Everton 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in midfield they played with 5 we had Ramires

Then we wonder why we're on the back foot all the time defending crosses and corners all over the place and getting outplayed having to try and nick a counter attack. Carlo may learn one day.

What did Bosingwa & Cole do? :lol:

Yes, they didn't get as forward as much but defensively they tried as hard as they could. Coleman and Baines were a handful as it was mixed with that thug Phil Neville it made it very hard for our full-backs. This notion they're supposed to go forward for every attack is nonsense, at the end of the day, they are defenders primarily.

Bosingwa tried to get forward as much as he can in fact. His final decision making wasn't that great albeit, but he did try hard :)

Then we wonder why we're on the back foot all the time defending crosses and corners all over the place and getting outplayed having to try and nick a counter attack. Carlo may learn one day.

It's sad isn't it. Although Everton weren't much better than us today.

Currently we're worse than we were under Scolari.

He isn't Lionel Messi all of a sudden.

Good goal, but he's had an unprogressive & frustrating career.

No he isn't,but he is a decent back up player who gets no credit for being one.We lack depth in our squad so he plays as a first team player at times but even though he is not one.

So giving credit from time to time won't kill you.

Because today he didn't do anything wrong?

I hope you're not going to be one of those people who will moan about people celebrating Kalou's goal even though they criticise him as a player :doh:

There is a difference between moaning and shitting all over him.

There is a difference between moaning and shitting all over him.

I've always maintained he's criticised in a fair way. We'll all give him praise for his goal today, because it showed good movement and a good strike. Fair play to him.

Kalou sure saved our bacon,as well as Ramires and Cech.Not a good performance,nowhere near Monday night's but we're slowly still getting back into the swing of things and i guess a draw is a fair outcome.

Should beat them at the Bridge.

A realistic appraisal of the match- absolutely agreed.

How come no one shits all over Kalou now?

Because all of a sudden everyone likes him again. Gives the Kalou lovers like me a wry smile of course, but it will be back to slagging him off next time he misses a chance of any sort.

Kalou gets important goals for us.He's the ideal super-sub.I'd like him to stay at Chelsea,though i do respect and understand the criticism that some people on here have given him.

Ramires is getting better and better and has got me hapilly chewing my words as those who follow me on FB and twitter know how harsh i've been on Ramires since his arrival at SB.

Sometimes it's good to be proven wrong.

Good post (again)! I'm keen for Kalou to stay - as a sub he is excellent. His pace was a different proposition for the Everton defence considering Anelka and Flo seem to have lost half a yard of pace.

When was the last time we beat Everton at home? I think it's been a while.Something silly like 5 years.

2007/08 Carling Cup semi-finals. SWP and an own-goal by Lescott. Mikel got sent off.

No he doesn't. He gets abused and gets called names.

Okay maybe some take it out of hand.

But criticism is allowed and so is praise. It's unfair to say because we praise him for a goal, then criticise his overall play, we are hypocrites/jumping on the bandwagon and all that, isn't it?

Okay maybe some take it out of hand.

But criticism is allowed and so is praise. It's unfair to say because people praise him for a goal, then criticise him over all are hypocrites/jumping on the bandwagon and all that, isn't it?

True,but now days people are all over him even if he is good.He scored 9 goals this season for a back up player pretty impressive in my opinion.And he saved our sorry arse today.