Newcastle vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Not liking the hate Ramires is getting on here at all. I thought he was easily one of our best 3 players today, in particular in the second half he made tackles, he won the ball and he did his best to support the attack, its a bit of a joke that he is our fall guy, when we signed him we knew we weren't signing Frank Lampard, thats not the kind of player he is and now that we desperately need Lampard its Ramires who is getting the blame simply because he doesn't play like Frank. Alex, Bosingwa, Mikel and Nic Anelka all had comfortably poorer games than Ramires today.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not liking the hate Ramires is getting on here at all. I thought he was easily one of our best 3 players today, in particular in the second half he made tackles, he won the ball and he did his best to support the attack, its a bit of a joke that he is our fall guy, when we signed him we knew we weren't signing Frank Lampard, thats not the kind of player he is and now that we desperately need Lampard its Ramires who is getting the blame simply because he doesn't play like Frank. Alex, Bosingwa, Mikel and Nic Anelka all had comfortably poorer games than Ramires today.

agree ,,,he was far from the being the worst today

Newcastle sat back in the second half, no wonder Ramires looked a lot better. He had the freedom of St James Park. Technically he is a poor player; his passing, positioning and awareness are all lacking. You expect a £18m midfielder to be able to control the ball and make forward thinking passes. I don't expect him to be Frank but I expect him to be as good as the Newcastle midfielders at the very least.

He may come good and I hope he does but at the moment he is woefully inept and out of his depth.

I'm not at all disappointed with the performance. We cocked up real bad for their goal but thereafter only one team played, only one created any major chances and only one looked like winning, and it wasn't Newcastle.

The ref was atrocious. Cole - should be a penalty. Drogba - how did he disallow that? Yes it's taken a touch off his arm but it is in no way intentional, he doesn't even have his arms up in an unnnatural position, unless you expect players to have their hands by their sides like they're doing a march-past.

The amount of negativity aimed at Ramires is shocking. Give the lad a break, have the guts to name out the real underperformers ie Anelka and Drogba (who can be excused a little considering his recent bout of malaria). Ramires was great today, he was my MOTM along with Malouda. The lad always wanted the ball, ran himself into the ground, was ready to put his body on the line and was full of energy. He isn't technically gifted but he showed passion, something the baldie upfront can only dream of. And ffs stop using 18 million as an excuse. It's not his fault we paid that much for him.

Again, no complaints about the performance, the result didn't arrive but if we play like we did after we went behind, expect them to start arriving again. KTF.

You know what, we've been given a really tough time by the teams and it's annoying. We need to show people what's what, we got big games coming up and maybe that's what the squad need, playing against big names, the crowd up for it and a good mentality going into it, Everton next, big game lets make it 3 points them, all points avoided us but we can make it up with United and Co in the coming weeks

it's a bad time for United to bang in goals now. A 7-1 mauling of Blackburn gives them the motive they need to stay top.

As far as we're concerned, we're far from any type of good form at the moment, so it'll make it harder to catch them!

Newcastle sat back in the second half, no wonder Ramires looked a lot better. He had the freedom of St James Park. Technically he is a poor player; his passing, positioning and awareness are all lacking. You expect a £18m midfielder to be able to control the ball and make forward thinking passes. I don't expect him to be Frank but I expect him to be as good as the Newcastle midfielders at the very least.

He may come good and I hope he does but at the moment he is woefully inept and out of his depth.

Positioning and awareness aren't technical attributes, they're psychological. We seem to be victimising him because he's from Brazil and somehow everyone expects all Brazilians to be able to do seal dribbles while jumping over 5 opposition tackles before volleying home from 25 yards out.

What does his price have to do with his performance? It's not his fault we paid 18 mil. Real paid 80 mil for Ronaldo, guess he's shit since he can't play as a goalkeeper. Afterall your ability depends on your price.

I'm not at all disappointed with the performance. We cocked up real bad for their goal but thereafter only one team played, only one created any major chances and only one looked like winning, and it wasn't Newcastle.

The ref was atrocious. Cole - should be a penalty. Drogba - how did he disallow that? Yes it's taken a touch off his arm but it is in no way intentional, he doesn't even have his arms up in an unnnatural position, unless you expect players to have their hands by their sides like they're doing a march-past.

The amount of negativity aimed at Ramires is shocking. Give the lad a break, have the guts to name out the real underperformers ie Anelka and Drogba (who can be excused a little considering his recent bout of malaria). Ramires was great today, he was my MOTM along with Malouda. The lad always wanted the ball, ran himself into the ground, was ready to put his body on the line and was full of energy. He isn't technically gifted but he showed passion, something the baldie upfront can only dream of. And ffs stop using 18 million as an excuse. It's not his fault we paid that much for him.

Again, no complaints about the performance, the result didn't arrive but if we play like we did after we went behind, expect them to start arriving again. KTF.

a lot of sense as usual Max

Why do the fans (mostly those who support a topside) always say that? You do know it's impossible to play like that in a normal game (a game where you don't trail and the opposition team don't sit back). It's just the typical top team giving it their all and the (weaker ) opposition team just sits back game.

It's that bad/slow start that is killing us right now. We've always had that problem but are now being punished for it because no one fears us anymore.

Why do the fans (mostly those who support a topside) always say that? You do know it's impossible to play like that in a normal game (a game where you don't trail and the opposition team don't sit back). It's just the typical top team giving it their all and the (weaker ) opposition team just sits back game.

It's that bad/slow start that is killing us right now. We've always had that problem but are now being punished for it because no one fears us anymore.

Well we're not in a normal period right now, so yes such continued performances + better finishing will bring us the results required in due course, maybe as soon as Everton.

Spot on. What we need to do first is reaffirm our domination at the fortress (Stamford Bridge). If we make teams quake at their boots when coming to our home then that'll start a chain reaction. We need to start a viral campaign to get supporters who go to the Bridge singing their hearts out!

We dominated today and got a result.

This is a normal period. With such a thin squad I doubt any other team would be able to manage better.

So before the game began, you wanted a draw? I didn't. Not a desirable result for me, no complaints about performance.