How to express our frustration with the board?

Swoopz

Someone should make a banner expressing our disappointment with our transfer board. Robinho, Neymar, and now Luiz, all fell through under the same management. We cant expect teams to accept our offer without us meeting their requests. They are not in debt to us. Most of all, how do you fuck up a deal that has been negotiated for weeks, is already close to agreement, and work permit has been set in place? Gourlay needs some serious reevaluation. I wish I lived in London because I would do it myself, but hopefully some of you are as frustrated as I am. If there are people who are dumb enough to make offensive banners towards Carlo and Roman, someone sensible should make a poster addressing a REAL issue. That is our inability to get top targets into the door.

I understand bashing the board is not sensible but us as fans have a right to question some things...for example the summer we tried to sign back up keeper and this window we don't? We decided we need a cb this window and we all of a sudden go for a forward? Wtf was the pineear situation about ? Why loan out players with a thin squad without guaranteed replacements?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We cant expect teams to accept our offer without us meeting their requests.

At the end of the day we are doing business better now then we have for a while in the sense that we used to just splash the cash for players because we can. Id prefer the club to make a sensible bid and pay what they think is fair for a player, not get sucked in to paying excessive amounts of money just because the other club knows how much money we have. The three players that you mentioned above are all very good players but in what right do there clubs deserve to put the price tags they have on the players. They are ridiculous and if you ask me id prefer to spend the money else where. 25 Million quid for a defender is so much money, yes he has potential to become a star but is he really worth that much money?

At the end of the day we are doing business better now then we have for a while in the sense that we used to just splash the cash for players because we can. Id prefer the club to make a sensible bid and pay what they think is fair for a player, not get sucked in to paying excessive amounts of money just because the other club knows how much money we have. The three players that you mentioned above are all very good players but in what right do there clubs deserve to put the price tags they have on the players. They are ridiculous and if you ask me id prefer to spend the money else where. 25 Million quid for a defender is so much money, yes he has potential to become a star but is he really worth that much money?

Terry is a defender and is worth more than this. At least he was some years ago...and yes, Luiz is worth 25 millions because Im sure that if the club was going to pay that kind of money its because they know what he can do for us. Chelsea has people to look for the better players in the world, and they look for them not in front of tv, but in the stadium and in training. Im also sure that few people in this forum watched one single match that Luiz was playing, so I can stand people saying he is not worth.

Its same about people saying that Lukaku is perfect for Chelsea. Ok, he has an impressive record in the belgian league, but how you can say that ? Just because he is big, black and strong like Drogba ? How many matches did you watched ? Records and youtube videos is not enough to know if a player is perfect fot the team or not. We are really intereste in Luiz but not that much in Lukaku, maybe theres a reason.

By the way, if Benfica decided to not accept Chelsea´s offer, its because is worth that money.

Robinho, Neymar and Luiz are awful examples.

Robinho was guaranteed to come to us, so that was negotiated fine. It was not something we could foresee that Manchester City would come into money, thus out bidding us. Real Madrid did what any good club does in transfers - Take the highest bid. The decision has nothing to do with the board.

Neymar was encouraged to stay at Santos from the likes of Pelé. Santos would've accepted the bid if Neymar said he wanted to go, I don't doubt this, but the fact he's 18 worked against us because he was convinced he should stay a couple more years to really improve himself and his game before joining a big name club. So there's no point in insisting this is due to poor negotiations. It was Neymar's choice.

Finally Luiz. We've already been told Benfica did not want/need to sell. Financially they were sound and it's January, they have no reason to sell one of their prised defenders. It's not for us to criticise them for wanting as much as possible, because of potential value. The selling of Luiz also means part of that transfer has to be paid to former clubs and agents so they're right to demand the maximum valuation they deem fit.

As for the title "How to express frustrations" I'm not really frustrated. Yes it's a bit of shame there's no new signings but let's be honest, it's January. Luiz & Torres would've been nice but I'm hardly surprised they didn't go through in the end.

Edited by LDN Blue

Terry is a defender and is worth more than this. At least he was some years ago...and yes, Luiz is worth 25 millions because Im sure that if the club was going to pay that kind of money its because they know what he can do for us. Chelsea has people to look for the better players in the world, and they look for them not in front of tv, but in the stadium and in training. Im also sure that few people in this forum watched one single match that Luiz was playing, so I can stand people saying he is not worth.

Its same about people saying that Lukaku is perfect for Chelsea. Ok, he has an impressive record in the belgian league, but how you can say that ? Just because he is big, black and strong like Drogba ? How many matches did you watched ? Records and youtube videos is not enough to know if a player is perfect fot the team or not. We are really intereste in Luiz but not that much in Lukaku, maybe theres a reason.

By the way, if Benfica decided to not accept Chelsea´s offer, its because is worth that money.

I totally agree with what you are saying. Like i said he is a very good player and i am not doubting that in the slightest but it is still heaps and heaps of money. What i meant when i said is he really worth that much is what has he proven in a big league. The Portuguese league is a very talented league but when you say Terry is worth more than that look what he has won in comparison. At the end of the day i would not be disappointed if we got the bid approved for 25 million because he has a lot of time to prove his worth and we could potentially sell him in the future for more then what we signed him for.

I think Robinho is a similar situation. We was £2m short and refused to pay it. Then Man city came in with it.

I would be all up for Luiz (to all the Brazilians and Portuguese on here saying what a god he is) and paying £25m IF, IF JT was say 34 yrs old and on his last legs.Or Alex was old and past his best. However it's not the case, so yes we get how amazing he is and how much skill and pace he has etc etc .

I think Robinho is a similar situation. We was £2m short and refused to pay it. Then Man city came in with it.

But £28million for him then was a lot even. He was a bench warmer at Madrid, at best. Plus they didn't want to sell to us anyway, they've never liked us after Makelele's transfer.. So when City came in, they instantly accepted their bid. And Robinho did too because he was pretty much guaranteed a first team role.

I'm not in the slightest angry with the board for the Luiz saga. Not in the slightest. I'm more worried about the Aguero/Torres rumours because if they true they mean that we're ready to splash wild money just to show other clubs that we're here and ready to spend. Expect more hard ball tactics from selling clubs now on if we show inclination to spend crazy money.

And ffs what happened to the whole "give youth a chance" campaign? It's the not the best advertisement for our youth or for our trust in them when you're going after Torres and Luiz with Sturridge and Bruma rotting on the bench!

I'm not in the slightest angry with the board for the Luiz saga. Not in the slightest. I'm more worried about the Aguero/Torres rumours because if they true they mean that we're ready to splash wild money just to show other clubs that we're here and ready to spend. Expect more hard ball tactics from selling clubs now on if we show inclination to spend crazy money.

And ffs what happened to the whole "give youth a chance" campaign? It's the not the best advertisement for our youth or for our trust in them when you're going after Torres and Luiz with Sturridge and Bruma rotting on the bench!

qgree mqate, I'm a big believer in giving youth a chance.

For the past 6months, I have yet to seen any young players starting any matches except for Bruma(but its a forced situation)

No, but to be fair, Josh McEachran has been given alot of chances this season. and He's taken them aswell. at 17, he's looking a real gem, hats off to Carlo giving him the chance he deserves.

Gourlay is a cunt and couldn't even deal a pack of cards.

Our best CEO was Colin Hutchinson.Always got to the point,NEVER lied to the fans and always knew how to play down media/press speculation without making a fool out of himself.

Our current board are clueless,spineless and all need to go,and go NOW!!.

The best way to express our frustration with the board is to boycott Stamford Bridge. But that is far too radical for anyone to consider.

Another good way would be to rob their houses?

In all seriousness, it doesn't matter what we as fans want. Gone are the days when football was a sport and the fans were the most important player. Its now a business and all about the people who make it roll with their chequebooks.

What frustration? I was more frustrated when we spent £30m on a useless Schevchenko. As for Robinho, we dodged a bullet there.

lmao...when Shevchenko joined us he was the better striker in the world, I really doubt you was frustrated when at that time...be frustrated right now with him is easy.