Wayne Rooney

J.F.

One thing is certain.... We buy Rooney, United get Lewandowski. PSG buy Rooney, United get Lewandowski. With all the wages thing, I think we should just push for Lewandowski instead.

I still think Lewandowski is nailed-on for Bayern. Sure they're talking tough now but there's two months before the season starts and he's just got to sit tight and he'll be wearing red before long. Dortmund aren't going to lose him next summer for nothing so he has all the power.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope we don't sign Rooney.

He is a good player never has he been World Class, that is only in the eyes of the media who are alway bigging up English player.

I think the last truly world Class English footballer was Gazza.

Think we need to de-scouse the club. CFC rule 1 NO Scousers from now on.!!

He is a good player never has he been World Class, that is only in the eyes of the media who are alway bigging up English player.

surely lampard was truly world class. he came 2nd on balon d'or

So you're saying that he's never been one of the best players of the world? Not even in 2010 when he was probably the best player in England?

Again, you blame the media but there's something pernicious in this country that likes to shit on people who are successful. People see a nice car in most countries and they think well done - in this country we turn our noses up at them or key it.

But yeah, he's a scouser so it's all okay.

Can't see us having both him and Torres on the books, whilst also trying to give Lukaku experience.. we also have Ba. If we can offload Torres then I think Rooney and Lukaku with Ba as backup is a pretty good strike force, and rooney can also drop deeper to a no.10 if we suffer loads of injuries.

Think a lot of people are against him because of the perception that he is fat, lazy, granny shagger etc.. + he is a tick scouser which doesn't really help, but he is a cracking CF, of that there is no doubt.

Like I said before, I'd love Rooney here. I'm a big fan of his, especially when he plays in the n10 role. His work-rate is unbelievable and his defending and tracking back is probably the best I've ever seen by an attacker. I always say when United play with Rooney just behind another striker, they play with 12 men. He's the equivalent of a midfielder and attacker at the same time.

That said, I very very much doubt we'll see him in a Chelsea shirt. First, United are not Arsenal, they are smarter than selling a world class player to a rival. Second his wages are just ridiculous (was it 250k/wk?!!) and with so many high earners already here, the board will probably be very reluctant to sign him.

Terry, Lampard and Ashley Cole have all been world class! it shouldn't even really be up for debate!

Like I said before, I'd love Rooney here. I'm a big fan of his, especially when he plays in the n10 role. His work-rate is unbelievable and his defending and tracking back is probably the best I've ever seen by an attacker. I always say when United play with Rooney just behind another striker, they play with 12 men. He's the equivalent of a midfielder and attacker at the same time.

That said, I very very much doubt we'll see him in a Chelsea shirt. First, United are not Arsenal, they are smarter than selling a world class player to a rival. Second his wages are just ridiculous (was it 250k/wk?!!) and with so many high earners already here, the board will probably be very reluctant to sign him.

your getting a bit too carried away there, i have never seen anything special about his work-rate, there are plenty of players around Europe past and present who work just hard or even harder than Rooney, his work-rate is overrated imo, just like most of his other attributes.

and also Rooney isn't a world class player! not even close.

People have different criteria for being world class, but saying he isn't even close is fucking ridiculous in my opinion. I'd say he was certainly a worldie back in 2010 and I don't think it's inconceivable that he couldn't recapture that form in the right team and with the right motivation.

People have different criteria for being world class, but saying he isn't even close is fucking ridiculous in my opinion. I'd say he was certainly a worldie back in 2010 and I don't think it's inconceivable that he couldn't recapture that form in the right team and with the right motivation.

yep, agree 100%. Also to say that roo doesnt have a phenomenal work rate would suggest people dont watch him a lot. Always been my major plus point about him ( and ironically one of fergies peeves) is that if he loses the ball he will chase you all over the pitch to get it back, he will also harass keepers which is something we rarely do here. Happily take him here

yep, agree 100%. Also to say that roo doesnt have a phenomenal work rate would suggest people dont watch him a lot. Always been my major plus point about him ( and ironically one of fergies peeves) is that if he loses the ball he will chase you all over the pitch to get it back, he will also harass keepers which is something we rarely do here. Happily take him here

that's true everyone does have different criteria to judge if a player is world class and for me to be truly world class you have to be one of the very best players in your position. I agree Rooney was at that level in 2010 but its 2013 now and Rooney hasn't shown that form consistently in the last 3 years!

Strikers/Freak Goalscorers better than Rooney

Messi

Ronaldo

Cavani

Lewandowski

Falcao

RVP

Ibrahimovic

Suarez

Aguero

Creative Midfielders better than Rooney

Mata

Ozil

Hazard

Iniesta

Gotze

Silva

Bale

Modric

Cazorla

Ribery

Robben

Muller

Reus

Other players up for debate

Oscar

Isco

KdB

Benzema

Higuian

Lavezzi

Fabregas

Hamsik

Neymar

Kiessling

Manduzkic

Lucas

Kroos

El Shaaraway

Gomez

That is why i say Rooney isnt even close! you may think i am being harsh or biased because he plays for united but that is my opinion, i would have any of the players in the first two lists over Rooney anyday!

your getting a bit too carried away there, i have never seen anything special about his work-rate, there are plenty of players around Europe past and present who work just hard or even harder than Rooney, his work-rate is overrated imo, just like most of his other attributes.

Well I disagree. Rooney always tracks back even to the edge of his own penalty area whenever his team does not have the ball. He also defends extremely well for an attacker. I don't think any attacker does that except may be Cavani at times.

Well what are your criteria for being world class? I say he is world class because he has excellent technical ability in his passing, shooting...etc. Tactically he's great. In fact, I'd say that he's been united's most important tactical player for years, now. Physically he's good as well: he has good pace and power. As an attacker, his movement is excellent and his finishing very clinical as evident by his goal-scoring record even though he's been often played in midfield in the past 2-3 seasons.

I agree Rooney was at that level in 2010 but its 2013 now and Rooney hasn't shown that form consistently in the last 3 years!

So Rooney was at that level in 2010 when he scored 34 goals in 44 games.....

but he wasn't at that level in 2012 when he scored 34 goals in 44 games.

In fact this season his stats were roughly on par with Aguero's despite playing in a deeper role (but Aguero had injury problems.....well so did Rooney).

As for the rest of the random names you've chucked in there (does 'up for debate' mean 'sound foreign so why not?').....really? Kiessling? Madzukic? Lucas (I'll guess you mean Moura and not Leiva, although I'm not sure).

Look, Rooney isn't the easiest player to love and it's not a transfer without risks, but the amount of shit he gets is unbelievable. I know it's not nice that a guy who is a bit thick and a bit rough earns millions of pounds but that's not a reason not to sign him. He's a fantastic talent who is woefully undervalued, underrated and overly-maligned by a certain type of English person. It's a shame his name is spelt Rooney and not Rooni.

Unfortunately United probably realise this which is why they won't sell him to us.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You