The next Ashley Cole

Hi all...

Ashley is going to reach 31 and it is sooner or later he will lose his speed and pace gradually.

As of now he is still 1 of the best or even the best LB in the world but who is gonna succeed him at Chelsea?

Do you guys see PVA or Betrand suceeding him? Or will we yet spent another sum of money to replace Ashely?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this topic has been discussed over a million times, but I think has PvA has the potential. he has speed and his shot is more powerful than Ashley's. his crosses are even better. I dont know much about Betrand because I havent seen him that much. I just hope the Coentrao rumours are not true. I really would like PvA to take over from Ashley.

Patrick was getting slautered by Leicester fans before his injury, he has a long way to go before he is as good as Ashley Cole, Bertrand i think is currently better at defending.

But if i had to bet on any one id say Aziz Deen Conteh, he is like Van Aanholt but assured in his defending.

I have to say that bertrand is way ahead of PvA especially ufter his not so impressive start at Leicester. Bertrand for me ist the only successor for ash, he really looks like he can do very good things, sadly the youth has fallen down the peckingorder with so many big-guns available again...

Im actully genuinely suprised no-one has considered Deen - Conteh whistling.gif

He's way too young right now. He won't be a first team option for a good 5-6 years, whereas PVA could have been used this very year.

Although I do like him a lot. He is a better dribbler than PVA and better on defence too.

Good call about Coentrao, Mike! Shone at the World Cup last year, and I hear he's been on great form for Benfica. Though I think they'd be reluctant to sell to us now, they & their fans must be sick of us by now :lol:

Good call about Coentrao, Mike! Shone at the World Cup last year, and I hear he's been on great form for Benfica. Though I think they'd be reluctant to sell to us now, they & their fans must be sick of us by now :lol:

To be honest, I don't think we're sick of you guys yet. We know we're a selling club, there's no sense pretending we aren't. But as long as our pricey players continue to be successful when we sell them (DiMaria, Luiz, Ramires) and get exposure on the bigger stages then it only ensures that Benfica has high visibility for future sales. Make no mistake, Coentrao will be another success just like I told you guys about Luiz (although he has a tendency to flop around a little bit).

At a buyout of 30M euros he's honestly a bargain. After that Benfica might need a couple of more years to develop a couple of more stars but keep your radar open for Nico Gaitan and Franco Jara (you heard it here first).

After what Ramires and David Luiz have already done for us, I think Coeantro is a must :D

PVA beats Bertrand, which surprises me. Bertrand was hailed as the New Ashley Cole but then he suddenly disappeared somehow.

To be honest, I don't think we're sick of you guys yet. We know we're a selling club, there's no sense pretending we aren't. But as long as our pricey players continue to be successful when we sell them (DiMaria, Luiz, Ramires) and get exposure on the bigger stages then it only ensures that Benfica has high visibility for future sales. Make no mistake, Coentrao will be another success just like I told you guys about Luiz (although he has a tendency to flop around a little bit).

At a buyout of 30M euros he's honestly a bargain. After that Benfica might need a couple of more years to develop a couple of more stars but keep your radar open for Nico Gaitan and Franco Jara (you heard it here first).

Any chance you could sell us your lovely stadium? We'll paint the seats blue and jobs a good'en

Any chance you could sell us your lovely stadium? We'll paint the seats blue and jobs a good'en

Wouldn't it be nice to have 65,000 strong waving blue flags? Sorry, can't help you there, but you're welcome to come visit during Champions League games next year B)

He's way too young right now. He won't be a first team option for a good 5-6 years, whereas PVA could have been used this very year.

Although I do like him a lot. He is a better dribbler than PVA and better on defence too.

A-D-C is 18 only 2 years younger than PVA.

Next season might come too soon for him but the year after i think he should be starting to break through.

Wouldn't it be nice to have 65,000 strong waving blue flags? Sorry, can't help you there, but you're welcome to come visit during Champions League games next year B)

One of the incentives in the Luiz deal was that Chelsea will play a friendly against Benfica in the summer. :)