• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole/PVA

Mikel

Ramires Zhirkov

Kalou Drogba Anelka

I think Essien, Malouda and Ivanovic deserve a rest and maybe Cole too (Liverpool game).

Still a strong enough side to beath Spartak at home and qualify for the second round.

Surely out of anyone we should rest Mikel?

The thing is, i feel Mikel could play a whole season without missing a single game.

And with Lampard and Benayoun injured and Essien and Malouda deserving a rest, we don't have any more options for the DM role

The thing is, i feel Mikel could play a whole season without missing a single game.

And with Lampard and Benayoun injured and Essien and Malouda deserving a rest, we don't have any more options for the DM role

I see your point, but don't forget Essien & Ramires can both play as a DM. So giving Mikel a rest shouldn't really be a problem. I can imagine something like:

..................Ramires

............Kakuta - Zhirkov

Sturridge - Drogba - Malouda

I see your point, but don't forget Essien & Ramires can both play as a DM. So giving Mikel a rest shouldn't really be a problem. I can imagine something like:

..................Ramires

............Kakuta - Zhirkov

Sturridge - Drogba - Malouda

Can't believe i forgot about Kakuta and yeah that midfield could work.

But we know our coach and the chance of that happening is -1 :lol:.

As much as I'd like Carlo to experiment here, he is not going to. He'll put out a near full strength team and look to get the 3 points that will see us qualify as leaders of the group.

Cech

Bosingwa, Alex/Ivan, JT, Ash

Mikel

Essien, Yuri

Anelka/Kalou, Drogba, Mlaouda

Yeah I agree, I can see Mikel playing 45 minutes then seeing Josh come on, for example. However I think we will see a strong line-up, a moderately strong one in Marseille and then a more youth-orientated one against Zilina. I don't really care if we lose either game, the kids simply need the minutes.

Bruma, Kakuta, van Aanholt are playing tonight, McEachran isn't. That is interesting. What could that mean.

I think Josh has got ahead of Gael because of the maturity he has shown in his time on the pitch ...Thought Danny looked better on Saturday.

Sturridge changed the game in my opinion. Okay, maybe the most he did in direct attacking terms was that rasping drive as soon as he came on, but his pace, speed and intelligence was key to us winning. He's very mature in terms of his positioning and took up some great positions on the pitch on Saturday. He also had an integral role in the goal as he helped 'suck' the Blackburn players to the ball by peeling off Zhirkov. Very clever player, hope he plays Wednesday.

No Borini in the reserves either... perhaps he will get some minutes?