• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GK : Cech

DF : Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole

DM : Essien

CM : Ramires, Lampard

FW : Sturridge/Anelka, Drogba, Malouda

Subs : Turnbull, Bruma, Zhirkov, Mikel, Kalou, Matic, Anelka/Sturridge

Carlo confirms no Ramires, Bruma, Kakuta tomorrow.Ivan to start.

Gk : Cech

DF : Ivan, Alex, Terry, Cole

DM : Mikel

CM : Essien, Lampard

FW : Anelka, Drogba, Malouda

Subs : Hilario/Turnbull, Zhirkov, PvA, Matic, Benayoun, Kalou, Sturridge

Stat of the day:

Petr Cech has not conceded a goal in 406 minutes of Barclays Premier League action since Gareth Bale scored for Spurs in April.

INJURY NEWS - Chelsea have Branislav Ivanovic fit for the trip to the DW Stadium and Frank Lampard has recovered completely from an ankle knock.

Petr Cech has not conceded a goal in 406 minutes of Barclays Premier League action since Gareth Bale scored for Spurs in April.

I guess the record's in Petr's hands too, right? From 2005 probably... what's the record? Anybody know?

I guess the record's in Petr's hands too, right? From 2005 probably... what's the record? Anybody know?

During the 2004–05 season, Čech went 1,025 minutes without conceding a goal — a former Premier League record until it was surpassed by Edwin Van der Sar of Manchester United on 27 January 2009.

dry.gif

Van der Sar holds it now with 1,311 minutes without conceding a goal in the 08-09 season.

Edit: Snap,4 posts in one minute(!)

Edited by Kostas

Thanks to all of you.

That means he has to survive Wigan, Stoke, West Ham, Blackpool, City (away), Arsenal, Aston Villa (away), Wolves, Rovers and about 60 minutes at Anfield to get the record back... wow.

Don't see why he can't, he isn't one of the world's best goalkeepers for no reason!

I can tell you why he won't get that record... at one point (my bet is Aston Villa away, City away or even West Ham away) our defense will fuck the whole thing up... there will be at least one goal like the one from Stephen Hunt last year, or Darren Bent.

Cech didn't do any huge mistakes the last few years, our defense did. And unfortunately Petr can't deny anything...