Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

You see, saying stuff like this is silly. Wait and see Mourinho's plans first! No way you can make projections like this when we don't about injuries, if there'll be a change in position for some players and things like that. And even so, if anybody knows how to rotate it's Jose.

What other alternatives are there? Only way to get them all playing time is if one of them plays as a CF (position change) like you said. And, if that was the case then spending 30M to turn an AM to a CF doesn't make sense either when you can spend that 30M and buy a dedicated CF in the first place.

Who else can change their position?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know why Mourinho jumped in for Willian?

Because he saw Mata was not good enough at RW, Kevin can't play there all the time and Moses is not good enough too.

That is jumping to conclusions based on one game you saw Mata play out there.

Poor Moses, I feel sorry for the lad. He's done his best here, he gave everything for the club and the only reason he's walking is because they decided to spend so much money on Schürrle and now Willian. Moses was brilliant during pre-season too.

Willian prefered us from the beginning, ever since AVB was our manager and tried to buy him two years ago.

He's not like Willian though. Schurrle has pace for the counter attack, to get in behind people. Willian is like Hazard and can beat people off the dribble, we don't have that anywhere else if Moses leaves.

It's crazy to have 6 good players for 3 positions, but there will be a crazy amount of rotation and Jose will have all of them buy into the fact, the team comes first.

Not really we have 4 CBs for 2 CB spots, most clubs do.

60 games for 3 positions = 180 games to be distributed over 6 players

On average that's 30 games a player assuming all equal. That's less playing time you'd get on 80% of the clubs worldwide because that's how good are bench players are going to be now.

Hazard - 45 games minimum

Mata - 40 games

Oscar - 40 games

Willian - 40 games

KDB - 15 games (not good enough)

Schurrle - 0 games (lol)

How else are you going to distribute it?

I would rather let Jose taking care of it, if you don´t mind. In Jose we trust.

Good player but can't help but think he is making it harder for himself to get into the national team for Brazil. At Tottenham he certainly would have been an indispensable player for them and given a free role. Who knows but those are my initial thoughts. He would stand out at Tottenham but we have so much quality in this department already. probably wants the CL footy, maybe more money, who knows.

This club is an embarassment at times. What an utterly pointless signing.

Thought the club was finally beyond insane deals like this. Seems not.

Another 4 or 5 careers wasted with this signing it seems. Chalobah, McEachran, Piazon, Loftus Cheek etc arent getting any chances anymore.

Pathetic.

I here Ozil is available for 38 million if we are goin to sign a playmaker why not sign him instead of willian??http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400811/Manchester-United-ready-pounce-Real-Madrid-ace-Mesut-Ozil.html

A player like Ozil is what i'd say we don't need, he can only play as CAM and we have so many players for that.

This club is an embarassment at times. What an utterly pointless signing.

Thought the club was finally beyond insane deals like this. Seems not.

Another 4 or 5 careers wasted with this signing it seems. Chalobah, McEachran, Piazon, Loftus Cheek etc arent getting any chances anymore.

Pathetic.

For once, I actually agree with you on this.

What other alternatives are there? Only way to get them all playing time is if one of them plays as a CF (position change) like you said. And, if that was the case then spending 30M to turn an AM to a CF doesn't make sense either when you can spend that 30M and buy a dedicated CF in the first place.

Who else can change their position?

Schurrle is the only one I can think of...playing as CF. That could free up his place on the wing.