Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing Willian makes no sense. We need a striker, not another attacking midfielder..

If we do end up signing Willian...wouldn't that affect the playing time & development of Schurrle?

There is really no other way to interpret the recent events other than assuming Mata will be sold or involved in an exchange. Personally I don't think United would let Rooney go unless a player of Mata's caliber is made part of the deal.

If he is signed for £30-£31m, we can all kiss goodbye to Mata. He will be involving in a swap deal with Rooney, maybe straight swap.

Actually it wouldn't be the bad, Mata's goals will be more than made up by Rooney and don't forget Rooney is a great creative player himself too. With Willian to sweeten it wouldn't be too bad. No player in unsellable at Chelsea. Mata is not God by any mean.

Basically we are replacing a great player with another great and decent players. This is similar to Eto'o/Ibra deal.

If he is signed for £30-£31m, we can all kiss goodbye to Mata. He will be involving in a swap deal with Rooney, maybe straight swap.

Actually it wouldn't be the bad, Mata's goals will be more than made up by Rooney and don't forget Rooney is a great creative player himself too. With Willian to sweeten it wouldn't be too bad. No player in unsellable at Chelsea. Mata is not God by any mean.

Basically we are replacing a great player with another great and decent players. This is similar to Eto'o/Ibra deal.

That's how I see it. Mata is a class player who has won my heart over the past few seasons but if we replace him with Rooney and Willian then I won't be too upset. I mean I will be upset but it will allow Oscar to shine in his no.10 role and we get a skillfull winger and a top class striker. The biggest hurt will be watching him play in a United shirt. He would be devastating in that squad with RVP.

There is really no other way to interpret the recent events other than assuming Mata will be sold or involved in an exchange. Personally I don't think United would let Rooney go unless a player of Mata's caliber is made part of the deal.

They already made their interest in a CAM clear, they are missing one. Had their bid for Fabregas rejected and apparently interested in Ozil so they are definitely in the market for a CAM. If we offer Mata in exchange for Rooney I am sure they will accept if Rooney push it.

That's how I see it. Mata is a class player who has won my heart over the past few seasons but if we replace him with Rooney and Willian then I won't be too upset. I mean I will be upset but it will allow Oscar to shine in his no.10 role and we get a skillfull winger and a top class striker. The biggest hurt will be watching him play in a United shirt. He would be devastating in that squad with RVP.

Agreed, I will miss him too. His goals/assist over the last 2 seasons have been incredible, his attitude close to perfection and a real friendly player that deserve the adoration of any fan. But again NO BODY IS IRREPLACEABLE, hell MU didn't even need Ronaldo and still dominated BPL. Sometime it is a blessing in disguise, Mata's fav/best postion is CAM and that is where Oscar wants to play too so Mata leaving could actually help Oscar.

But the sight of him wearing a MU shirt, pointing his finger to the crowd after a goal would be unbearable. But again nothing in life is perfect isn't it, you always have to sacrifice to achieve greater good :wub:

They already made their interest in a CAM clear, they are missing one. Had their bid for Fabregas rejected and apparently interested in Ozil so they are definitely in the market for a CAM. If we offer Mata in exchange for Rooney I am sure they will accept if Rooney push it.

agreed.

I think behind the scenes Mata, after a great season backed by solid numbers, asked for a huge raise and Mourinho does not seem to regard him as highly (for the asked key player role). Mata is an excellent player no doubt, but I think I see what Mourinho dislikes in him: he lacks intensity which is showcased by his very poor defensive ability.

Perhaps Mourinho does not believe in making concessions for Mata and would like to employ more rounded players. It's his prerogative, of course.

Like I wrote many times, I have my doubts one can accommodate both Mata and Hazard behind a striker. It's just too many attacking minded players and not enough defending. It can work on occasion when players give that extra effort, but cannot be made work in a long comp like the premiere League (plus the parallel comps).

BTW, just to be a bit more on topic, William does have the intensity. And don't focus so much on the Brazil NT... Brazil produces a high number of quality players. They could field a very competitive second team in the world cup. Even our own Ramires isn't on the team for example.

agreed.

I think behind the scenes Mata, after a great season backed by solid numbers, asked for a huge raise and Mourinho does not seem to regard him as highly (for the asked key player role). Mata is an excellent player no doubt, but I think I see what Mourinho dislikes in him: he lacks intensity which is showcased by his very poor defensive ability.

Perhaps Mourinho does not believe in making concessions for Mata and would like to employ more rounded players. It's his prerogative, of course.

Like I wrote many times, I have my doubts one can accommodate both Mata and Hazard behind a striker. It's just too many attacking minded players and not enough defending. It can work on occasion when players give that extra effort, but cannot be made work in a long comp like the premiere League (plus the parallel comps).

BTW, just to be a bit more on topic, William does have the intensity. And don't focus so much on the Brazil NT... Brazil produces a high number of quality players. They could field a very competitive second team in the world cup. Even our own Ramires isn't on the team for example.

To be fair, Mata has a poor first touch and lacks pace. I guess that is something that doesn't fit well into this counter attacking style. Willian and Rooney on the other hand are perfect.

He's probably the second best player on our team after Hazard, though he does lack certain qualities.

agreed.

He (Ramires) was capped yesterday, he'll play for us in September 7th.

Also it's all down to preferences. For some reasons Mano and now Felipão don't rate/favor Willian the same way many others were overlooked throughout the years and others made it to the NT for reasons I can't understand.

Saw this on twitter. had a laugh

Footy Humour @FootyHumour 8h

Willian. Talked with LFC, had a medical at Spurs, now in advanced talks with Chelsea. Expect him to sign for Arsenal & loaned to Man City.

The transfer window is like an orgy... you don't know who is getting who, but they make sure to shoot in every possible direction. It's funny, except when it's tragic.

I think if the deal for Rooney involves Mata, we're being stupid. I'm not even comparing Rooney to Mata, but just realizing how Mata is perfect for ManUtd. The style of player that does really well in their team and he would have Robin ahead of him. This is crazy. It's not how much we'll miss Mata - I don't think we'll miss him much... we played the best 45 minutes of football in a long time in a match he didn't take part. We have talented players who I believe have higher ceiling than Mata (Kevin, Oscar, Eden) and they aren't that far from taking their game to the next level.

It's not about weakening us because I don't believe we'd be weakened, especially with Willian joining... but it's mainly about strengthening the competition - and such a strong competition as ManUtd. I don't like the idea of it.

You know why Willian wasn't picked a lot for Brazil team? Because Brazil have a lot of top class wingers like Neymar, Hulk...etc who are all better than Willian. Also the fact that he is playing in Ukraine/Russia league doesn't help either, Brazil manager is not going to come over there to scout him so again an disadvantage.

Look at Fernandinho, just as good as Ramires is not better and never been picked for Brazil I think? And why? Because he was playing in Ukraine. Now Bernard has just ruined his career too by moving to that league.

At 25 years of age he has had 2 caps/appearances for the senior Brazil team. Oscar, three years younger, has 22. That should tell you something about his worth to us.

That'd because of the Brazilian bias of the Ukrainian league. Person above mentioned the same with Fernandinho.

I don't think I could stomach seeing Mata go to United. He's too perfect of a human to go there.

Can anyone bother and type for a lazy fuck like myself the source of this "development"? I'm not the most dismissive guy around here but surely such a hugeass banner should only be reserved for stuff that is guaranteed?

Can anyone bother and type for a lazy fuck like myself the source of this "development"? I'm not the most dismissive guy around here but surely such a hugeass banner should only be reserved for stuff that is guaranteed?

Sky Sports and AVB practically confirmed there are more interest in Willian.