Josh McEachran

Term-X

fame has gotten to his head

He's really not that type of lad. He's very meek and that is part of the problem because I don't think he's got that nastiness in him. If you look at his background, he didn't grow up in a rough neighbourhood where football was his only way out. He's had a fairly comfortable life and sometimes that can be to the detriment of a player's fighting spirit.

Now there are obvious exceptions and I'm by no means saying all footballers grew up on the wrong side of the tracks (Frank is a fantastic example of a person who came from a good background but still had an almighty hunger and developed a great work ethic) but Josh really needs to get some swagger and act a bit of a cunt.

He's got fantastic technique on the ball, he just needs to fight a little bit harder to get on it more and create space. Oscar manages it - he really muscles people off the ball and uses his arse to create space for himself. Josh needs to watch him a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

last two years have been disappointing similar to Kakuta. I am not comparing their attitudes merely their progress.

I agree. And I feel the club has to take a lot of the blame for that. The loans we've sent him on have been completely unfitting.

Do you guys think he should come back to Chelsea? or another useless loan? or this time a good loan ...

Come to think of it, with Mikel, Van Ginkel, Ake, Lamps, Ramires and possibly Luiz, I can't see him getting too much playing time. I mean the cup games will probably be for Van Ginkel and Ake ? unless Van Ginkel becomes a starting XI player.

i would rather he comes back to Chelsea, as atleast we can give him gametime in the cup competetions and some PL too.

We need to actively monitor his progression and make big decisions in his training etc, rather than send him to another club where they only care about their result and not Josh's personal development.

On the top of it, he needs to MAN UP, grow some muscle and become stronger. He is too much of a schoolboy ever since he showed up.

He can only get better in Chelsea, even if he gets lesser time on the pitch.

He kind of reminds me of Granero, a guy who was developing well at real madrid because he grew up with quality players around, but the moment he went to a club with inferior players, he could not influence the game. Josh's case is similar and he needs to build his game and potential here.

I dont see ANY PL side giving him regular football. That is where he is at presently.

We need to personally give him that extra bit he needs in order to take that next step.