Newcastle vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Another of those games. Absolutely deserved to win. Can't really fault the performance but the commitment of the players certainly needs addressing.

That could be the difference come May. We're not winning game when we're in control and also dropping points when we're not playing well.

Last season we were picking up 3 points when we were shite and scoring goals out of nothing. I dont really think you can put the sudden change in form down to not having Essien and Lampard as we were rolling teams over without them earlier in the season.

Something is going on behind the scenes and it has to be sorted out asap. We need a serious kick up the arse as in several weeks we have Manu, Arsenal and Spurs in quick succession. If we dont pick up at least 7 points from those 3 games we may as well give up.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not a winning squad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to much quality disappered with ............carvalho,ballack,deco and injuries on key players,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to thin squad. december will be a nightmare,,,tottenham, arsenal, man u and bolton,,,this will maybee be remebered as black december

cheers frpm sweden

Last season we were picking up 3 points when we were shite and scoring goals out of nothing. I dont really think you can put the sudden change in form down to not having Essien and Lampard as we were rolling teams over without them earlier in the season.

Exactly. This is much more than that, I believe it's psychological. There's just no heart in this team. If the heart & soul is defined by Lampard & Essien only, then something is seriously wrong here. Drogba, Ash & Mikel are all losing their way now.

1 out of 10 performance from anelka.

Probably, I gave him a 3, just to make it look like it wasn't that bad. I just don't understand why Carlo left him on for the full 90. Taking off Mikel and leaving on Anelka was perhaps the worst move of the game.

Ramires should change his shirt number.

Personally i always give a player a full season to get used too things etc. and will start 'judging' him in his 2nd season. But considering his 18 million pounds price tag, the comments on him are understandable.

nah

we spent 24 million pounds for didier n he became a great player for us after 2 seasons

our squad was also stronger back then compared to the current one

nah

we spent 24 million pounds for didier n he became a great player for us after 2 seasons

our squad was also stronger back then compared to the current one

Remember, he's only being played because there's no alternative left. I definitely see him being dropped once Lampard is back.

Once again we didn't take our chances. Kalou couldn't finish his dinner. The only goals he will score our either tap ins or goals like he scored today which is a shame because he could be a great player, if only he could improve on his finishing. Mikel was poor by his usual standards especially first half he struggled with the pressure Newcastle put him under. Crying out for more width, we kept trying to go through the middle and at times it looked as we were unorganized up front. Needed more in the wide areas, I think that's one of the main reasons we dropped points today. Don't think we get the best out of Malouda playing him in the middle but we don't have many other options to be fair, Sturridge should of come on much earlier, would of definitely given us more width. Didn't see much from Bos today either but in saying that we were going against a brick wall down the right at times, Enrique and Gutierrez defended really well. Look back to Essien's sending off against Fulham and it looks to be really costly now, we've desperately needed him in the last few games. We should of won today but if you don't take your chances, you don't deserve to.

You know what.. Not being on top might be a good thing in this situation. I mean it's not like we deserve to be there. But the players will now see this, it'll sink in harder than ever the fact Manchester United are 2pts clear at the top. The last few losses, well, the players knew whatever happened we'd be top of the player because we always had a points buffer, now that's gone the players have no choice but to reclaim the top.

You know what.. Not being on top might be a good thing in this situation. I mean it's not like we deserve to be there. But the players will now see this, it'll sink in harder than ever the fact Manchester United are 2pts clear at the top. The last few losses, well, the players knew whatever happened we'd be top of the player because we always had a points buffer, now that's gone the players have no choice but to reclaim the top.

Or it could make some of these players play even more shit and give less of a damn.

Last summer, Carvalho, Ballack, Deco, Joe Cole and Belletti left the team. Carlo decided (or not, who knows?!) to buy only Ramires. I know, we have a lot of very good young players, but how many of them have we seen playing constantly for the first team?!

We have a big problem, and i don't know how it could be solved. I'm so frustrated right now.

Fuckin' bring Aguero or someone...Dammit!

"It is not a good moment, obviously we have lost the top of the table and we have to improve and do better, it is not enough what we are doing now," he said.

"But we had a good performance, we started bad and it was difficult from the beginning because we conceded a goal and did a mistake but after that we had a good reaction, we took our time but the performance was good."

He insisted, however, that the off-field situations at the club - namely the sacking of Ray Wilkins and impending departure of Frank Arnesen - have not influenced his team.

"I don't think so, the performance was good, just I think we have to convert the shots we have, just that," he continued.

"I think there was a penalty in the first half but he did not give it, but I don't want to judge the referee on television. I don't like to do this.

"I think at the moment it is not so easy. We have to stay focused, we can work this week and prepare well for Everton."

Player Ratings

Cech 5/10

Bosingwa 6/10

Ivanovic 6/10

Alex 4/10

A. Cole 5/10

Mikel 4/10

Ramires 5/10

Malouda 6/10

Anelka 3/10 (awful.)

Drogba 5/10 (quiet.)

Kalou 6/10

Sturridge 6/10 (and that's just in 10minutes he was allowed on)

those ratings look accurate to me .. nik was atrocious