Do you think Drogba will leave?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Drogba will leave?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Drogba to leave?

• Yes
    • No

He will leave , we could tell that with the Marseille game , I’ve read his autobiography and he has so much love for that club its unreal. But that being said i wouldn’t mind him round for another season. we have never had such a prolific striker on his day here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think he will leave. As with all "do you want ___ to leave" polls I'm not going to answer that question.

Why do you think he will not leave ? Everything suggest otherwise:

- Torres wont be a huge success as long as Drogba is here.

- Drogba earns too much. Releasing him even for free will help the club to got into Platini's rules.

- Until Drogba is here, there wont be enough room to change this Mourinho system, so it gets more difficult to add young players or to new signings to succed. Just see Zhirkov, he is a really good player, but this same-old-4-3-3 just don suit his skills.

To me it will be a huge surprise if he stays for another season, and imo it will be really bad for Chelsea since it will demonstrate that this club struggle to look forward.

Don't want him to go.

This will be a true test of his character. Will he stay and fight for his place or run?

Im afraid his place is not here anymore.

If this was any other player, Carlo could use him in the Pippo Inzaghi role. However with an ego, the size of Drogba's (as reported), this seems improbable to foresee.

True , i cant see Drogba Settling for a on the bench role.

Why do you think he will not leave ? Everything suggest otherwise:

- Torres wont be a huge success as long as Drogba is here.

- Drogba earns too much. Releasing him even for free will help the club to got into Platini's rules.

- Until Drogba is here, there wont be enough room to change this Mourinho system, so it gets more difficult to add young players or to new signings to succed. Just see Zhirkov, he is a really good player, but this same-old-4-3-3 just don suit his skills.

Fair points but I only have to check his PL starts this season to be sure that neither the club nor the coach will let him go. I can only think of Arsenal selling Henry to Barcelona as a similar case but I don't think we have the balls to do something as bold.

In a nutshel, clubs just do not just sell players who have started 23/26 league games.

Interesting thread as it's a fine line between either him staying or leaving, I think it will depend on a couple of things, firstly if he is in the starting lineup on a regular basis til the end of the season & forming some sort of partnership with Torres - he will probably stay but if the opposite happens then I can see him throwing his toys out of the pram & will lever for a move to Madrid or Marseille. Secondly, if Ancelotti gets the boot &.we have a new man at the helm - will he want him anyway or will he refuse to let him leave?

Personally think he has lost his aggression on the pitch & has become far too friendly with opponents. I would like to see him stay for another season as we don't have anybody else that can do the type of thing he has been doing for us over the years but that's only if his emotions are of no detriment to the squad.& team spirit.

i think he will leave, but no i don't want him to go at all. Drogba is one of the most unique strikers i've seen, it's just his mood a lot of the time. And to be honest i don't think age matters at all for the likes of Drogba, Drogba has got lot more than pace. Just wish Drogs would give it his 100 precent a lot of the times and not feel so down, this season hasn't been a good one for him at all, with the disease scare, though at the begining Chelsea looked like they were going to be undefeated, and i couldn't believe how such a bad stage we went through. It was unbelievable because Terry and Lampard were gone and think what it would of been like till they got back, if Drogba leaves i will never forget him, he will remain a Chelsea legend forever.

Drogba's form this season has been poor. If he stays fine, but i also would not be devestated if he did go. We really need to be looking forward and building a team to take us to the next level. It is clear that the current squad isn't going to do that, the additions of Ramires, Luiz and Torres are very positive but we need to build on that and if that means letting Drogba go then OK.

Drogba's form this season has been poor. If he stays fine, but i also would not be devestated if he did go. We really need to be looking forward and building a team to take us to the next level. It is clear that the current squad isn't going to do that, the additions of Ramires, Luiz and Torres are very positive but we need to build on that and if that means letting Drogba go then OK.

True Drog is and always will be a Chelsea legend but as much as id love him too he cant go on forever.

True Drog is and always will be a Chelsea legend but as much as id love him too he cant go on forever.

Yes, there is no point being sentimental about players, at the end of the day it is whats best for the club that is the most important thing.