What music do you like?

I like lots of different music, but mainly I am old skool rock and blues music that is from the soul! I do like the head banging stuff..............oh memories of Download festival 2009!.the people and bands who I love are

Stevie Ray Vaughan = Better than Hendrix, I know ALOT of people will disagree but they way SRV plays that guitar is just amazing. His little wing version is out of this world.

Eric Clapton with his band Cream

Gary Moore

BB King

Santana

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Guns 'n' Roses - Slash's solo stuff is damn good and he is an underrated guitarist imo

Bon Jovi

Korn

Slipknot

Stone Sour

Papa Roach

Rage against the Machine

Alter Bridge

Metallica

Shinedown

Andrew Stronge - He was the lead singer of the Commitments, superb voice

Tracey Chapman

Steel Panther - for pure comedy! Listen to their stuff and you'll know what I mean. awesome at a gig too!

John Mayer - as close to SRV as you can get. Pure talent.

There are alot of bands and solo artists that I like but these are what I can think of now :-)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old skool Like Messiah or Shades of rhythm - I mean something from around 1988-1997 not any of this squeaky (Alvin and the chipmunks) voice dj shit that chavs listen too

Metal

Metal/Rock - Metalica RATM (I freakin love rage against the machine) Anthrax,Iron maiden,Slayer,In flames,POD,

Hindi (thanks to Madmax) Literally gives me a loving peace i heard a nice one by a band called strings Love the tune

Rap/hip hop wise I like cypress hill

Yeah i know.......im bad lol

I'll listen to anything and anything. For instance my music catalogue includes Andrea Bocelli, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, Jay-Z and The Beatles.

But my personal preference is any of the rock sub-genres.

At the moment, my most-listened-to artists are the Kings of Leon, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Avenged Sevenfold, Biffy Clyro and Linkin Park. Some of my other favourites include the Foo Fighters, Oasis (not listened to them at length for a while), Muse, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kasabian, The Script, Stereophonics and Snow Patrol. So a lot of it is 'mainstream rock' but at the same time I listen to a lot of alternate rock, such as Icelandic band Sigur Ros, a bit of Indie, country (got to love Bob Dylan), and acoustic (ie. John Butler Trio).

I am a big 'rock' fan, and love some bands that have already been mentioned (like Audioslave, Three Days Grace, Alter Bridge, etc.), but i also love other genre of rock, ie Nu Metal, Heavy Metal, etc.

Ithink to sum up the bands i like in a list it would be:

Ra

Cold

Crossfade

Alter Bridge

Audioslave

Tool

Disturbed

Guns N Roses

Entwine

Poisonblack

Sentenced

Soilwork

Shinedown

Most of them i have posted YT links in the rock forum (or 'Kerrang!') if you want to check them out :)

Alternative Rock like Breaking Benjamin, seether, Puddle of Mudd etc and lots of what Zan posted. There's loads of them so not really gonna name em all but u get the idea . I dont like the heavy, screaming metal/thrash stuff at all tho. Bon jovi, Robbie Williams and Michael Jackson are also favs of mine.

I hate Gangsta Rap and Garage music with a passion tho lol.

Edited by OllieCFC

Mostly classical, because I work with it for my job and introduced to it by music teachers, not really a fan of opera though. I am open to listening to all types of music. I picked up on the Paolo Nuitini track new shoes used on the Blue Revolution DVD and went out and bought the album.

Classic Rock/Heavy Metal

Classical

Movie Score and theme

Mediterranean folk

Indian classical

Favorite bands

Pink Floyd

The Who

Led Zeppelin

Deep Purple

Jefferson Aeroplane

Black sabbath