LDN Blue

It's really depressing when you see another team doing it over and over again in 90 minutes.

Exactly.

I can only hope the club have taken notice. A bid for Pastore's gone a way to show this, the next step would be to secure his signature & find a couple more like him.

Xavi and Iniesta weren't on the field during the first half. Alonso did fantastic as the playmaker from deep.

And I know Spain have great passers but the gulf in class shouldn't be that obvious. Are Chelsea a top club or not?

The level of the club has nothing with how great their passing game should be. Man Utd are the PL champions and reached the final of the CL.. their passing game isn't even better than Chelsea's.

But don't get me wrong, I want the same thing as you. I've been hoping for great playmakers/passers to join Chelsea for years, they are my favorite type of players, but every year it just doesn't happen. Deco came the closest.. but he was past his prime.

Exactly.

I can only hope the club have taken notice. A bid for Pastore's gone a way to show this, the next step would be to secure his signature & find a couple more like him.

Passing is not Pastore's strongest point, his dribbling, technique and fantasy are his strongest points. He's a good passer but nothing special.

You never know how he'll develop in that area though.

Watched the replay on Youtube. What a great pass by Valero, so beautiful. If it was at Chelsea it would have been 1) Torres' run is ignored and the ball goes elsewhere or 2) the passer holds for another 2 seconds and by the time the ball gets to Torres, he surrounded by 2 centerhalves.

I'm not saying Torres was on great form this season, but a steady diet of balls into space for him would have meant everything. Everything for a striker like him. A goalpost strike and a goal tonight. I would settle for that from Torres on a consistent basis. No striker has 100% record, every striker misses easy ones but the very good ones, will overall time, show their class. I don't think Torres had that chance this season. He wasn't fantastic but he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be.

Torres doesn't get involved in the build up play.. He's isolating himself, quite annoying to watch to be honest.

That has never been his strong suit. The difference in the past when given the ball he usually has the confidence to take players on and convert chances. So you could overlook the other parts of his game. Now he's taking that extra half step and losing the opportunity to finish. The goal was a glimpse of Torres of old - run onto the ball, don't hesitate, finish quickly, goal.

The level of the club has nothing with how great their passing game should be. Man Utd are the PL champions and reached the final of the CL.. their passing game isn't even better than Chelsea's.

But don't get me wrong, I want the same thing as you. I've been hoping for great playmakers/passers to join Chelsea for years, they are my favorite type of players, but every year it just doesn't happen. Deco came the closest.. but he was past his prime.

I think most of us agree a great playmaker/passer would be one of our top 3 choices for Chelsea. I still don't understand how that translates onto the field with Lampard and I'm not a Lampard hater. I just don't see it happening but I may be missing the obvious and would love to be taught the error of my ways.

Hopefully it will be better than the game in Norway..

When I saw the group the first time, I wanted Norway to win and Iceland to come in second, would have been brilliant!

I reckon you need the likes of Huseklepp, Riise and Pedersen to deliver in that game, and I reckon you've got a chance. Huseklepp scored against Denmark in Oslo, while giving them grief coming to the end of the game, so you could have easily won!

As far as Sweden are concerned, the best they can come up with is a runner-up spot, because as far as I'm concerned, they will never catch Holland. I do however reckon they can beat Finland twice and Hungary in the next couple of games before they host the Dutch in Stockholm in the final game.

The good thing however, is that if they can beat Finland twice and Hungary, and are still second, they can nick top of the runner-up leaderboard and will qualify automatically, so wins all round are a must! Heja Sverige!! :smiliecap1:

Edited by CJ Revo

Thought Silva was absolute class in the first half especially. Alonso played the deep playmaker to perfection. A creative midfield can do so much. That said the USMNT was awful in the first half. Bradley's 6 second half subs were an improvement.

I think most of us agree a great playmaker/passer would be one of our top 3 choices for Chelsea. I still don't understand how that translates onto the field with Lampard and I'm not a Lampard hater. I just don't see it happening but I may be missing the obvious and would love to be taught the error of my ways.

It depends on the manager really. If the new manager wants to play a style that revolves around short passing, then buying a great playmaker is a must.

I reckon you need the likes of Huseklepp, Riise and Pedersen to deliver in that game, and I reckon you've got a chance. Huseklepp scored against Denmark in Oslo, while giving them grief coming to the end of the game, so you could have easily won!

As far as Sweden are concerned, the best they can come up with is a runner-up spot, because as far as I'm concerned, they will never catch Holland. I do however reckon they can beat Finland twice and Hungary in the next couple of games before they host the Dutch in Stockholm in the final game.

The good thing however, is that if they can beat Finland twice and Hungary, and are still second, they can nick top of the runner-up leaderboard and will qualify automatically, so wins all round are a must! Heja Sverige!! :smiliecap1:

Yeah, the chance is still there... imo Henning Hauger next to Hangeland is Norways best player.

Also need Moa to start delivering like he is doing in the Bundesliga...

Offcourse I want Sweden to go trough, Heia Sverige!! On paper they have a better team than Finland, and I also think they will beat Hungary.

In terms of a playmaker we haven't replaced Zola . I long for the day we will get one worthy of taking Zolas number.

Yeah, the chance is still there... imo Henning Hauger next to Hangeland is Norways best player.

Also need Moa to start delivering like he is doing in the Bundesliga...

Oh yes of course, forgot about Hangeland! He's done really well for club and country hasn't he??

One player I rated really highly is Erik Hagen! Seriously, he looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with. Has he retired from International football now?