Darren Bent

Shane

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lukaku yes. But Bent... REALLY? for £18m? I remember when Sp*rs signed him for £16.5m and it just didn't work out... I'd prefer not to spend that kind of money on something I'd see as a "Yeah it might work". Especially if people are talking about £25m for Lukaku... If he was available for £8-10m then I'd say go for it... £18m is far too much

And it's not even 18 mil - it'll rise to 24 mil with appearances and goals and all that.

Really don't understand what Villa are trying to do here.

First they let O'Neill walk because they didn't give him the funds he wanted. Then they brought in Houllier who's not got a good PL record. And then they give him 24 mil to splash on - Bent!?! This is the same guy who couldn't live with the pressure of a big money transfer at Spurs. Good luck trying to look at him for saving you from relegation.

Id rather we get Andy Carrol than Darren Bent....He's a great instinctive striker (according to stats since 2005 hes scored 81 PL goals, bettered by only the Drog and Shrek with 82), but besides that he cant really hold it up or drop off or anything.