What music do you like?

And how exactly does that discredit Hip Hop?... If you want to 'butt into' my education class here, at least keep it in context.

Rap music has had the most academic treatment in contemporary music history, that's a fact, I only deal in facts.

I don't think he was trying to discredit Hip Hop. Not everyone is against you, TX. Also, you sound like Rafa Benetiz.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a huge fan of both hip hop and dub step/DNB.

Both have their intellectual qualities.

Hip hop for example

Nas

"It ain't hard to tell, I excel, then prevail

The mic is contacted, I attract clientele

My mic check is life or death, breathin a sniper's breath

I exhale the yellow smoke of buddha through righteous steps"

Jessica Care Moore

Afro-Angels hide my weapons in tangles

Black Star Spangled, fragile like hematite with the East oils I write

Despite the lack of sunlight, got my battle boots tight

Now that the government's gone, can't tell your left from your right

Winged assassins laughin while the New World's collapsin

Mother Earth's ribs crashed in, armed with cowries, I'm blastin

Dub step/DNB

Usually artists have some sort of Sound Engineering qualification and have to deal with shit like this

640_novation-dj-setup.jpg

Some don't even use a laptop, therefore have to get the beats right using only there ears, really hard while doing a live set.

Conclusion..Personal choice

And how exactly does that discredit Hip Hop?... If you want to 'butt into' my education class here, at least keep it in context.

Rap music has had the most academic treatment in contemporary music history, that's a fact, I only deal in facts.

Did you see me saying anything about hip hop or taking part in your argument? No,because that was my first post in this topic so chill out.

You said something that is false and i just wanted to point that out,nothing more.

Did you see me saying anything about hip hop or taking part in your argument? No,so chill out.

You said something that is false and i just wanted to point that out,nothing more.

Fair enough, although you've failed to name the 'actual' proffesors, until then it remains a presumption.

e.g..

'Groups' of linguistic professors & intellectuals have written books analysing the lyrics of rappers like Nasir Jones, it's not just one we're talking about here. Lyrically, Rap music has had the most academic treatment in music history, intellectually superior.

. Proffesor James Peterson

. Proffesor Eric Dyson

. Proffesor Sohail Daulatza

. Proffesor Mark Anthony Neal

. Professor Eddie Glaude

^ Coincidentally, all responsible for the book 'born to use mics', in which a rappers lyrics were analysed, and hailed as 'genius'.

My Last.fm speaking here:

"I'm into rock, hardcore, indie, alternative and female vocalists, including:

Björk, Defeater, Say Anything, The Smashing Pumpkins, Architects, Blue October, dEUS, Lostprophets, Courtney Marie Andrews, Enter Shikari, Apparat, Deftones, Lumen, Evanescence, 30 Seconds to Mars, M83, Refused, Ryan Adams, My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails, Elliott Smith, Rise Against, Placebo, Angels & Airwaves, The Subways, Nightwish, Thrice, Crystal Castles, Incubus, Chevelle, Afghan Whigs, Bat for Lashes, Bright Eyes, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Pavement, 3 Doors Down, Lamb, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Lana Del Rey, Blood Red Shoes, The Horrors, Markéta Irglová, VETO, Radiohead, The Get Up Kids, The Swell Season, Touché Amoré, The Gaslight Anthem, Alkaline Trio, Archive."

Considering only the last 12 months that is. No need to include some of the shamefully high ranked artists still from years ago ><

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I like lots of different music, but mainly I am old skool rock and blues music that is from the soul! I do like the head banging stuff..............oh memories of Download festival 2009!.the people and bands who I love are

Stevie Ray Vaughan = Better than Hendrix, I know ALOT of people will disagree but they way SRV plays that guitar is just amazing. His little wing version is out of this world.

Eric Clapton with his band Cream

Gary Moore

BB King

Santana

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Guns 'n' Roses - Slash's solo stuff is damn good and he is an underrated guitarist imo

Bon Jovi

Korn

Slipknot

Stone Sour

Papa Roach

Rage against the Machine

Alter Bridge

Metallica

Shinedown

Andrew Stronge - He was the lead singer of the Commitments, superb voice

Tracey Chapman

Steel Panther - for pure comedy! Listen to their stuff and you'll know what I mean. awesome at a gig too!

John Mayer - as close to SRV as you can get. Pure talent.

There are alot of bands and solo artists that I like but these are what I can think of now :-)

Nearly the same taste as you, as you said you also like jazz. Except I don't like Korn and Slipknot.

I'm a big sucker to the saxophone.