Everton 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god for that. Cech and Essien with his block before the Kalou goal saved our day and won the game for us - at Goodison, with such an awful performance, with the chance of having a replay at the Bridge, I really do consider it as a win.

Petr Cech once again, top class.

Again poor, poor first half. I think it's official now, we can't create chances from build-up play anymore. We just pass the ball around with no imagination, no idea. It's so sad to see. We've become so static. We were always pretty static but now it's ridiculous. Our players up front just stand still except for Anelka who seems up for it these last three games or so. The concept of possession/build-up play is move, receive, pass. What we do is, stand still and pass. You won't get anywhere playing like that and even a League One side can defend against that. We only seem to be dangerous on the break but even on the break you spot our lack of real pace which messes up those opportunities too.

We've been like this since October yet the club's main target this transferwindow was a CB. I couldn't believe it, still can't believe it. We need (effective) movement (and players who can go past men) up front and pure playmaker in the middle. Only then will the 4-3-3 formation work.

The best thing to do now would be to bring Josh in centre midfield, not defensive midfield, and take off Malouda (who has poor for months) for Kalou since Sturridge isn't on the bench.

Haven't really enjoyed a Chelsea game since September I think sad.gif.

No words for the second half performance. Everton deserved to win but thanks to Kalou, again great goal, we get a replay. It seems we just can't perform the way we should. Starting to wonder if we'll ever get back to the way we used to be.

Cech - 8

Bosingwa - 5

Ivanovic - 5

Terry - 5

Cole - 3.5

Essien - 4.5

Ramires - 5.5

Lampard - 4

Anelka - 5

Drogba - 3

Malouda - 3.5

CA we have a serious problem. Please fix it.

We still look like a sack of shite then I see.

Carlo I thought we were out of our bad moment now. If our midfield continuously looks over run and non existent why the hell not change it? I won't be sorry to see him go in the summer.

Bit flat today but at the same time I dont think we deserved to lose the game. Set pieces are still a problem that really need to be worked on. Petr Cech entered another excellent performance but I think its safe to say that our best player was Ramires who was excellent going forward and reliable defensively, producing in particular one wonderful last ditch block to save a goal. A replay at the Bridge now where we will surely be a bit more confident of progressing.

We could have splashed out £70m on Pienaar,Luiz and Torres and played them all today and still looked awful. Torres will be completely isolated the way we're playing at the moment and Luiz will be busy as there's no protection from the midfield.