Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Lets rewind here. Before January we were not good, we were not close to good. Dont you remember the "bad moment" where we even slipped out of the top four at one stge? Lets not forget it was Roman's signing of David Luiz that has had a huge hand in dragging us back into the top 4 so ebfore you go criticising Roman's interfiering Id say you should keep that in mind. ]

Lets also remember that for most of the season most of us thought Drogba was finished at the highest level, that we needed a new talismanic player to replace him, granted Torres hasn't done it yet (the set up of the team has hardly helped him) but next season and for seasons after that, he will be Chelsea's main man, one of the few players in the world who can adequately replace Drogba so maybe we should be thankful that Roman funded his purchase.

You have a point.

I wont argue no more, as we are in the middle.

For me if Carlo is to go out, then let it be next year when his contract expire. He did good in buying Yossi, Ramires and David Luiz, let it continue for one more year. Then after his contract is over, if he still doing bad, then get what ever Roman wants.

I have heard of the Porto manager...and i like him a lot more then Mourinho.

I hope Carlo ignores mainstream media right now. The last thing he need to read is how bookies are speculating about his job and all. He has 1 task now, make sure we get 3rd, or hell even 2nd what with Arsenal's inconsistency and what-not!

I think taking things into consideration i think we should give Carlo another season, and a chance to really sort the squad out this summer. There are concerns with Carlo though and he would need to quickly show that he can change the things that are so wrong:

1. Absolutely zero pressing when the opposition have the ball allowing them to pass and play towards us unchallenged.

2. An extention of point 1. Allowing teams to cross balls into out box unchallenged.

3. Quick tempo to our attacking play.

4. Actual support for our striker(s)

5. Making substitutions that can affect a game in a positive way for us.

6. Being able to drop players not in form and give others the chance to show they can do better.

Here's a stat for you; (not that I'm saying bring Mourinho back)

Jose for CFC ; 185 games played lost 18

Carlo for CFC: 102 games played lost 20 (might now be 21)

Now that is scary.

You make good points but I'd like to bring that post back to your first line.

I blame Ancelotti more than anyone for failure to recognise the limitations of the squad we entered the season into. Multiple reports of him wanting to have kept the likes of Ballack but not being strong enough to appeal that decision. I agree with the releasing of players we made, however failure to replace has to be put on Carlo. At the end of the day it's his job to make sure we have the best squad in the league, a squad he can get the best out of, a squad that can adapt to his tactics and formations not the other way round. I'm not on a hunting mission for Carlo in this post. I'm simply saying the responsibility lies with him about the squad he took into this season.

I don't think anyone can make the youth argument either. Sturridge, Bruma, Van Aanholt & Kakuta all ended up going on loan spells, those were supposed be the same group of youth that were to be featured this season. If the likes of Liverpool (Steve Clarke) can bring young players like Kelly, Spearing & Flanagan, I don't see why we couldn't have done the same, especially in the Premier League when hope was lost for the title.

Once again, I have to emphasis this post is not about calling for Carlo's head. Simply to highlight his mistake at the beginning of the season..

We've been over all that though haven't we mate ... time and time again. I feel like everyone is going around in circles saying the same stuff we've been saying most of the season.

IMO all the things that have gone wrong can be attributed to a multitude of factors and to lay the blame squarely upon Carlo, like some have, is doing him great injustice. I'd give him one last season to right the wrongs i.e. stop being a yes-man, break up player power, get his own staff (playing and non-playing) in. We need big changes for sure but getting rid of him this early isn't good.

I'd give him one last season to right the wrongs i.e. stop being a yes-man, break up player power, get his own staff (playing and non-playing) in. We need big changes for sure but getting rid of him this early isn't good.

I'd agree to that mate. If Carlo has realised the error of his ways (emphasis on if), then he should be allowed another season. I guess only time will tell..

How about Boas from porto as a replacement? Very young manager with lots of talent and has dominated the Portuguese league this season, could easily be our new Mourinho.

Former Italy coach Marcello Lippi throws hat into ring for Chelsea job

http://www.goal.com/...t-into-ring-for

a little bit old but a superb manager.

God please no. We might as well get Woy then.

Another stat;

Carlo has lost more games this season alone than Grant and Scolari combined together in their whole time at Chelsea.

Thats weird. I want Carlos head because I think We should never had bought him. I used to watch Serie A, and I ALWAYS believed he was ordinary, and lots of AC Milan's supporters think the same.

I want him out because for the yers he spent in AC Milan, he is good, but ordinary. Dont tell me he have won 2 CL and blah, blah. Benitez also won, and reached a second final with squads that were by far worst than any team the italian had in Jucentus or in AC Milan. Benitez is not even close of being a great coach.

So, he never was the right man for a long term project. We cant waste another season keeping him in charge.

For all the people riding Villas Boas' balls, I say yes take him to Chelsea, that'll make it easier for my Benfica next season....but honestly its a massive gamble to hire him. Yes he's been fantastic at Porto this year but its completely different in the EPL. He may very well be the perfect choice but I think its a better idea to go for someone more established in England if we end up canning Carlo.

Good article on Carlo..

Of course, there's a guy who knows these players inside out. A guy who has already won the Champions' League twice and who, over the past decade, has proved he can get the best out of an aging squad filled with big names. A guy who is universally liked and is used to getting "advice" from above. A guy who acts like a gentleman, who doesn't cry to the media or plant stories or harangue referees. A guy who is popular with the majority of fans. A guy who has already won the Premier League and FA Cup. A guy who did not bat an eyelid (at most he provided a raised eyebrow) when an unsolicited Fernando Torres landed on his doorstep. A guy who has shown he can play entertaining, attacking soccer. A guy who is already under contract (until June 2012) and, therefore, won't cost the club an extra penny. That guy, of course, would be Ancelotti.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/gabriele_marcotti/04/13/ancelotti.chelsea/index.html#ixzz1JRTgYEy4

Thats weird. I want Carlos head because I think We should never had bought him. I used to watch Serie A, and I ALWAYS believed he was ordinary, and lots of AC Milan's supporters think the same.

I want him out because for the yers he spent in AC Milan, he is good, but ordinary. Dont tell me he have won 2 CL and blah, blah. Benitez also won, and reached a second final with squads that were by far worst than any team the italian had in Jucentus or in AC Milan. Benitez is not even close of being a great coach.

So, he never was the right man for a long term project. We cant waste another season keeping him in charge.

I'm the same,he never should have got the job and now my worst fears are coming true. ie Carlo losing lots of games in the league and only scraping 4th/5th with Milan every year.

Now he's doing it here. We can't afford to keep him on for another year,it'll be another year down the toilet, a total waste.

The fact he's lost more this season than Grant and Scolari combined says it all.