The Betting Thread

Ollie

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made some money on the Van Persie transfer. When he released that statement on his official website telling the world that he wouldn't be signing a new contract at Le Arse, I instantly placed a cheeky €150 bet at 67/100 odds that he would leave before the end of the transfer window. Basically I made a profit of 100 euros on a nearly 100% sure thing (although for a while Van Persie doing a rooneyesque u-turn to stay at Arsenal seemed the most likely scenario). :getin:

I went in to Coral about half hour ago and done my bets..........I had Sunderland on there and I've just seen that the game is called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Does this make the whole bet void as it's a six fold, or just that game and if the other 5 come in I'll just get less back?

I went in to Coral about half hour ago and done my bets..........I had Sunderland on there and I've just seen that the game is called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Does this make the whole bet void as it's a six fold, or just that game and if the other 5 come in I'll just get less back?

It will just go to the 5 other games.... reducing the odds minus the Sunderland game!

Thank god for that, I was worrying that the 5 other teams would win and I'd go in and they'd tell me to do one :lol:

Na your all good mate. I had one similar last year with a monkey riding on it... was sweating cider but it came good :D

Hey Guys!

Really confused about something, will be very grateful if you can confirm what i think.

I think in decimals this means 2.0 or more?

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding our FB50 promotion.

I have reviewed your account and can confirm that you have successfully registered the promotion code FB50.

To receive the free bet token for this promotion you will now need to place a win single bet for between £5 and £50 at odds of evens or higher. Once this qualifying bet has settled/finished then your account will be credited with a free bet token for the same value."

Cheers!

almost tripled my money this weekend..... to be precise i made 25 pounds into 65...

Over time i have realised that accumulators are the way to go forward and actually make money, that too only on draw no bet accumulators.

Put 25 on a six fold accumulator, all draw no bets except a straight win for real against granada.

Draw no bets - United,Newcastle,Totenham, City and Barcelona, with real madrid as the only straight win bet, If all teams won, then would have got back 50, but since newcastle and totenham drew, my total return was 35.

Then put 10 pounds on another 6 fold accumulator, this time at odds of 3.5, again 3 draw no bets and 3 tennis bets,

Draw no bets - Napoli,Benfica and Psg, all at home except PSG....

Tennis - Serena, Federer and Azarenka.... these were at low odds of 1.05 and similar

Won the six fold without any draws, but since federer match was void as his opponent withdrew got a bit less, returns were 30....

All in all, good weekend, and i seemed to have picked up on an interesting format, where probability of winning is quite high, as most teams that are expected to win at home rarely lose, if anything they draw, which doesnt affect the accumulator much....

Earlier i used to try accumulators out of greed an go for Wins, and while the returns were very high, the Risk and probability of me losing was tremendous, and with betting, as everyone would know, it only becomes profitable if you dont have to keep investing again and again.

With draw no bets, the odds become much lower, but i can spread the accumulator over a few leagues and matches where the probability of certain teams losing is extremely low, as low as 5-7 %, so that makes my probability of winning upto 90%.

If they draw, my odds become lower but i dont lose the bet.

Obviously that also means that i dont put all my money in 1 bet, as that is the highest risk scenario. Spreading risk and investments is key, with some accumulators at high risk, high return, with low investment,

While other bets are low risk but with higher investment.

Views anyone>?

Are there any other markets, or bets that are likely to make money that i dont know of yet, or that you have mastered?

Would love to share and know your strategies and results !

I always do accumulators because there's more chance of making money but i'm doing them almost daily atm lol. Even if it's not to win much, you could win and just keep doing up to evens money to double the money each time. I always target the 1/7, 1/4, 2/7 lol but they always fuck me up anyway.

Every week i try and predict every premiership game because the odds are very high then do a mad £10 bet on all the mega odds on games. if i lose, i'll do one more bet just to try n get the money back.

I always do accumulators because there's more chance of making money but i'm doing them almost daily atm lol. Even if it's not to win much, you could win and just keep doing up to evens money to double the money each time. I always target the 1/7, 1/4, 2/7 lol but they always fuck me up anyway.

Every week i try and predict every premiership game because the odds are very high then do a mad £10 bet on all the mega odds on games. if i lose, i'll do one more bet just to try n get the money back.

1/7 means odds of 1.14 right?

If you are betting the result on every premiership win on any given weekend, then might as well go on this site and put in a pound and select outcomes of all matches in a weekend, if you get it right, then you will get 45 percent of how much ever has been bet that week.,

http://www.soccermillionaire.com

So if 10,000 people have bet, your return on a 1 pound bet will be 4500.

Instead of throwing 10ers every week, bet 1 pound a week, and if you get all results right even once in 2 seasons, then your investment will be 76 pounds , while your returns will be 4500 pounds.... interesting isnt it.... im thinking about it....

Also, i dont know how many people are betting, so if there are, say 50,000 people who have bet a pound each, and you win, then you will get 24000 pounds or something....even more interesting....

I don't use decimals i use fractions all i know is if you put £7 on 1/7 you'll win £1 + your stake. I'll work out the decimal part....

1/7 = 1.14 so yep you're correct.

My latest annoyance = Belgium U21 and Spain U21 fucking me up. Now onto the big one.

Signed up to Soccer Millionaire. I know i'm good at predicting premiership games so will give that a go. £1 a week can't hurt.