Cobham

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh,and build a new stadium.

No.

We hardly fill them with true fans as it is. The atmosphere of the Bridge is slowly dying by corporations filling up a majority of seats or tourists who don't even support the club. The prices of the tickets are so high, still, that the regular fans miss out. Getting a new stadium is pointless till we can fill our current one.

" Abramovic out" I agree if there is an even richer owner/owners out there that won't interfere with team affairs all the time.

The word "ungrateful" is being echoed on this forum. If only some fans would take notice.

No.

We hardly fill them with true fans as it is. The atmosphere of the Bridge is slowly dying by corporations filling up a majority of seats or tourists who don't even support the club. The prices of the tickets are so high, still, that the regular fans miss out. Getting a new stadium is pointless till we can fill our current one.

But we do fill our current one. We was getting as good as 40k before Roman, when we were finishing 5th -6th every season. You can't knock the 'non true fans' they are bringing money into the club. I'm sure the Man u board don't moan at all the chinese/Irish fans flocking to every home game.

But we do fill our current one. We was getting as good as 40k before Roman, when we were finishing 5th -6th every season. You can't knock the 'non true fans' they are bringing money into the club. I'm sure the Man u board don't moan at all the chinese/Irish fans flocking to every home game.

It's not about the board. It's about that, once proud, atmosphere we had at the Bridge once. The one that sang constantly for 90minutes, even when the opposition scored. Now, even from kick off, most are quiet. Our away fans are much better.

I firmly believe, at this point, there is no point in thinking about investing in a new stadium. Especially since our whole team needs rebuilding, the less of Roman's money we have to use, the better.

"Ancelotti out" I agree with unless very soon he pulls his finger out changes things and plays players in their first choice positions and gives others a chance. Can't see it happening though.

Switching to 4-4-2 huh?

It's not about the board. It's about that, once proud, atmosphere we had at the Bridge once. The one that sang constantly for 90minutes, even when the opposition scored. Now, even from kick off, most are quiet. Our away fans are much better.

I firmly believe, at this point, there is no point in thinking about investing in a new stadium. Especially since our whole team needs rebuilding, the less of Roman's money we have to use, the better.

But football has moved on since then. No ground has proper fans anymore. Even Anfield is like a morgue now a days. Germany,Turkey,south america,now they have proper fans.

Look at the arse,60,000 mugs paying extortionate ticket prices.That's what football is about now a days,that's why they are the model club every club wants to be.

I did say if we had a new sugar daddy to invest in a stadium. I can't see Roman doing it.

Precisely. Along with resting players more.

I don't think 4-4-2 would fit here.

But football has moved on since then. No ground has proper fans anymore. Even Anfield is like a morgue now a days. Germany,Turkey,south america,now they have proper fans.

Look at the arse,60,000 mugs paying extortionate ticket prices.That's what football is about now a days,that's why they are the model club every club wants to be.

I did say if we had a new sugar daddy to invest in a stadium. I can't see Roman doing it.

We need to concentrate on other things first.

Have you been to/heard White Heart Lane on match day? (just as an example), it's one of the most intimidating grounds on England!

My point (& Eldo's) still stands, until we get the footballing side in order, we should totally forget about a new ground. We haven't sold out yet, commercially, I don't really mind keeping it that way.

And I'd rather have Roman still in charge. He shows a passion in the club, perhaps an obsession with the Champions League, but at least he comes to our games. He's there most the time, cheering us on. Which is more than you can say for other owners.

I don't think 4-4-2 would fit here.

We need to concentrate on other things first.

Why won't 442 fit in? What is the definition of a 442 club or players? They are £100k a week international players,they should be able to adapt to any system,especially the most basic one.

I was talking about the stadium thing theoretically,if ever a new owner was to come in.

Have you been to/heard White Heart Lane on match day? (just as an example), it's one of the most intimidating grounds on England!

My point (& Eldo's) still stands, until we get the footballing side in order, we should totally forget about a new ground. We haven't sold out yet, commercially, I don't really mind keeping it that way.

And I'd rather have Roman still in charge. He shows a passion in the club, perhaps an obsession with the Champions League, but at least he comes to our games. He's there most the time, cheering us on. Which is more than you can say for other owners.

Yes really intimidating. When they are beating us they may give us a rendition of 'when the spurs go marching in' and that's about it.

No.

The word "ungrateful" is being echoed on this forum. If only some fans would take notice.

The ticket prices are a bloody joke! I dont blame people for not going £50 to watch a bunch of players who dont seem to give a crap!

Hahha the protest is hillarious.And I guess in Italy they have more of a flare throwingness and ahhness about them as well..where as we're more calm and put banners up and run off.

Bloke in the pic doesnt even look bothered.Looks like someone you get on match days posing in front of the staduim or something lol.

Least we aint gone overboard with different colour scarfs...then change our minds when they start giving money and giving Rooney an obvious rise

In my view, seeing those banners might be the only way to galvanise the players - to let them know we're disappointed by the performances. I don't support a football team just for the results and success that following a club may result in, I follow a club because I enjoy the sport and love seeing players work their hardest for the cause. That's why the likes of Eidur Gudjohnsen and Robbie di Matteo will always be amongst my favourite Chelsea players, because they never gave up. Another player I loved for his faultless commitment and effort was Andrei Shevchenko, unfortunately it didn't work out for him. What my point is, is this; I don't care about the results right now, I just want to see the players bleed blue and put up a right old fight. Because with the performances will come results, and with the results the confidence will return.

Those players won us the double last season, i think they are fit for the shirt. Just because we're having a hideous spell doesn't mean last season never happened. What they done last season will be in Chelsea folklore forever. What they have done in the last 2 months will be forgotten. And we wouldn't even be where we are now without Abramovic even if he's done stupid things. Carlo lead us to the double success too.

Idiot fans.

Well least Roman aint done a Delia 'where are yaaaaa'