Lampard considers international retirement

Wilson

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank is my idol and I feel very proud to see him wear the England colours. But even for someone who lives their country so much in the way that I do, I think it would be best both for Chelsea and the future of the England team if he stepped down. the two Coles, Gerrard, Ferdinand and Terry should do the same in a couple of years as well.

I will look forward to the day when the people who call themself's England fans realise how good he was.

Never happen.

You'll always have scousers saying that Gerrard is better. Despite the stats in front of them,season after season.

What's even funnier is scousers claiming Carragher is better than JT.:lol:

Then there's the 'Scholes is England's greatest ever midfielder' brigade.

Even with 'the younger generation' coming through into the England Squad, i dont feel this should be a reason for Lamps to retire.

But i think he gets treated like shit for England, never gets the recognition he deserves.

So i hope he does retire, and when Capello starts that mug Wilshere in midfield, and he struggles, we'll all be singing 'Super Frank' appreciating one of the best midfielders in the world

Good! Then he wont get blamed for holding Gerrard back and all that shite despite the fact even when Gerrard plays alone he can play like shite!!

And wont get blamed for pretty much anything that goes wrong,even though had we had a linesmen with a pair of eyes he'd scored a vital goal in the World Cup

Never happen.

You'll always have scousers saying that Gerrard is better. Despite the stats in front of them,season after season.

What's even funnier is scousers claiming Carragher is better than JT.:lol:

Then there's the 'Scholes is England's greatest ever midfielder' brigade.

and its not just the fans but the chelsea hating press as well

If Lampard retires from England it will benefit us and him immensely.

I said in a previous thread i still think Lamps will still be around for atleast another 6 years (all be it in a lesser role) and then when he does play he will be fresh and ready to fire, the phrase less is more comes to mind here.

If Giggs and Scholes can still play when there 37/38 i cant see why Lampard cant do the same with us infact it would not suprise me in the slightest if he ends up being Carlo's Maldini (in terms of playing till 40).

If Lampard retires from England it will benefit us and him immensely.

I said in a previous thread i still think Lamps will still be around for atleast another 6 years (all be it in a lesser role) and then when he does play he will be fresh and ready to fire, the phrase less is more comes to mind here.

If Giggs and Scholes can still play when there 37/38 i cant see why Lampard cant do the same with us infact it would not suprise me in the slightest if he ends up being Carlo's Maldini (in terms of playing till 40).

wouldnt go quite that far friend but I do think we can get at least 3 more years from Frank ...be a perfect mentor for the younger players...have never seen him behave badly on the field.

wouldnt go quite that far friend but I do think we can get at least 3 more years from Frank ...be a perfect mentor for the younger players...have never seen him behave badly on the field.

Maybe 40 is a bit of an over-exaggeration but i can easily see him carrying on until 36-38 especially if he calls it quits with England, lets be honest (despite this season' lay off) he has got a fantastic injury free record. Scholes had a serious injury in 2005 and came back stronger, Frank hopefully (touch wood) wont have many if any problems.

I hope he does retire soon. I love seeing him play for England but people like him Terry and Cole are unappreciated because of off field antics or the club they play for. Ignorant so called fans can't look past things like that to see that they are actually world class players.

Lamps is getting to the age where extra needless games aren't going to be good for him or us. He is a work horse on the field but at the end of the day he's human.