The next Ashley Cole

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bertrand or van Aanholt for me. If van Aanholt can do well at Leicester, and there are signs of improvement from him, then I see him as a good candidate.

Bertrand has a lot of playing experience behind him now, so it'll be interesting to see if he can break through the team.

To be honest, I don't think we're sick of you guys yet. We know we're a selling club, there's no sense pretending we aren't. But as long as our pricey players continue to be successful when we sell them (DiMaria, Luiz, Ramires) and get exposure on the bigger stages then it only ensures that Benfica has high visibility for future sales. Make no mistake, Coentrao will be another success just like I told you guys about Luiz (although he has a tendency to flop around a little bit).

At a buyout of 30M euros he's honestly a bargain. After that Benfica might need a couple of more years to develop a couple of more stars but keep your radar open for Nico Gaitan and Franco Jara (you heard it here first).

Hahah, like your attitude :D +1

Have to wonder how many of the posters in this thread have watched over 10 full games of the players being mentioned.

Fair analysis. Not going to pretend I have, all I know is Bertrand has tremendous experience & there must be a reason England consider him their best u21 left back in the country. Unfortunately we must trust the judgement of our management (?) & word of mouth from others.

Fair analysis. Not going to pretend I have, all I know is Bertrand has tremendous experience & there must be a reason England consider him their best u21 left back in the country. Unfortunately we must trust the judgement of our management (?) & word of mouth from others.

True but I had to remind everyone how baseless this discussion is. Anyway I fully expect some to hype Chalobah next year as the next JT and "discuss" about a possible partnership with Bruma/Luiz that will last 2 decades.