Top Posters In This Topic

I would put a team like this ...

------------------Turnbull------------------------

Ferreira----Ivanovič---Bruma--Van Aanholt

-----------------McEachran---------------------

-------------Ramires----Zhirkov---------------

----Sturridge-----------------Kakuta-----------

--------------------Anelka-----------------------

Than in a 2nd half Carlo MUST put in Drogba, so the Marseille fans can give him a standing ovation with a song I like very much ...

:whistling:

Is that true or are you hoping?

The only reason we would play anything resembling a senior team is to get some confidence back in our play but we can't even afford to tire our main players as they've played every single league game.

A team of Kakutas and PvAs is guaranteed and I won't be surprised if even more reserve players start.

Probably be something along these lines:

Turnbull

Ferreira, Bruma, Terry, Patch

McEachran, Essien, Kakuta

Sturridge, Anelka, Kalou

I can see Terry playing simply for match fitness, same for Essien. We don't have too many options up front.

This is a Damned if we do, Damned if we don't type of match. If we win, everybody will say this game does not matter and won't get mentioned much. If we don't win it, even if we just used youth and reserve players, it will be splashed all of the media as another sign of Chelsea's self-destruction and how we are destined to collapsed.

One player not looking forward to the trip to France is Nicolas Anelka, after the Chelsea striker launched an astonishing attack on his homeland.

'People said there was a clan of black players in the French squad at the World Cup and we then saw the true face of France,' said Anelka, who was sent home from France's World Cup base after rowing with then coach Raymond Domenech. Anelka received an 18-match ban from the French FA.

He added: 'When the France team fails to win people start talking straight away about the players' skin colours and religious beliefs.

'I am not "made in France". That is the place where I have had nothing but trouble. I have never wanted to sing the national anthem with the France team. Had they insisted on me doing so I'd have refused and quit.'

Ashley Cole, Anelka, Lampard and Zhirkov did not travel to France with our squad.

Gaël Kakuta, Van Aanholt, Billy Clifford, Jacopo Sala, Bruma, and McEachran are the confirmed youth players included in our travelling squad so far.

I agree 100% with Anelka, it used to happen in Holland with Edgar Davids and Patrick Kliuvert. If Kliuvert missed a chance in front of goal he was from Surinam when he scored he was Dutch.

This sort of thing happens in the UK also, if Amir Khan was white he would have a Ricky Hatton style support behind him, just like if Lennox lewis was white he would of had a huge fan base like Hatton.

This sort of thing happens in the UK also, if Amir Khan was white he would have a Ricky Hatton style support behind him, just like if Lennox lewis was white he would of had a huge fan base like Hatton.

Lennox Lewis had a huge following here!!