The Pre-Season Thread

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/chelsea-say-thanks-to-rafa-benitez-but-all-eyes-now-point-to-jose-mourinho-8620014.html

Officially, Benitez's contract runs out at the end of next month and, as things stand, he is scheduled to take the team for their two lucrative post-season friendlies against Manchester City in St Louis and New York at the end of this month, although if events conspire otherwise, it is not critical that he does so.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a real treat for the US fans if Mourinho was appointed in time for those games.

That is unlikely as Mourinho is sure to finish the season with Madrid as La Liga will only end on 1st June.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8718528/The-Premier-League-confirm-possible-play-off-date

The Premier League has confirmed that the potential play-off against Arsenal will take place on 26th May at Villa Park. And that means should it happen, we would have to cancel both of these post-season friendlies against City as it will be played on the 23rd and 25th May.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8718528/The-Premier-League-confirm-possible-play-off-date

The Premier League has confirmed that the potential play-off against Arsenal will take place on 26th May at Villa Park. And that means should it happen, we would have to cancel both of these post-season friendlies against City as it will be played on the 23rd and 25th May.

Or we could send our loanees to the US and play, since they can probably field a whole team.

I just scored tix!!

The cheapest I could find, but who cares, I'm going!

I heard last year was a lot of fun for fans, so I'm looking forward to it.

9DdLlbo.png

Haha brill , do you know of any good soccer stores in NYC that will have the new chelsea kit ..and potentially with lettering on it ?

For some reason, I can see a lot of the first team dropping out of this...

Yeah though im hoping alot of the wags will encourage them to go for an excuse to spend $$$$ down 5th avenue.

Haha brill , do you know of any good soccer stores in NYC that will have the new chelsea kit ..and potentially with lettering on it ?

Yeah though im hoping alot of the wags will encourage them to go for an excuse to spend $$$$ down 5th avenue.

Last season only the players traveled.... Not sure if family was allowed to come to the states.

America might be the growing market...?

I thought football games have been going on in America for years. After all, in America football is not well followed as anticipated.

Perhaps, Chelsea may play a game of baseball & plenty of people will attend ?

What´s so important about this marketing ?

The players will be fed up, tired of playing so many games. Why not give them 2-3 weeks of well deserved rest ?

Americas football market is growing quite rapidly. MLS teams are starting to sell out all their games. Granted our stadiums are only built to hold 15-20 thousand people. However, from where football was in the US, it's quite an achievement. Chelsea coming to the states will only help the game grow here too.

Americas football market is growing quite rapidly. MLS teams are starting to sell out all their games. Granted our stadiums are only built to hold 15-20 thousand people. However, from where football was in the US, it's quite an achievement. Chelsea coming to the states will only help the game grow here too.

The football market in comparison to the population is pathetic & has been for decades.

Chelsea gets paid well for two training games in the US but I´d rather see the players resting in Tahiti.

I live in NYC and yes as a fan, I think the players should rest. But yes, as a fan, I scored two tix as soon as they were out there. I just wanna show mata some love. AND since Spain is playing Ireland in NYC two weeks after the Chelsea/City game, I'm hoping Juan will be straight chillen with me in NYC hahahaha

Will be going to the NYC with my family, should be fun!

I would like to see Lukaku with us, if he is available. After that, every player needs a rest, but I would not mind some of them coming in the second half for a cameo and applause from the crowd. :)