• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see this..

Turnbull

Bosingwa - Alex - Terry - A. Cole

Essien

Ramires - Zhirkov

Kalou - Drogba - Malouda

(Is Drogba back from suspension for this one?)

Anyway, I'd like to see Turnbull in goal because I don't want Cech going out and picking up something before Liverpool. Plus, he deserves the rest. As does Mikel, so I'd like to see Essien take up his old position so Zhirkov can play as well. Hopefully we'll see Lampard appear for the last 10mins with Kakuta & McEachran. :)

Would like ONE youngster to start.

Turnball in goal? No thanks! Hilarious instead please!

With our defence & us being at home, it'd be a quiet night for our keeper. Would give Turnbull good confidence, since it doesn't look like we're gonna sell him, Ancelotti might as well give him some confidence.

With our defence & us being at home, it'd be a quiet night for our keeper. Would give Turnbull good confidence, since it doesn't look like we're gonna sell him, Ancelotti might as well give him some confidence.

To be fair, they're both awful but i would be more confident if Hilario was on the team sheet then Turnbull. I hope that 1: we sell Turnbull in January and get Begovic, 2: Hilario retires or goes back to Portugal in the summer, that way we can have a decent back up and then the third could be one our young keepers (Delac, Taylor, Walker, Sebek).

But it all depends on whom is playing defence, if it's ALEX -- Terry then give him a go, Alex is terrific and cutting back to solve any problems as is Terry. Ivanovic, in my opinion, is better on cutting down players and dispossessing them and tackling full on.

I think we should play ...

--------------Turnbull/Hilario---------------

Bosingwa--Alex---Terry-----Van Aanholt

----------------Essien----------------------

--------Ramires----Zhirkov--------------

-----Kalou-----------------Sturridge-----

-----------------Drogba---------------------

That way Cech, Ivanovič, A.Cole, Mikel, Malouda & Anelka can rest for Liverpool but we would still have a good team.

I am hoping for a win, so we can get first place 2 games early, but a draw wouldn't be bad because we still play Zilina at home and I expect our boys to beat them. But if we win against Spartak than our young player can get a chance to prove their quality ... they won't get much playing time now that we're out of Carling Cup and thats quite sad :(.

Agreed. Excepted for Drogba...... I would rather play Sturridge.

Me too, he looked lively today! But since it's his first game back from being suspended I think he will be determined to play. It'll be emotional for him when he goes back to the Vélodrome. (will you be going to that?)

Me too, he looked lively today! But since it's his first game back from being suspended I think he will be determined to play. It'll be emotional for him when he goes back to the Vélodrome. (will you be going to that?)

I'm trying to get a ticket... But untill now, i only found tickets for the OM's kop...

I would put out a good enough team.

Perhaps:

---------------------Cech---------------

--Bosingwa--Ivanovic--Alex--Ferreira---

-----------------Mikel------------------

-----Ramires--------Zhirkov---------

----Sturridge--Anelka--Kalou-------

Good side, and would be able to give JT, A.Cole, Essien, Malouda & Didier a rest. Probably have at least 2-3 of those on sub bench though.

Edited by Cameron

we should play a strong team with one or two sub/youngsters (i'm thinking to Kalou and Sturridge), in aim to warrant the victory. Thus against Zilina and Marseille we may play few youngsters without take any risks...