The Betting Thread

Ollie

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a bit exciting last night, wasn't it !?

Believe it or not I managed to find a profit from last nights league cup game at home to manutd. I really couldn't decide what score to bet on (as it was impossible), so I had £55 on us to progress to the next round @ 8/11 (£40 profit).

At 93 minutes I thought that it was dead money.

I'm pretty happy with the £100 I have on us to win the league cup at 9/1 (very generous Victor Chandler), as the odds are now down to just 6/4. Should I have a small £50 saver bet on arsenal to win it @ 2/1 ?

That was a bit exciting last night, wasn't it !?

Believe it or not I managed to find a profit from last nights league cup game at home to manutd. I really couldn't decide what score to bet on (as it was impossible), so I had £55 on us to progress to the next round @ 8/11 (£40 profit).

At 93 minutes I thought that it was dead money.

I'm pretty happy with the £100 I have on us to win the league cup at 9/1 (very generous Victor Chandler), as the odds are now down to just 6/4. Should I have a small £50 saver bet on arsenal to win it @ 2/1 ?

You can do though it depends if you want some security on your bet... The thing i would say is that arsenal will still play a weakened team and although they will beat bradford their next game will probably be vs norwich or villa or us so could well trip up... I probably wouldn't, but its up to you. How annoyed would you be if somehow arsenal won and you lost the 100 quid.

Realistically I can't see anybody other than us or arsenal winning the league cup, so the saver bet is tempting (although having a bet on them to win it would make me feel a bit dirty).

I am going to have to think about this one a bit.

Newcastle to beat Liverpool this weekend is a massive 5/1!! Huge odds. I suggest everyone gets on it asap.

Already there mate... I was shocked and thought it was a miss print... I know liverpool at home and all that, but 1. newcastle are a better team and 2. liverpool have already lost to west brom 3-0...

I have taken 4/1 on the DNB... Good luck, crazy odds imo.

Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid and PSG to win is like 10/1. I know Arsenal have a tough game but i still think they can beat Schalke there tbh. They're basically 3-1 to win. They fucked me up a bit last time so maybe they can win me some dough tonight. Obviously though i'd be delighted if they lost same way.

Done a 6 game accumulator for today.

Man Utd

Chelsea

Juve

Bayern

Valencia

Barcelona ... yeah oops.

And the thing is, i thought about putting Celtic to win all morning, i had a feeling but then just thought no way. It happened.

Ok so 12 minutes to go, Aston Villa 2-2 Man Utd, i put £10 on Man Utd to win at 23/20 and they won, meh was obvious wankers. Now i've gone from £10 to £24.50 so what have i done with the £24.50? Well..... i've put it all on us to beat the scousers at 19/20. I had to, i'm up for this, we have to fuck them over. The odds are quite nice to Liverpool tbh, it's obviously because of their previous matches against us, doing the double over us 3 times in the last 4 seasons but we should be huge favourites judging the 2 teams for what they truly are right here and now. Hopefully my £10 goes from £24.50 to £47.77. Be nice, then can play with the £47.77 :P

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse to believe that it's going to be the fat spanish waiter as our next manager, so I have just LAYed £90 on Betfair @ 1.30 for a possible win of £300.

If we do get the fat spanish waiter then losing £90 will be the least of my concerns.

OK, I lost my £90 on the FSW. but have found a way to get a little bit of it back:

£120 on rafa to NOT be the manager at the start of next season @ 5/6 (Victor Chandler)

£50 on rafa to be the manager at the start of next season @ 5/2 (Ladbrokes)

Total £170 bet. £50 profit as long as he isn't manager at the start of next season, and £5 profit if for some strange reason he is still the manager.

It's not very often the bookies give you a non lose bet.

p.s. I would have bet more, but £50 is the maximum that Ladbrokes is taking on the bet.

1.English Premier League matches - Chelsea vs Fulham/Chelsea/Multi/1.41

2.English Premier League matches - Southampton vs Norwich City/Southampton/Multi /2.06

3.English Premier League matches - Swansea City vs West Bromwich Albion/West Bromwich Albion/Multi/2.95

4. English Premier League matches - Manchester United vs West Ham United/West Ham United/Multi/11.25

5. English Premier League matches - Wigan Athletic vs Manchester City/Manchester City/Multi/1.49

Total Cost

$15.00

Multiplied Odds:

Multiplied Return:

$2,154.45