Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get this... Yes he's probably a great player and will add quality, but we already have 4 top-class players in the 3 attacking positions, and 2 more good players.

So now we'll have 5 top-class players competing for 3 positions?

On the one hand he's quality and we should do what's best for the team, adding quality is good. But on the other hand I'll hate to see any of our top players not playing.

Well I guess it's good that we're adding quality and I'm sure it will all be fine.

I mean.. we can't complain about a quality player coming in, that's stupid.

Willian is a player that performs best right behind the striker, #10 position. I think Mourinho sees it this way:

--------------------Lukaku/Torres/Rooney*--------------------

Hazard / Schurrle - Oscar / Willian - Mata / De Bruyne

Moses loaned out.

Of course, several players are very mobile and can play almost everywhere on that offensive midfield. But that's not a bad thing. Mourinho is also the king of rotations and he is very good at keeping everyone happy, even if they aren't playing regularly. This is what it takes if you want to have a squad who can win the treble. Only problem now is the striker position. But, no way Mourinho won't reinforce here. Rooney or why not Jackson, could be signed soon.

A bonus-buy would be a central midfielder (De Rossi), but that's not a "must" like a new striker.

Strikers: Rooney/Lukaku/Torres

RW: Mata/De Bruyne

LW: Hazard/Scurrle

AM: Oscar/Willian

This offensive set-up would be world class. Second best in the world, just behind Bayern. Or maybe the best.

I'm confused. Didn't Jose say he wants a 22-man squad?

Keepers

Cech, Schwarzer

Defenders

Cole, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Kalas, Terry, Cahill, Luiz

Midfielders

Van Ginkel, Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Mikel

Attackers

Mata, Hazard, Willian, DeBruyne, Oscar, Schurrle, Moses, Lukaku, Torres, Ba.

I count 25 players and still no striker, if I was guessing I'd say Moses and Kalas on loan and Ba and Mikel sold.

22 outfield players.

I really am not worried about anything lol. Mourinho is a new manager, he will want to make his signings. He will not see some players as sure starters, like previous managers did. He will see need much different than all of us, so while we were all happy with "Mazacar" last season, Mourinho might want a more direct player on the right. And while we want an out-and-out striker, Mourinho wants someone who can work beween the lines.

It's all very interesting, and you can bet everything will be sorted out. You don't turn into a great team with 1 transfer window, whoever we can't or don't get now, we will probably find a better option in January, or next summer.

Moses provides directness on the right and he does so very well.

We've already got out-and-out strikers, most people understand that we need a striker that can play in between the lines, it's not the case of people wanting out-and-out strikers on here, I certainly don't.

Yeah, you don't turn into a great team in one transfer window but you can't really use that to justify this signing. You're completely ignoring that we've been building this team over the last 2/3 seasons and it only needs probably 2/3 correct signings to make it the complete squad but we're adding and excessively spending in an area that is the strongest in the team so it doesn't make sense whatsoever.

It isn't like we have just started rebuilding the team this transfer window.

People are NEVER happy on here

Well said. It´s sci-fi here most of the times. Chelsea signs a good player, folks snivel here. Chelsea do not sign anybody for 4 weeks, folks questioned the club. Somehow, the Belgium troops in here are the biggest complainers.

So what, people are supposed to be happy with a signing that doesn't make sense in their opinion? Why should we be happy about spanking out £30m on a player we don't need?

because its mou you know. if he signs someone, it has to be right. otherwise you are the idiot. delusional acting from our board, just plain delusional.

most people probably think he is a goal-scoring type of player because he scored 2 or 3 goals against us.

Can you blame him though? I'd rather join Spurs than Liverpool, and Chelsea than Spurs. If Barcelona said they want him today, he will join them - he has no connections to any team, i bet he just wants to join a good team, get good money and win trophies.

It's not about team A < team B and team B < team C. It's the fact that he had almost signed with 2 teams already and now he all of a sudden rather wants to join the third team that's bidding. He doesn't seem to have a single clue about his career path and I don't wanna see my team spending a huge sum on such a dude when we need to improve other areas in our team.