What music do you like?

Lampard’s bitch has discredited the intellectuals who wrote a book hailing a rapper as a modern day Shakespeare. These are linguistic professors (literally, do the research) who have more qualifications than you can fit in the Atlantic ocean. These individuals study literature for a living and have gained recognition from doing so.

Lampards Bitch & CJ Revo’s personal opinion is founded upon ignorance, which makes it invalid.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also what annoys me with rap hip-hop what ever you want to call it, the racism card comes up which annoys the hell out of me. I should of really put R&B as in proper Rythem and BLUES eg John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Fats Domino, Bo Diddley and people like that.

Alot of the all time greatest lyrics are from Blues or rock for instance,

John Lennon - Imagine

George Harrision - While my guitar gently weeps

Bob Dylan - Blowin in the wind (infact any Bob Dylan song)

Queen - Show must go on

All of Meat loafs albums Bat out of Hell 1-3 telling the story by Jim Steinman of growning up with love, lust and lost. Superb albums.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood

Fleetwood Mac - Man of the world

Elvis Presley - In the Ghetto

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

Led Zep- Stairway to Heaven

Procol Harum - Whiter shade of pale

There are loads but thats what I can think of now. But these songs are heroic and by no means meaningless. I do apologise I should of put not all rock songs are meaningless :-)

Lampard's bitch has discredited the intellectuals who wrote a book hailing a rapper as a modern day Shakespeare. These are linguistic professors (literally, do the research) who have more qualifications than you can fit in the Atlantic ocean. These individuals study literature for a living and have gained recognition from doing so.

Lampards Bitch & CJ Revo's personal opinion is founded upon ignorance, which makes it invalid.

Excuse me? I have stated I have listen to rap and hip hop and even owned things collectivly through my brother as well and both of us in fact have given away a huge amount of tapes and cds because we actually realise we didnt like any of it and we were following the crowd. I followed the crowd the stop getting bullied no joke. So I hardly find my opinion being ignorant. I could say the same about you and your ignorance towards mine and CJ's tastes but we dont we accept that you dont like it. And just because someone wrote a book doesnt mean to say I have to agree with it. Some one decided to write the bible but i think thats a load of shit too

It is all about personal choice. Guitar, bass and drums always turn me on. I never found that inspirition from hip hop or rap. Honestly I do not consider those as a music. I play guitar and have some idea on music theory. I never match my musical taste with rap, hip hop or any kind of cheap modern day pop. When I listen to Jimmy Page, Joe sat, steve Vai, John Petrucci , Tom Morello then I dont need any rap or hip hop.

It is all about personal choice. Guitar, bass and drums always turn me on. I never found that inspirition from hip hop or rap. Honestly I do not consider those as a music. I play guitar and have some idea on music theory. I never match my musical taste with rap, hip hop or any kind of cheap modern day pop. When I listen to Jimmy Page, Joe sat, steve Vai, John Petrucci , Tom Morello then I dont need any rap or hip hop.

Flea is the best bassist. He makes RHCP special for me. And he plays trumpet too, top musician.

Excuse me? I have stated I have listen to rap and hip hop and even owned things collectivly through my brother as well and both of us in fact have given away a huge amount of tapes and cds because we actually realise we didnt like any of it and we were following the crowd. I followed the crowd the stop getting bullied no joke. So I hardly find my opinion being ignorant. I could say the same about you and your ignorance towards mine and CJ's tastes but we dont we accept that you dont like it. And just because someone wrote a book doesnt mean to say I have to agree with it. Some one decided to write the bible but i think thats a load of shit too

How can you 'think' the views of linguistic proffesors are a load of shit. You don't have the required biological organ to criticize it.

The guy who wrote the book analyzing Nasir Jones's lyricism was an intellectual who has earned the title as a linguistic professor. Follow the crowd? Lmao, we all know what crowds listen to = Commercial, Mainstream Hip Hop. Which once again leaves you in no position to criticize 'real' rap music in which you have never listened to.

I respect all music genres, prove otherwise. I find your ignorance offensive, which is why i'm confronting it head on with facts. Oh, and congratulations on ignoring LDN Blue & We hate scouse's views, another sign of your sheer ignorance when confronted with truth.

The anti-intellectualism on this forum is terrifying.

How can you 'think' the views of linguistic proffesors are a load of shit. You don't have the required biological organ to criticize it.

The guy who wrote the book analyzing Nasir Jones's lyricism was an intellectual who has earned the title as a linguistic professor. Follow the crowd? Lmao, we all know what crowds listen to = Commercial, Mainstream Hip Hop. Which once again leaves you in no position to criticize 'real' rap music in which you have never listened to.

I respect all music genres, prove otherwise. I find your ignorance offensive, which is why i'm confronting it head on with facts. Oh, and congratulations on ignoring LDN Blue & We hate scouse's views, another sign of your sheer ignorance when confronted with truth.

I partly did comment on we hate scouse for apologising and saying i should of said not all rock lyrics are meaningless and I didnt feel the need to respond to LND.

You must be blind because I clearly wrote I have listened to rap music of your taste and I just do not like it anymore, and I find it pointless for me. Oh and because a professor says so I must definatly agree? No I dont think so. I just do not like it I find blues and rock more soulful and meaningful and even the music is put together better with more craft. And I have even read some of Nasir Jones lyrics this morning and not inspiring at all. and to say I haven't the required biological oragan to criticize is just god damn rude. I accept that you love this music and are really into it. I havent said you are wrong I just simply said I think its crap and I dont see a point in it anymore.

Everybody has different tastes in music.it's what makes us individuals and unique.

My music preference is mainly 90's Britpop.Bands such as the Stone Roses,The Verve,Oasis,Blur and too many more to mention.These bands revolutionised British music in a way not seen since the 1980's when The Smiths was the only unique British band we had to offer.

Back then it was 'cheesey pop' and Michael Jackson.

To the present day i quite like the sound of Kings of Leon,Arctic Monkeys,The Killers,Arcade Fire etc.Very talented bands that will no doubt grace the music festivals this summer in the same way the Roses,Oasis,Radiohead did back in the 1990's.

My Van Goths ear is to rap and hip hop.Doesn't mean that they're not talented,it's just not my cup of tea :)

• 5 months later...

Sublime, Dylan, Grateful Dead, Deerhunter, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Atlas Sound, Tame Impala, Half Pint, Barrington Levy, Glasvegas, Cock Sparrer, Cockney Rejects, Sham 69, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rolling Stones, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Stiff Little Fingers, Arctic Monkeys, Willie Nelson, Mark Knopfler, Los Campesinos, Black Lips, assorted pipe and flute bands, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, Flaming Lips, Airborne Toxic Event, The Rascals, Echo and the Bunnymen, Albert King, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Marvin Gaye, Isley Brothers, The Shins, Elvis, Bobby Vinton, Tokyo Police Club, The Smiths, 101ers, Roy Orbison, Richard Hawley, Radiohead, Buzzcocks.......just to name a few :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Most stuff really but I'm a bit mainstream ;)

Coldplay, Taio Cruz, Shontelle, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Oasis, Ne-Yo, Jay Sean, Chris Brown, Beyonce, Nicole Scherzinger, Bruno Mars, Kesha, JLS, Akon, Orson, Sean Kingston, The Script, Olly Murs, Jennifer Lopez, Nelly, The Wanted, Usher, Shakira, OneRepublic, Lemar, Lilly Allen, Kings of Leon, Keane, Jennifer Hudson, Jason Derulo, Iyaz, Cheryl Cole, Enrique Iglesias, Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas

• 3 weeks later...

I have a extensive musical taste, I like country and black metal, I guess this can explain how extensive is, but, I'll list some genres I really like:

Indie, new age, rock, rock'n'roll, alternative, electronic (dubstep, psytrance, drum and bass, 8bit music, chiptunes), black, thrash and death metal (this one from melodic to brutal), classical (Haydn, Beethoven, Mozart, Mendelsohn, Chopin, others); power and folk metal; some Japanese bands and artists like Inugami Circus-dan (犬神サーカス団), Akiko Shikata (志方あきこ) and others; oh, I almost forgot, some Russian rock artists too, like: Сплин (Splean) and Zемфира (Zemfira); blues (Robert Johnson mainly) , jazz, a bit of soul sometimes; I guess it's enough.

The bands i listen most to...

Linkin Park

Rise Against

RATM

Billy Talent

Anti-Flag

SOAD

The Rasmus

Green Day

Well there are many other bands and artists (Fort Minor, Nickelback, Casper, Two Steps From Hell...) i love but there are too many of them to name every single one...

And I love film music.

For someone who is supposedly intelligent, you do come up with some utter bollocks. You do realise what one man says is only one man's opinion? Another linguistic professor who reads Shakespeare, Pope, Kipling et al. may completely disagree.

You need to realise that just because someone disagrees with you or something you believe in does not make them wrong. Pleb.

The bands i listen most to...

Linkin Park

Rise Against

RATM

Billy Talent

Anti-Flag

SOAD

The Rasmus

Green Day

Well there are many other bands and artists (Fort Minor, Nickelback, Casper, Two Steps From Hell...) i love but there are too many of them to name every single one...

And I love film music.

:D

I just don't understand why you must publicly slate it, if you don't listen to it.

You will never see me bang on about how rock music contains simplistic meaningless lyrics. Because I somewhat respect music genres, that I don't regularly listen to. Because I haven't heard the expansive array of artists in that genre. This basic principle should be adopted by anyone discrediting rap music. Especially if you don't have a vast knowledge of the genre, and only ever hear the occasional commercial mainstream shite on mtv.

C.J Revo you might like this, it's the modern day shakespeare aka Nas & Korn...

Modern day Shakespeare? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now is the winter of our discontent

Made glorious summer by this sun of York;

And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house

In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

Now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths;

Our bruised arms hung up for monuments;

Our stern alarums changed to merry meetings,

Our dreadful marches to delightful measures.

Grim-visaged war hath smooth'd his wrinkled front;

And now, instead of mounting barded steeds

To fright the souls of fearful adversaries,

He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber

To the lascivious pleasing of a lute.

But I, that am not shaped for sportive tricks,

Nor made to court an amorous looking-glass;

I, that am rudely stamp'd, and want love's majesty

To strut before a wanton ambling nymph;

I, that am curtail'd of this fair proportion,

Cheated of feature by dissembling nature,

Deformed, unfinish'd, sent before my time

Into this breathing world, scarce half made up,

And that so lamely and unfashionable

That dogs bark at me as I halt by them;

Why, I, in this weak piping time of peace,

Have no delight to pass away the time,

Unless to spy my shadow in the sun

And descant on mine own deformity:

And therefore, since I cannot prove a lover,

To entertain these fair well-spoken days,

I am determined to prove a villain

And hate the idle pleasures of these days.

Plots have I laid, inductions dangerous,

By drunken prophecies, libels and dreams,

To set my brother Clarence and the king

In deadly hate the one against the other:

And if King Edward be as true and just

As I am subtle, false and treacherous,

This day should Clarence closely be mew'd up,

About a prophecy, which says that 'G'

Of Edward's heirs the murderer shall be.

Dive, thoughts, down to my soul: here

Clarence comes.

That's Shakespeare, if Nas can rap that in correct iambic pentameter I'll be impressed :D