Chelsea 1-0 Wigan

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrappy win, fine with me.

Positives from this game:

- Torres and Benayoun link up together really well.

- Torres had a good few chances and is getting really close (i know, i know...)

- Drogba looks like he got his strength back. ABout time.

- Our defenders look sharp, good play by Alex and Ivanovic. Fereirra looked really good i think.

Important three points. We played much better in the second half, and I see that Yossi Benayoun hasn't lost his class, albeit being out for quite a long period. He showed great technique and I'm very glad that he is back, hopefully Carlo starts him on Tuesday. With him and Ramires creating chances we could bang in a goal or two.

Should have been more but we'll take the win. The subs really changed the tempo and style of play, think Carlo got it right in this match for a change. And some have been saying it for a while but Yossi/Torres looks like it could really work. Yossi is back not a moment too soon for Fernando.

I know Benayoun was only trying to help Fernando but he should've passed up to Didier on the break away chance. With that said, Yossi is playing better than Frank atm which is pretty sad given it's his first game back.

Scrappy win, fine with me.

Positives from this game:

- Torres and Benayoun link up together really well.

- Torres had a good few chances and is getting really close (i know, i know...)

- Drogba looks like he got his strength back. ABout time.

- Our defenders look sharp, good play by Alex and Ivanovic. Fereirra looked really good i think.

Agreed, especially on the Ferreira bit. He was quite good today, solid defensively and showed quite dangerous many times offensively - trying his hardest to create chances and get us to the goal. Paulo deserves credit.

anyone believe we can score at OT?

Well you know what this was a scrappy win, but all it takes is for Chelsea to believen them selves, remember when we beat Copenhagen 2-0?, and we played utter bollocks, Copenhagen just happened to be playing even worse and were afraid of us. Well then we played brilliant against Man United the next game, i think all it takes is for us to believe in ourselves, no matter the win, i really do hope this can have a big effect for us against United and make us beat them.

Well you know what this was a scrappy win, but all it takes is for Chelsea to believe in themselves, remember when we beat Copenhagen 2-0?, and we played utter bollocks, Copenhagen just happened to be playing even worse and were afraid of us. Well then we played brilliant against Man United the next game, i think all it takes is for us to believe in ourselves, no matter the win, i really do hope this can have a big effect for us against United and make us beat them.

This isn't a movie..

This isn't a movie..

Nope, but he's right if he meant player confidence. We saw what a bit of confidence boost to Torres can do to his play, he came very close to grabbing a goal. Drogba looked pretty lively too when we started playing like a proper team. Malouda continues to be a bit of weak link, but if they can maintain some sort of confidence into Tuesday then we may just have a chance.

Nope, but he's right if he meant player confidence. We saw what a bit of confidence boost to Torres can do to his play, he came very close to grabbing a goal. Drogba looked pretty lively too when we started playing like a proper team. Malouda continues to be a bit of weak link, but if they can maintain some sort of confidence into Tuesday then we may just have a chance.

Confidence is very important. :D

Confidence would have been enough during our *bad moment* but this is United we're talking about and we've hardly seen Chelsea creating clear-cut chances from open play with or without confidence for months. An attacking plan would do us more good than a confidence booster.