Midfield: Javier Pastore, Ganso, Alan Dzagoev o Hamsik

RB: Van der Wiel.

From these, priority for me falls in the winger first. And that only name that tops all is Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez should be our number one priority in the summer.

After that, if we sell Bosingwa then Van Der Wiel should be our second priority.

And third is my creative force, which for me my favorite is Javier Pastore. He really can have that cutting edge that Chelsea is lacking, to link up with our new attacking style with Carlo. But his price is something to consider.

If Chelsea can hustle Palermo like they did with Benfica when we got David Luiz, then it will be awesome.

So i see these 3 as very vital in the summer. Anything else Chelsea gets will be a surprise for me.

In the end, i don't think a major overhaul is needed. 4 or 5 players should leave and 3 should come in. While continuing to integrate more youth from our academy.And for god sakes, keep the dam manager at least till his contract finish!

I would sell :

Hilario

Fereira

Malouda

Anelka

Their replacements would be :

One of Taylor/Šebek/Delač for Hilario

Kakuta & Zhirkov for Malouda

Alexis Sanchez for Anelka

My team would be :

GK : Cech, Turnbull, Taylor/Šebek/Delač

RB : Ivanovič, Bosingwa

CB : Terry, Luiz, Alex, Bruma

LB : A.Cole, PVA

DM : Essien, Mikel, McEachran

CM : Lampard, Benayoun, Ramires

RW : Sanchez, Kalou

LW : Zhirkov, Kakuta

ST : Torres, Drogba, Sturridge

Starting line-up :

---------------------------Cech----------------------

Ivanovič----------Luiz---------Terry--------Cole

---------------Essien----Mikel/Ramires---------

----------------------Lampard----------------------

-------Sanchez----------------------Zhirkov-----

--------------------Torres/Drogba----------------

After next season I would find a replacement for Lampard and maybe for Zhirkov if he doesn't perform.

OUT

Jose Bosingwa or Paulo Ferreira - either one of these need to leave. It is obvious that both are out of favour with Ancelotti preferring to play a centre-back in their position. Ferreira is a loyal servant and still a competent defender whilst Bosingwa doesn't seem to understand the purpose of man-marking. I say we keep Paulo.

Henrique Hilario - again another faithful servant, but Hilario's best days are behind him. A good shot-stopper, but he does not command his area and his dealing with crosses is very poor.

Ross Turnbull - I like Ross as a goalkeeper. He's been unfortunate because his harshest criticism has come from a number of poor performances in the Reserves, whereas he has done nothing wrong in his seven first-team appearances. He needs to move on or go on loan for a season to a Championship team where he will be first choice for the good of his career.

IN

Davide Santon/ Gregory van der Wiel - we need a right-back, because as good as Ivanovic is, as soon as he is up against someone with pace like Bale or Nani, he quite frankly might as well just go and lie down off the pitch. He is a centre back and we need a genuine replacement. Santon would be my call. I think the lad has the potential to be brilliant.

Alexis Sanchez - a genuine winger? HOLY SHIT YES PLEASE. We have to sign this kid before Real Madrid or Man City do, frankly.

Romelu Lukaku or Neymar -should either Drogba or Anelka leave, we will need to bring in another striker. Granted we have Torres, Sturridge, Kalou and either Drogba or Anelka (I can't see both being allowed to leave this summer), but if Drogba stays it will not be for too long and Anelka is looking to play his twilight years in the MLS. A young striker is therefore a must, and personally I'd prefer Lukaku as his physical style suits Chelsea and the Premier League better. Plus I think Neymar is a despicable cunt.

Alan Dzageov/ Sergio Canales/ Marek Hamsik/ alternate playmaker - Lampard is getting no younger, Joe Cole and Deco have long-since left and Kakuta probably won't get a proper look in on first team football for another season. Another box-to-box midfielder, ie. Ballack is needed, or a deep-lying playmaker. Dzagoev seems the most likely target, but Canales and Hamsik are two quality young footballers. Both will be expensive acquisitions.

Second choice goalkeeper - remember the days when we didn't sweat over Cech's fitness, because we had Carlo Cudicini? Fact of the matter is we need a new goalkeeper. Granted we have some quality in the Reserves, but someone with proven EPL/UCL experience would not go amiss.

PROMOTED PLAYERS

Ryan Bertrand

Jacob Mellis

Jack Cork (we have to give Jack a chance. He's quality).

Matej Delac

I am of the opinion we need to increase our squad size as opposed to reducing it.

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Matej Delac, Ross Turnbull/ NEW GK

Right-backs: Paulo Ferreira, Gregory van der Wiel/ Davide Santon, Branislav Ivanovic, Michael Mancienne

Centre-backs: Alex, John Terry, David Luiz, Branislav Ivanovic, Jeffrey Bruma, Michael Mancienne

Left-backs: Ashley Cole, Patrick van Aanholt, Yury Zhirkov, Paulo Ferreira

Holding/Deep-lying Midfielders: Ramires, John Mikel Obi, Michael Essien, Josh McEachran

Attacking Midfielders: Ramires, Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Yossi Benayoun, Gael Kakuta, Josh McEachran, Hamsik/Canales/Dzagoev

Wingers: Florent Malouda, Yury Zhirkov, Salomon Kalou, Gael Kakuta, Daniel Sturridge, Alexis Sanchez

Strikers: Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres, Salomon Kalou, Daniel Sturridge, Romelu Lukaku/Neymar

So effectively it is a scenario of new goalkeeper, new full-back, new attacking midfielder, new winger and new striker. FIVE in. An expensive suggestion, granted, especially when you consider we spent £71 million in January, but putting an estimated figure on these five players.... I'd say probably another £70-80 million?

I dont think we should make the same mistakes as we made last season by letting a good handful of players go. It left us with a bench of youngsters and for me only Sturridge (who had to go on loan to Bolton in a season when we were meant to be introducing the youngsters) and McEachran have impressed, while van Aanholt and Bruma have apparently had shockers on loan at Leicester.

However, we do need to free up some space for new signings and get rid of some of the older lads who are in decline at this stage of their careers. I would get rid of 3 players max for the reason given above.

Hilario: He is 35. OK he is not a bad goalkeeper but I would prefer for Turnbull who is younger and still learning to be given more opportunities. Hilario seems like a nice guy but if Delac gets his work permit sorted out then we should be giving him and Turnbull chances to impress.

Paulo Ferreira: Seems to have lost all knowledge of how to defend this season. I do like him but he does not seem to have the pace to keep up with fast Premier League wingers these days.

Anelka: Not the same player as last season and unlike Malouda has not shown any revival in his form from 2009/10. Im sure we would get a good £6-8m for him as well. With links to the likes of Lukaku and Neymar they could be forced onto the bench by the presence of Anelka's reputation rather than current ability.