Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christophe Lollichon (Chelsea goalkeeping coach) has been quoted in a French magazine confirming that Chelsea have been in contact over Wayne Rooney, stating that the club tried to sign him two years ago when he first handed a transfer request in and he was very interested in signing back then too.

Dont know how you people can be sure that he will come. I can believe that he wants to join us BUT have you ever seen man utd be that stupid??! They are not arsenal they wont mess up the league by selling their best CF to us and making us contenders.. I just can see them doing that! I would love him here he would surely be a great player but i am too sure utd will not sell him to us!

Dont know how you people can be sure that he will come. I can believe that he wants to join us BUT have you ever seen man utd be that stupid??! They are not arsenal they wont mess up the league by selling their best CF to us and making us contenders.. I just can see them doing that! I would love him here he would surely be a great player but i am too sure utd will not sell him to us!

Their best CF is van Pussy.

Just went by Redcafe and they honestly seem to believe the only reason behind Rooney's transfer request is money and they're already calling him a money grabbing cunt if he wants to join Chelsea. I assume they haven't heard Wayne Rooney is already paid at least £50k more than any Chelsea player and there's no way he could get any more here. Deluded cunts.

Just went by Redcafe and they honestly seem to believe the only reason behind Rooney's transfer request is money and they're already calling him a money grabbing cunt if he wants to join Chelsea. I assume they haven't heard Wayne Rooney is already paid at least £50k more than any Chelsea player and there's no way he could get any more here. Deluded cunts.

That seemed to be the reason last time...he got offered more and suddenly he loved the club again

I think there are a lot of factors behind Rooney's transfer request that are not money related:

• Losing his automatic place in the first team at United this season.
  • Ferguson retiring - His potentially 'peak' years could be spent at a team set for a huge transitional period.
  • Moyes - what is their relationship really like? (I know Fergie retiring and Moyes being hired have happened since he asked to leave but they could increase his determination to leave)
  • Chelsea desperately need a striker.
  • The potential chance to work with Mourinho.
  • The opportunity to work with Chelsea's young attacking midfielders. I think this has been understated. How many times before have we seen Rooney frustrated at United and England when other players aren't on his wavelength. I think he can genuinely see the exciting potential of our team and the opportunity to play with some of the most technically gifted players in the Premiership. I think he is taking the opinion that Chelsea will be more successful over the next few seasons than United.

I think there are a lot of factors behind Rooney's transfer request that are not money related:

• Losing his automatic place in the first team at United this season.
  • Ferguson retiring - His potentially 'peak' years could be spent at a team set for a huge transitional period.
  • Moyes - what is their relationship really like? (I know Fergie retiring and Moyes being hired have happened since he asked to leave but they could increase his determination to leave)
  • Chelsea desperately need a striker.
  • The potential chance to work with Mourinho.
  • The opportunity to work with Chelsea's young attacking midfielders. I think this has been understated. How many times before have we seen Rooney frustrated at United and England when other players aren't on his wavelength. I think he can genuinely see the exciting potential of our team and the opportunity to play with some of the most technically gifted players in the Premiership. I think he is taking the opinion that Chelsea will be more successful over the next few seasons than United.

Yup - similar to my thoughts - you missed out the biggest one though :)

CHELSEA ARE THE ONLY TEAM TO CONSISTENTLY BEAT UTD :)

That is all :)

I pray to god if he ever comes here, dont flop!!! Dont be another torres!!!

I couldnt watch our team with shit striker for next three seasons.

*This goes to any striker who comes here*

I pray to god if he ever comes here, dont flop!!! Dont be another torres!!!

I couldnt watch our team with shit striker for next three seasons.

*This goes to any striker who comes here*

I think the biggest difference with Rooney compared to Torres and Shevchenko is he isn't just a goalscoring striker like the other two. If Rooney isn't scoring, he is still capable of playing effectively by creating chances, or even by playing deeper behind another striker. His versatility is greatly undervalued.

Rooney just cant flop, he is too good and completely different type of player than our two biggest flops that are Nando & Sheva.

I wont explain why they failed because we all know why and many here explained before me in a fantastic way, and I dont have the energy to do, however, about Roo : he is the perfect player for us honestly, he is intelligent, could play as a false nine, as number 10, as winger, he could even play in the double pivot.And this is precious for us, because we really lacked diversity this year.

he'll bang at least 15/20 goals next season as a new player and even more, ! Why ? Because he is used to score, just like Lampard, he has flair for goals, knows his opponents, and also a motivated Rooney is for me a beast, a terrific goalscorer, his efforts on the pitch to press hard, and to track back are for me very important especially in big games (Just look to Mandzukic & Gomez). He can assist, he can at times score wonders (Citeh), long passes, short passes, stamina, he has all the attributes for the perfect striker IMO.Now about the form he is, he wasnt at his best in the 2010/2011 season, but the next one he was terrific, I also expect the same, he has character.

I think the biggest difference with Rooney compared to Torres and Shevchenko is he isn't just a goalscoring striker like the other two. If Rooney isn't scoring, he is still capable of playing effectively by creating chances, or even by playing deeper behind another striker. His versatility is greatly undervalued.

I agree but before Torres came here, I would never imagine he will be that shit. I mean, surprises could be anywhere.

WHile Torres main problems are mental, Rooney could have weight/fitness issues. I think he would excell here, but I want to see him play few games for us, before getting realy excited.

We just seem to be unable to play with striker, which is quite unbelievable...but still...

Rooney just cant flop, he is too good and completely different type of player than our two biggest flops that are Nando & Sheva.

I wont explain why they failed because we all know why and many here explained before me in a fantastic way, and I dont have the energy to do, however, about Roo : he is the perfect player for us honestly, he is intelligent, could play as a false nine, as number 10, as winger, he could even play in the double pivot.And this is precious for us, because we really lacked diversity this year.

he'll bang at least 15/20 goals next season as a new player and even more, ! Why ? Because he is used to score, just like Lampard, he has flair for goals, knows his opponents, and also a motivated Rooney is for me a beast, a terrific goalscorer, his efforts on the pitch to press hard, and to track back are for me very important especially in big games (Just look to Mandzukic & Gomez). He can assist, he can at times score wonders (Citeh), long passes, short passes, stamina, he has all the attributes for the perfect striker IMO.Now about the form he is, he wasnt at his best in the 2010/2011 season, but the next one he was terrific, I also expect the same, he has character.

I remember his red card vs Argentina when Rooney said that he fallen in huge depression and only Saf was able to put him back on track.

But sure, Rooney working under Mou would be exciting as hell.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You