Best Keeper in Chelsea's history

Tomo

65 members have voted

1. 1. Best goallie in Chelsea's history (select 1)

• Petr Cech
    • Peter Bonnetti
    • Carlo Cudicini
    • Ed Ge Geoy
    • Other (please state)

Morning Blues, after united done a poll on the best ever players in each position for their club i thought i should do the same for us on here (were only allowed to do 3 polls in 1 thread otherwise i would have covered them all now)

Ill start with a goalkeeper poll who do you think is the best ever goallie ever to wear the Chelsea shirt? feel free to cast your vote, if you believe another goallie is the best vote other and state it on the comments and ill add his name in the final votes. Another big reason for the other vote is knowing me ive forgotten some-one obvious.

Next up the defenders poll which ill add on tommorow.

Ill look at this poll on Febuary 28th and the goallie with the most votes ill add to the TC best Chelsea Xl off all time.

KTBFFHblue%20scalf.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Blues, after united done a poll on the best ever players in each position for their club i thought i should do the same for us on here (were only allowed to do 3 polls in 1 thread otherwise i would have covered them all now)

Ill start with a goalkeeper poll who do you think is the best ever goallie ever to wear the Chelsea shirt? feel free to cast your vote, if you believe another goallie is the best vote other and state it on the comments and ill add his name in the final votes. Another big reason for the other vote is knowing me ive forgotten some-one obvious.

Next up the defenders poll which ill add on tommorow.

Ill look at this poll on Febuary 28th and the goallie with the most votes ill add to the TC best Chelsea XL off all time.

KTBFFHblue%20scalf.gif

would have to say Cech then Bonetti

Cech probably technically -but thats not surprisng now we're minted.

Skint days you cant better Bonetti -one of the greatest keepers and servants of the club-and to be honest very close to Cech in ability. So for those reasons, gets my vote....

Where's Fatty Foulkes in the poll?.Ok,a bit before all our time,bbb but :smiliecap1:

Steve Francis,Steve Sherwood,Peter Broata,Dave Beasant?

Seriously,Cudicini gets my vote for his patience.Not once did he whinge at being Chelsea's No2 and when he was called upon,he never let us down.Shame he never played enough games to get a Premiership winners medal.

Where's Fatty Foulkes in the poll?.Ok,a bit before all our time,bbb but :smiliecap1:

Steve Francis,Steve Sherwood,Peter Broata,Dave Beasant?

Seriously,Cudicini gets my vote for his patience.Not once did he whinge at being Chelsea's No2 and when he was called upon,he never let us down.Shame he never played enough games to get a Premiership winners medal.

Good shout M. ''best goalkeeper' is a bit ambigu ambiguer amphibious.

As a kid always rated Bonettis No 2 , a sweaty called Tommy Hughes, only played about a dozen games for us, but as you said about Cudicini, never whinged or moaned about it

I picked Bonetti by mistake, but then I picked Cech. To be honest, I can't compare all these keepers, because they played in different periods, when football was different.

For example, I know that Bonetti was playing without gloves.

I picked Cech because he is very constant and he won a lot of trophies so far.

Just imagine he will sign a new contract, and again, and again which would keep him here until the late age before moving to Czech Republic for the final year. Let's say, he will wear our shirt for another 10 years? Epic.

• 2 months later...

Voted for Bonetti.Didn't have the chance to watch him play live,but saw couple of old Chelsea games and that man was simply brilliant.thumbsup.gif

But,Petar Borota is a fucking legend.People say he used to climb on the crossbar,hit the post with the ball on purpose just to make his coaches go mental biggrin.gif and the Serbians also made an awesome film inspired by his life.cool.gif