Blackpool 1-3 Chelsea

James

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor first half and a okay/solid (except for the last ten minutes) second half. Yup, sounds like a typical Chelsea performance to me.

Terry and Essien were our best players tonight. Kalou was great when he came on but showed he's still the same old Salomon with that last miss :lol:.

Torres still not looking good (although poor service has to do with it as well) and has to start performing soon.

Three points, I'm happy.

i feel torres MUST score

We all feel that but he can't score if he doesn't get the ball. We're setting ourselves up for disappointment each game because we keep saying oh he must score in this one, or he'll definitely break his duck today if certain fundamentals don't change--largely, he needs passes his way. And game after game, it LOOKS like some of his teammates do not want to pass to him.

Boring game. I don't know how we could scored 3 goals with such a shite performance.

Bosingwa two stupid mistakes, one of them cost us a goal.

Torres probably will score in next.... season maybe in pre-games I think. He just can't used to our system and can't find place for himself on the pitch.

Drogba was shite as well so that he came off it was just benefit.

Kalou created a goal but as always can't finish very good opportunity to score.

Big, big three points. Happy for the win, but like everyone not happy that Torres failed to score even though this was the fifth game he's started.

I think that he still hasn't found the proper way to understand with his team mates, he only had one chance to score and didn't hit that one well. The pressure grows as minutes pass and Torres knows that. I was thinking that he would score once Kalou came on but no.

We all can't wait for him to score but I don't think that the players are the same. They could often pass the ball to Torres but they choosed to rather shoot themselves.

PS. Terrible game Torres and Bosingwa...

Torres wasn't getting in the right areas! He was always getting muscled off the ball by the defender I thought.

Bosingwa's very lightweight at defending, in all fairness, I couldn't care less if we were 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go, Bos should have come off and Brano should have come on. We would have looked a lot more solid with him there. When Blackpool scored, with the time that was left, and the number of chances they had they could have easily made it 2-3.

:doh: That's what they said about united.... & copenhagen.

On & on & on & on......

It will be Copenhagen if not man city or within the next 5 games anyway. Honest. Go to the bookies for a Torres hat trick.:)

Honestly though,I truely,tuely believe Copenhagen will be his game. It's the CL why he's here after all.

Yeah exactly! If we beat Man City, that's a massive boost for us, especially if we have a game in hand over them as well!

Oh, and my dad watching the game believes the whole "Drogba coming off" scene was all playacting by us just so Blackpool could be knocked off their momentum while it was 1-0 to us. Being an Arsenal fan, he's bound to say something like that!

Typical gooners.

Yeah exactly! If we beat Man City, that's a massive boost for us, especially if we have a game in hand over them as well!

Oh, and my dad watching the game believes the whole "Drogba coming off" scene was all playacting by us just so Blackpool could be knocked off their momentum while it was 1-0 to us. Being an Arsenal fan, he's bound to say something like that!

to be fair tho, u cant put that past didier

The title race is not back on. :rolleyes:

Still 9-points clear United. We still have tough games coming up. Don't see them failing/us winning every game to make up the difference, sorry.

Champions League is all I ask about. We definitely don't deserve to win the title with our performances, we were in deep crisis, and I don't think we're out of it completely yet.

:doh:

The most infuriating thing of all, is people saying "dont worry, he's saving his goals for [insert team]...

The most infuriating thing of all, is people worrying why Torres hasn't yet scored. Like milan said who cares who scores, to win three points is the most important thing in this part of the season.

We are in a good position and need to continue. I know he has to score, but first of all the whole team needs to improve.

PLEASE CHELSEA NO MORE HIGH BALLS!!!

And how can anybody say anything agaist Drogba. He is suffering badly.

Champions League is all I ask about. We definitely don't deserve to win the title with our performances, we were in deep crisis, and I don't think we're out of it completely yet.

If we are to win the Champions League, we've got to teach our players to pass properly and keep defensively solid.

I'm not going to slate Torres here, because he's having a bad spell, but he does need to stop being so lazy and run after the balls he loses. It's infuriating to watch him walk around when the ball is lost and he could easily recover it. We saw enough of that sh*t with Drogba. Hopefully, though, this will change next season ;)