Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

I like Carlo, for the fact that he's an example of how all football coaches should be. He has won the Champions League twice in the past 10 years, but I don't see him winning it with Chelsea. He had the chance twice, last season we lost home and away to Inter, this season the same against United. One season was enough to test his real skills and see if he can rescue our season, but it seems it wasn't to be. We can't risk another trophyless season. No people, I won't be saying 'There is always next season' in the end of the next season too. We should win a major trophy, be it the CL or the League. I have a lot of respect for you Carlo, but, all good things come to an end.

Thanks for all the fish.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only have to look on my profile to see what i think of this.

He delivered the double in his 1st season, i think the easier to beat myth is more to do with Makelele not being around any more more than it is to do with Carlo, we lost a fair few games in 08/09 aswell.

The general rule with managers is you need your 1st season to access the situation (which he did winning a double in the process) a 2nd to make changes and a 3rd to stamp your authority. Why does this seem to come up on its head when we lose games? i didn't see this article pop up much on the index page when we were winning games in March dry.gif

Whatever way you put it he delivered the DOUBLE during his 1st season, breaking scoring records in the process aswell as winning 6/6 against the big four without conceding a legitimate goal. Yes he got outfought by Jose but be realistic he aint the 1st top manager to fall short in that regard and he weren't the last either.

Instead of looking at the manager, maybe you should look at the well fed international superstars.

When of the biggest problems with Chelsea, imo, is that the club never try to do something for itself. We ate always trying to buy superstars, like Torres. Why not try to buy one player that is good and cheap?

Lampard and Drogba werent superstars when they first arrived. We lost that. Now the board and even the supporters only want superstars. Same to managers. I always hear this kind of thing "whos better than Carlo to replace him?". Im sure there are many, why no try a new manager, like Barça did with Guardiola?

Cant knock Ferreira's cameo but when your 2-1 down with 10 minutes left why the fuck did we bring him on?

fair play Alex maybe not have lasted 90 but the solution is simple, Alex off Benayoun on, Ivan CB Essien RB Benayoun CM, sorted then we could have a real go.

We need Carlo to start taking proper risk's in matches.

When of the biggest problems with Chelsea, imo, is that the club never try to do something for itself. We ate always trying to buy superstars, like Torres. Why not try to buy one player that is good and cheap?

Lampard and Drogba werent superstars when they first arrived. We lost that. Now the board and even the supporters only want superstars. Same to managers. I always hear this kind of thing "whos better than Carlo to replace him?". Im sure there are many, why no try a new manager, like Barça did with Guardiola?

Well you were talking about long term plan. That plan depends on te club more than manager.

Barca have a great philosophy. We need something like that running through the whole club. Academy and reserves are doing good now. We now need to move that to our first team.

Unsuprisingly the media have gone into overdrive on Carlo's future today. The question we need to ask ourselves is if this is just to generate a story or if there have been genuine noises coming out of the club to the journo's to this effect? There is already to be plenty of change at the club this summer but it could turn out to be a massive change...

Unsuprisingly the media have gone into overdrive on Carlo's future today. The question we need to ask ourselves is if this is just to generate a story or if there have been genuine noises coming out of the club to the journo's to this effect? There is already to be plenty of change at the club this summer but it could turn out to be a massive change...

Yup. Think most is speculation to be honest -they're just going on past events. So...... going by past events he is on his way then. To me Abramovich is a bit of a control freak , and is frightened of a manager with all his entourage -ala Mourinho. I'm guessing he likes to isolate people. We have Carlo who is similar to Ranieri, lovely bloke, lacking tactically -(to me since Wilkins departure) Emanalo might as well be a cardboard cut out.

Ancellotti should be allowed to stay but let him choose his team round him. Either that or let Hiddink back in. Mourinho wont come back , as the boards egos couldnt admit they're wrong

Yep read alot of things in the media about him leaving a few suggesting Rafa could come here because of his torres connection :mouthclosed: i dont honestly know what i would do if we had rafa as manager

Even Roman isn't that stupid is he??

That would be a step backwards,even I would rather have Carlo than Rafa.

Even Roman isn't that stupid is he??

That would be a step backwards,even I would rather have Carlo than Rafa.

Football is a funny thing and he has a good recored in europe and maybe roman will think this, God help us if he does.

Yup. Think most is speculation to be honest -they're just going on past events. So...... going by past events he is on his way then. To me Abramovich is a bit of a control freak , and is frightened of a manager with all his entourage -ala Mourinho. I'm guessing he likes to isolate people. We have Carlo who is similar to Ranieri, lovely bloke, lacking tactically -(to me since Wilkins departure) Emanalo might as well be a cardboard cut out.

Ancellotti should be allowed to stay but let him choose his team round him. Either that or let Hiddink back in. Mourinho wont come back , as the boards egos couldnt admit they're wrong

The worrying thing with Roman is that he is prone to snap decisions that have big implications....look at the way we were getting our house in order financially and that in Jan Boom he goes and splashes the cash again because his patience wore thin....he has not made the knee jerk reaction over Ancellotti after the other night, but a few bad league results could see him gone very soon.....To be honest I don't think Ancellotti is that bothered either way....

I've read many articles about Ancelotti's so called 'resignation' to the fact the board want him gone. I know a lot can happen between now and summer, but I genuinely can't think of who would replace him.

Hiddink: Doesn't seem to be willing to break his contract with Turkey, and the earliest we could see him leave would be November.

Mourinho: Would obviously want to win something at Madrid (CL) and I would expect him to honor his contract until he does so.

Benitez: Readily available, but I doubt his appointment would go down well with the fans. His transfer policy is also very questionable.

Villas-Boas: Seems very good tactically. Unproven in any other league so would be a big risk. Not that i'm doubting the professionalism of our players but I find it hard to see him handling the egos of our big name players.

Rijkaard: Had a bad spell at Galatasaray, but has a good/calm nature and I imagine him to be the kind of man that Roman would want coaching the team.

Lippi: Wouldn't become a long term option.

Don't forget, the Chelsea job is probably the hardest in England, the pressure on Ancelotti has been enormous. He has delivered the double to us and as Chelsea fans we should show him the respect he deserves.

We all knew at the start of the season, that there would be a period of transition in the squad that we would have to endure. We knew that an ageing, threadbare squad with 5 youngsters being promoted was not as strong as last season. In the summer (2010), Ancelotti was told that the purse strings would be tightened and signings would be limited. This meant that our experienced players were too old, and our youngsters had absolutely zero experience, we had no in between anymore. With the emergence of teams such as Tottenham/others lower in the table, we've seen a much smaller gap between the so called 'top 4 teams' and the rest of the division, added to a gruelling league schedule, it is not surprising the position that we found ourselves in.

Obviously we had a few injuries (Lampard/Drogba/Alex) at a difficult point in the season, but in no way do I consider a possible 2nd/3rd, even 4th position in the table and CL quarter final exit a bad season to the extent that some others do, when you consider what Ancelotti was working with. How do you drop Frank Lampard, a Chelsea legend and one of our most consistent players, for a 18 year old youth academy product at a crucial point in the season?

I genuinely hope that the board sees some sense, injects some youth into the squad and gradually integrate them into the team, but also provides signings that combine youth with experience. We've seen how well Luiz and Ramires have done since their arrival, and these are exactly the types of signings we should be looking at, 23/24 year olds that will be here for the long term.

Ancelotti deserves at least one season, even two, to build a team that is his, and not having to work with what he has inherited from previous managers. I feel that as Chelsea fans we've had everything too easy as of late, relying on the current squad and expecting them to carry on performing forever because it's what has worked in the past. Obviously it would be befitting of the players if they were to win the Champions League finally, but sometimes it doesn't work out as we would like. We are in a period of transition, it happens to every club. Keep the faith.

I've read many articles about Ancelotti's so called 'resignation' to the fact the board want him gone. I know a lot can happen between now and summer, but I genuinely can't think of who would replace him.

Hiddink: Doesn't seem to be willing to break his contract with Turkey, and the earliest we could see him leave would be November.

Mourinho: Would obviously want to win something at Madrid (CL) and I would expect him to honor his contract until he does so.

Benitez: Readily available, but I doubt his appointment would go down well with the fans. His transfer policy is also very questionable.

Villas-Boas: Seems very good tactically. Unproven in any other league so would be a big risk. Not that i'm doubting the professionalism of our players but I find it hard to see him handling the egos of our big name players.

Rijkaard: Had a bad spell at Galatasaray, but has a good/calm nature and I imagine him to be the kind of man that Roman would want coaching the team.

Lippi: Wouldn't become a long term option.

Don't forget, the Chelsea job is probably the hardest in England, the pressure on Ancelotti has been enormous. He has delivered the double to us and as Chelsea fans we should show him the respect he deserves.

We all knew at the start of the season, that there would be a period of transition in the squad that we would have to endure. We knew that an ageing, threadbare squad with 5 youngsters being promoted was not as strong as last season. In the summer (2010), Ancelotti was told that the purse strings would be tightened and signings would be limited. This meant that our experienced players were too old, and our youngsters had absolutely zero experience, we had no in between anymore. With the emergence of teams such as Tottenham/others lower in the table, we've seen a much smaller gap between the so called 'top 4 teams' and the rest of the division, added to a gruelling league schedule, it is not surprising the position that we found ourselves in.

Obviously we had a few injuries (Lampard/Drogba/Alex) at a difficult point in the season, but in no way do I consider a possible 2nd/3rd, even 4th position in the table and CL quarter final exit a bad season to the extent that some others do, when you consider what Ancelotti was working with. How do you drop Frank Lampard, a Chelsea legend and one of our most consistent players, for a 18 year old youth academy product at a crucial point in the season?

I genuinely hope that the board sees some sense, injects some youth into the squad and gradually integrate them into the team, but also provides signings that combine youth with experience. We've seen how well Luiz and Ramires have done since their arrival, and these are exactly the types of signings we should be looking at, 23/24 year olds that will be here for the long term.

Ancelotti deserves at least one season, even two, to build a team that is his, and not having to work with what he has inherited from previous managers. I feel that as Chelsea fans we've had everything too easy as of late, relying on the current squad and expecting them to carry on performing forever because it's what has worked in the past. Obviously it would be befitting of the players if they were to win the Champions League finally, but sometimes it doesn't work out as we would like. We are in a period of transition, it happens to every club. Keep the faith.

Some good points there.

The one question is , would any of the candidates take the job , the pressue here is not like any other club other managers are allowed time to build their squad then see how they get on , we expect trophys here every season now.