The Betting Thread

Ollie

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50€ on Arsenal to win. Like @Ollie, I'd be happy with a Spurs win or a draw because it would be better for Chelsea but I'd happily take the return of 160 euros as well so it's pretty much a win-win.

I'll give it a go lol.

You have odds on given situations. For example Tottenham are 13/10 to beat arsenal. That means of you were to put 10 pounds on you would get back 23 (13 for them winning and 10 for the original stake).

The draw is 13/5. This means if you were to bet 5 pounds then if it is a draw you would get back 18 (13 for them winning and 5 pounds for your bet). If you had bet 10 pounds on that then you would get 36 pounds back (23 for the win and 10 which is what you bet).

Arsenal winning is 11/5. So if you bet 5, you get back 16.

Sometimes they are odds on, which would be like 4/5. So if you bet 5 pounds you would get 9 pounds back.

When United went 3-0 up yesterday. You could have bet on United winning but you would have gotten odds of like 1/1000. This means if you put on a 1000 pounds you would get 1001 pounds back. Those type of odds are known as "odds on".

Acummalators combine the odds. So as a a bit of fun Imay pick 6 games results . If they all win I would get a lot of money for a small bet. I. E. Look at ollies bet . He picked 5 results and bet 10 pounds and he can win 330.

That's the basics. Sorry if you already knew that. :)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible If Rmpr develops a gambling problem. :D

Thanks a lot mate, understood it all now! :)

So ..... Arsenal let me down and messed me up, quite expectedly really. I did however put £20 on a Tottenham win in the morning to actually make a slight profit over the weekend lol. Looking at it this morning, i'm quite glad Arsenal lost.

For anyone who is interested,

for a limited time only corals are offering new and existing customers enhanced odds on sprinter sacre in the queen mothers champion chase next wednesday. Everywhere else he is 2/9 or 1/4, yet corals are giving EVENS! Maximum bet 20 quid and if you didn't have a corals account you can create one and they will give you another free 20 pound bet after its settled win or lose.

Good luck. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Had 20 on jose to be next when it still returned 50 and 20 on Chelsea to win the league next season at 5/1

I agree with your logic. Next seasons odds of 5/1 is quite generous, and will most certainly come down a LOT if Jose is confirmed as the manager.

I have just had a cheeky £150 at 5/1.

I feel dirty. I have just placed £150 on man city to win the FA Cup. Odds 13/10 :blush:

I stood to win £900 (£100 @ 9/1) if we won the Carling Cup, but I refused to make a saver bet against us winning when the odds where 1/2 before the semi-final. i.e. I could have taken £200 off my potential profit to have a guaranteed £300 profit return.

So this time I am going for the saver bet. I have £100 on us to win the FA Cup at 7/1 (possible £800 return), so have put £150 on man city. Just as long as Wigan or Millwall don't win it I will at least have some return.

Nevertheless, I still feel dirty !! :mad:

I feel dirty. I have just placed £150 on man city to win the FA Cup. Odds 13/10 :blush:

I stood to win £900 (£100 @ 9/1) if we won the Carling Cup, but I refused to make a saver bet against us winning when the odds where 1/2 before the semi-final. i.e. I could have taken £200 off my potential profit to have a guaranteed £300 profit return.

So this time I am going for the saver bet. I have £100 on us to win the FA Cup at 7/1 (possible £800 return), so have put £150 on man city. Just as long as Wigan or Millwall don't win it I will at least have some return.

Nevertheless, I still feel dirty !! :mad:

Ladies and gentlemen, an historical moment has glanced upon us. T.T. has given his hand a well deserved rest and joined us, mere mortals, for a casual chit chat. Screenshot this, I certainly will, for it could be priceless in the future when legends will be told about a mysterious entity who scoured the jungle of virus infested side of the internet like Tarzan to serve us with sweet fruit that are not safe for work.

Oh, and I can relate to you feeling dirty, even guilt sometimes, but don't worry, we all do it.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

Gotta be done i guess, Did you put Chelsea to win it before the Man Utd games?

I just put £25 on a Tottenham, Arsenal double for the weekend, returns of around £95. I'm gonna do this bet very much now til the end of the season just to try n secure us Champions League football.

If i win, i might also put the winnings on City to win the FA Cup. A bitter loss is always sweeter with a bit of dough. I put £100 on Barca to beat us in the 2nd leg last season, man that 2-1 woulda been sweet lol but Torres' goal still made me elated!