Chelsea 1-0 Wigan

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick observation on the game :

- The picking order for the right back spot should be : Ivanovic > Ferreira > Bosingwa. Paulo looked very good today.

- Drogba seems to gradually come back to his old self. Particulary his strenght. Just one downside, he looked a bit selfish.

- John Obi Mikel defo is a better choice for our midfield than Essien.

- Benayoun was quite good today. It's been a long time we didn't see such creativity in our midfield lol !

- Torres should have scored

- Despite his goal, Malouda was still poor. And he plays better when he's playing with Drogba than Torres.

- Lampard is really poor, one of our worst player. But it seems he's untouchable.

- Ancelotti's substitutions are a mystery.

Confidence would have been enough during our *bad moment* but this is United we're talking about and we've hardly seen Chelsea creating clear-cut chances from open play with or without confidence for months. An attacking plan would do us more good than a confidence booster.

Agreed, it's a shame we don't have another week to prepare. Benayoun's the only person today that provided a ball to create such a chance (that simple pass for Torres). Lampard is too heavily involved deep in the midfield so he can't make find the space to provide such a ball. Not going to turn this into another "who do we need?" thread, but it's quite clear today to see what kind.

If you stop oversimplifying things.

How have i oversimplified anything?, reality is also belief, has a big effect on players if they are confident. Liverpool beat Man United with a lot of belief, i didn't think our tactics were amazing over man united the day we beat them, i think it's the players who decided we are going to win this game, such as Essien and Lampard in the second half. I'm not trying to make a movie scene.

I don't know if Carlo told the players not to give their best because of the United game, but they played like crap.

I was expecting a nice weekend game, with 3-4 goals and no emotions for the end of it, so I am totally dissaponinted.

This is definitely a lost season. We must start thinking about the next one.

The good news is that Sturridge scored twice for Bolton!

How have i oversimplified anything?, reality is also belief, has a big effect on players if they are confident. Liverpool beat Man United with a lot of belief, i didn't think our tactics were amazing over man united the day we beat them, i think it's the players who decided we are going to win this game, such as Essien and Lampard in the second half. I'm not trying to make a movie scene.

You are right confidence is a big factor. I mean it's a basic thing, you have to play with confidence.

Some guys here always dream about tactical masterplans.

He put Yossi in, who you were impressed with. Alex got his playing time.

Explain please.

Well that's simple. When you have two players who are strongly under performing on the pitch, why sub a player who he's playing well ? Moreover, since he came back Lampard plays every single game, and he has 33 ! He needs a fucking rest !

I can't see why Mikel was subbed to be honest.

Well that's simple. When you have two players who are strongly under performing on the pitch, why sub a player who he's playing well ? Moreover, since he came back Lampard plays every single game, and he has 33 ! He needs a fucking rest !

I can't see why Mikel was subbed to be honest.

I don't know eighter..Maybe he wants to start Mikel and not Lampard against those scums from north.

First half =shit,second half much better,but still not good enough to win at OT.

We need 'super Frankie' on tuesday,not this Frankie.wink.gif

Yossi and Alex played well,nothing extraordinary,but nobody expected that after injuries.Torres had to score but he didn't because he has zero confidence.

Can we do it on Tuesday ? eyebrows.gif

You are right confidence is a big factor. I mean it's a basic thing, you have to play with confidence.

Some guys here always dream about tactical masterplans.

Correct, i don't think our players can even carry out a brilliant tactic plan in a bad form, i don't think anyone can. And we all know we have many player problems.